So, you are in the midst of finding a home in winters. Although, the selling price of homes in Killeen during this season is easy on wallet but finding one with all the essentials can be a headache. To take your stress away, here we list a few tips that can help you buy a home that perfectly suits your budget and needs.
- Find the location: First, you will need to pinpoint the locations that are more likely to score a good and affordable deal. In order to do that, you can hit the online forum and checkout the local newspapers for current rental listings. Once you are done making a list of the locations, you may proceed to the next step.
- Type of house: It is very important to consider the architectural style before buying a house in winters. Make sure the construction is appropriate and the insulation is sufficient to keep the interiors warm and cozy. Some of the architectural styles that provide the immunity from winter problems are Ranch house, Dutch colonial, triangular attic style etc.
- Know the neighbors and area: One significant advantage of purchasing a house in winter is that you can get to know your neighbors better. Since most people prefer to stay at home during this time of the year, it is a great opportunity to get familiar with them. Ask them how good the area has been to them and what problems they have encountered so far.
- Negotiation with owner: Last but not least, negotiate the concession with the homeowners. Generally, the owners selling their houses in winters are in a little rush. But before you make your move, make sure you have done the homework properly. Do a complete market research on the current prices of the comparable houses in the area and set your margin lower than what you actually have in mind.
Generally, the first time home buyers often overlook the important points and end up disappointed. It is advisable that they hire a Killeen realtor with extensive knowledge of key areas to pay attention to.
If you are looking for a realtor to assist you through the home buying process in winters, visit us at Lone Star Realty. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699-7003.
Many people in Killeen, Texas prefer to choose a duplex for rent and it is easy to see why. In addition to providing a secure and spacious area to live, renting a duplex cuts down the cost of living. Since there are a many dupl
ex available for rent today, you might find it a little tricky to figure out which is the right one for you.
To take your frown away, we list a few handy tips that can help you cherry-pick the ideal duplex in Killeen TX:
- Stay within the perimeter: Do a little bit of math before choosing a duplex. Set a budget and stick to it. To be on the safe side, follow the “one-third rule” i.e. try not to exceed one third of your monthly wage. If you are a little too low on budget, sharing a duplex with a roommate can be a wise option.
- Where to search: One of the significant and probably the most daunting steps involved in renting a duplex is limiting the location. One easy way to do that is to make a list of the preferable locations. Consider the locations that are secure, affordable and accessible. We, at Lone Star Realty showcase the current rental listing at our website that provides a perfect platform to browse the duplexes through location and price.
- Separate Utilities: It is very important to consider the utilities while choosing a duplex. Many duplexes offer shared utilities in which the cost of usage gets shared between the two units. We advise you to go for the duplex with independent utilities like electricity, gas, telephone etc. This way you can rest assured that you are paying for what you have actually used.
- Get to know your fellow tenants: Familiarize with the tenants who are already living in the other unit. Make sure they are thoughtful, compatible and you can imagine yourself living next door to them for extended periods of time. It is also important to ask how their experience has been so far. It might help you get a better idea of the place and the owner.
In addition, it is equally important to do a complete market research before selecting a duplex for rent. Once you are done, negotiate the concessions with landlord, understand the length of lease, security deposits, etc.
Provided you are fully prepared, renting a duplex is a great way to go! To check out the duplexes on rent in Killeen, visit our website www.lonestarrealty.net