Renting a home can be a great alternative if you are not yet financially prepared to buy a property. However, it can be quite an overwhelming experience if you do not know the basics of the process. In order to find a suitable rental home for you and your family, you need to be realistic and assess your needs carefully. Here are some important tips that can help you:
- Choose the area carefully: While looking for the rental property, it is important that you carry out research to find a location that perfectly suits your needs. Check its proximity to your child’s school, grocery stores and other places of importance. Also make sure the place is near your office so that you can save time and money on your daily commute.
- Find a real estate agent: To find the best property within your budget, you must hire a real estate agent who has a thorough knowledge about the local market. The agent should also have good reputation and track record.
- View the property: Make sure you view the property and see if it meets your expectations. Do a walk through and ensure that it is in good condition. Ensure that the appliances and electrical fittings are in proper working condition. Check the bathroom and kitchen faucets for any leakages and plumbing issues. Make a list of the things that need repair and discuss it with the landlord. You can also take pictures of the home before moving in as this will help you prove the condition of the home before you move out.
- Document all the communication: You must ensure that all the things discussed between you and the landlord, related to the maintenance and rent, is documented and agreed upon by both of you. This will help you avoid any disagreements with your landlord at a later point of time.
- Check the lease agreement before signing: Make sure you go through the lease agreement and confirm clearly states all the rules and regulations. The contract should mention the details about the lease duration, rent, payment mode, utility bills, pet policy and other relevant points. Clear any doubts you have and get them in writing. You can also ask for amendments if you find any clause inappropriate. Once you sign the lease, make sure you follow all the lease terms to avoid any legal troubles.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you find the perfect rental home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Every landlord must remodel his rental property to increase its value in the real estate market. A remodeled rental home is given priority over a disorganized one and also proves to be a fortune maker for the landlord. The following tips can help you remodel your rental home –
- Renovate when the property is vacant: When your property is occupied, it becomes tough to initiate any type of remodeling. Be it changing floor tiles, refurbishing the kitchen or repainting the walls, all of it can be done with ease when your tenants are not residing in the property.
- Install new flooring: Quality and durable flooring such as laminates or tiles will not only give a new look to the property but also save you from costly floor repair costs in future. If you have carpets installed, make sure you thoroughly clean them before any potential tenant visits the property.
- Replace bathroom fittings: It is advised to replace old/damaged bathroom fittings such as faucets, towel rails, toilet roll holders etc. with new ones. You must also repair broken pipes and wash basins to give your bathroom a new look. Also, replace the bathroom mirror if it is cracked or has become very dull in appearance.
- Remodel step by step: Remodeling is a great way to add value to your rental property but doing it all at once might take away your peace of mind. Instead, focus on renovating one place at a time. It will get you better results, save a lot of time and ease financial burden on your pocket.
- Be proactive: Make it a top priority to address issues concerning your rental property that require immediate attention. You must never neglect a leaking faucet, a burnt-out electric bulb or a broken tile. A well maintained rental property is always ready to be shown to prospective tenants. It also makes you more confident about asking a reasonable rent from the prospective tenants.
- Focus on areas with highest return on investment: The main focus areas that offer good rental value are the living room, kitchen and bathrooms. Make sure that these three spaces are clean, airy and presentable along with necessary light and water facilities. When initiating the remodeling work, try to begin with these areas.
- Take practical decisions: Being a landlord, you have to take some practical decisions when it comes to remodeling your rental property. For best results, think what you would like in a home if you were a tenant and make changes accordingly.
For more tips to efficiently remodel your rental property in Killeen, TX, feel free to contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. at (254) 699 – 7003.
When searching for a rental home one needs to consider the location, affordability of rent, lease terms and amenities offered to make a well-informed decision. In order to have a hassle free rental experience, it is essential that these details are paid attention to before you finalize a home.
Here are some of the important things that you must keep in mind while searching for a rental home in Killeen, TX:
- Do A Lot Of Research: This is the basic and most important step in the renting process. Thoroughly research about the home you are planning to rent. Visit the area at different times of the day to see if there are any traffic issues during peak hours. Walk through the locality to evaluate the security arrangements and night time lighting system. Also review the rent quoted by similar properties in that area.
- Take Someone Along: Never visit a potential rental home all alone. It is equally important to have the opinion of other people who are going to stay with you in the house. It will also help you inspect the house in a better way.
- Rent A Home With The Required Amenities: It might seem to be enticing to choose a rental home based on its outer appearance. However, it is important that it offers all the amenities that you need to live comfortably. Take some time out to determine what all you require, such as fenced yard, garage, backyard, easy accessibility to school, office, shopping mall etc.
- Inspect The Home: When you visit the rental property, make it a point to inspect everything meticulously. Check the plumbing system in the bathroom and kitchen, door locks and handles, dampness, electrical wiring etc. Also, look for any signs of pest infestation in the house.
- Negotiate Rent: Although rent may not always be negotiable, you can’t be sure until you ask. Real estate agents are aware of all the renting procedures and can help you negotiate the rent in a better way.
If you are looking for quality rental homes in Killeen, contact the agents at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. for assistance. We can help you get through the entire renting process conveniently and without any trouble. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.