A number of homeowners are turning into landlords by renting out their properties. It not only helps them keep their additional property occupied and maintained, but also generate a consistent income. If you are planning to rent out your home, there are a lot of factors that must be considered in order to streamline the entire process.
Here are some tips that can help to rent your home:
- Be prepared to handle the responsibility: Being a landlord is an obligation that you should be prepared to handle. Though it comes with a lot of monetary benefits, you also have certain responsibilities such as maintaining the house, carrying out required repairs, collecting rent and ensuring that the tenants are living comfortably in the rental home.
- Prepare the house: In order to attract the attention of potential tenants, you need to stage your house efficiently. You should clean the house thoroughly, fix any leaking fixtures, repair the electrical appliances and make sure that proper safety features are installed. To boost the demand of the house, you can consider adding certain desirable amenities such as washer, dryer, central air conditioning, garage etc.
- Advertize the house: You need to market your house effectively for maximum exposure in the rental market. You can post advertizements in the local newspaper, credible websites or other reliable sources. By marketing your property in the right manner, you can increase your chances of attaining occupancy in a much lesser time.
- Hire professionals: Professional real estate agents are well-versed with the laws and procedures of renting. They can help to streamline the entire process and increase returns from your rental property. They will assist you with property marketing, tenant screening, lease preparation etc.
- Determine rent amount: You must set a competitive rent amount for your property. Check out the rent quoted by similar properties in your locality or surrounding areas. Overpricing or underpricing your rental home can drive off many potential tenants.
- Screen the tenants cautiously: Before you rent out the house, make sure you screen the tenants and check their background. Get in touch with their employer or previous landlords to get a better idea about their temperament and conduct. You should also verify their credit history to ensure that they will be able to pay the rent on time,
If you are planning to rent your home in Killeen, TX, contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
When selling your home during the fall season, you can take advantage of a reduced competition due to a fewer number of homes available for sale. Proper planning and efficient home staging can help you go through the process quite smoothly. If you present your home well to the prospective buyers, you stand a good chance of signing a profitable deal.
Here are some tips that can help to sell your home during the fall:
- Conduct thorough home inspection: You need to make sure your home looks impeccable and all the electronic devices function well. Perform all the maintenance tasks well ahead of putting your home for sale. Check all the gadgets as well as the kitchen cabinets. Get a fresh coat of paint on the walls of your home for a neat look. De-clutter and do not stack any unrequired furniture items in the living room. This will give a spacious and airy look to your house.
- Attractive landscaping/exteriors: An eye-catching landscape and garden is a great way to increase the curb appeal of your property. Make sure you clean all the fallen leaves and remove dead plants so that your lawn looks beautiful. There should not be any mold or mildew on the deck. You can also consider beautifying the exterior with some seasonal and decorative plants to give a welcoming feel to the prospective buyers.
- Appropriate pricing: Before deciding on the price for your home, you should analyze the current real estate trends and the price quoted by other similar properties in your area. Overpricing or underpricing can drive off many potential buyers. You can hire a real estate agent for expert guidance in this regard.
- Embrace the fall season: As fall season is marked by festivities, including Halloween and Thanksgiving, you can adjust the theme of your home in consonance with the holiday season. However, you need to make sure that you don’t overdo it. Just add the decor that complements the fall season beautifully.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help to sell on your home in Killeen, TX. Our real estate agents will find the most suitable buyers and make sure that the deal is closed at an appropriate price. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 - 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
If you are planning to rent a home, you might be confused between choosing an apartment or a duplex. Though both of them have their advantages and disadvantages, you have to select the one that perfectly suits your budget, needs and lifestyle.
Here are the pros and cons of each of these housing options:
Apartments have always been a favorable option for people who are looking for an affordable home to rent.
- No maintenance: The maintenance of the apartments is the responsibility of the landlord. Therefore, you do not have to worry about any repair work. You only need to inform the landlord about any maintenance issues and he will get them fixed in a timely manner.
- Less expensive: Apartments are a good option for people who are on a limited budget for monthly rent payments. Also, most apartments are equipped with the electrical appliances and other necessary conveniences, which further cut down the costs
- Amenities: Apartment buildings generally offer a wide array of amenities which might not be available in a duplex. These may include gym, swimming pool, covered parking, communal barbeques etc.
- Constricted living space: Since an apartment is smaller as compared to a normal house, you have a limited space to live in. There is no segregation of rooms and there is no provision to add an extension.
- Limited privacy: With a small living space, you may face privacy issues in an apartment. Due to a shared wall and physically closer units, your voice can easily reach the apartment next door and vice versa.
- Restrictions on personalization: There may be restrictions on personalization in an apartment building. So, you cannot repaint or remodel anything without the consent of the landlord.
A duplex is basically a single home that is divided into two apartments with separate entrances. It offers a good sized home at a considerably affordable rent.
- Outdoor space: Duplexes may have split yards on the front as well as back side. You can utilize this space to spend leisure time or host outdoor parties. You can even make your own vegetable garden in this space.
- Affordable: Duplexes are an affordable option because you can share the monthly rent payment with another tenant.
- Less sharing: All the amenities have to be shared between people living in an apartment complex. However, this is not the case if you live in a duplex. You can get your own driveway, garage and lawn close to your side of the duplex.
- Tenant conflicts: Since you do not know who will be renting the other side of the duplex, there is a possibility of conflicts with the tenants. There could be noise issues and this can make living side-by-side a difficult proposition.
- Divided yard: The backyard and front yard have to be shared with the other tenants. This can sometimes cause unnecessary hassles. For instance, you might have a pet that can make the other tenant uncomfortable.
- More Responsibilities: While living in a duplex, the responsibility for property maintenance is to be borne by the tenant.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., offer affordable duplexes and apartments for rent in Fort Hood, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.