Online listing has become one of the most preferred options for buyers to scan through homes and shortlist the ones they would like to visit. MLS listings provide a great opportunity for sellers to attract the attention of potential buyers. Uploading high quality pictures of your home will increase the likelihood of them wanting to buy your place. When you have decided to get a photo shoot done, there are some home staging tips which may help you get the best results.
- Clean your home: Before clicking the pictures, make sure the house is absolutely clean and spotless. Organize the furniture to make the area look spacious and well-furnished. Curtains, tablecloths, window coverings, bedcovers etc. should be in top condition. Remove all your personal belongings to let the buyers focus on other features showcased in the images.
- Add accessories: It is always useful to add certain minute elements such as keeping fruit baskets or drapes around the sofa seat. It will provide a sense of warmth to the pictures and help the buyers visualize themselves in the house.
- Do not overdo anything: If you go overboard with adding props and decoration items in the home, it may distract the buyers. Let it be simple yet elegant so that the positive features of the home are perfectly highlighted.
- Pay attention to bathrooms: A well-kept bathroom with clean white towels pays towards striking the right first impression on the potential buyers. Make sure you clean up the space thoroughly before clicking any pictures.
- Lights must be on: Make sure there is proper lighting so that pictures do not look gloomy or unclear. Also try to schedule the photo shoot during day time to make the best use of natural light and add the feeling of spaciousness to your home.
- Outdoors are important: Outdoors are equally important to be staged well as the interiors. The garden must be well pruned and the driveway, sidewalks as well as patio should be thoroughly cleaned. Remove any burnt out light fixtures, change the patio furnishings and place flowering plants to give an inviting feel to the home.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help to stage your home in Killeen, TX. For more information, call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
As a new landlord, it can take time to understand the minutest details of the rental business. You need to make sure that your rental home is completely safe before any tenant starts residing in there. When you present your property for renting, do it in the best possible manner so as to attract the attention of prospective tenants. Address any issues swiftly in order to retain them for a longer period of time. This is where the services of a professional property management firm can prove to be useful.
A property management firm can handle every aspect of home renting, right from marketing the property effectively to screening the tenants, deciding rental prices according to the latest market trends, collecting rent etc.
Listed below are some property management tips for new landlords:
- Settle on a realistic rent: You should always be realistic while setting a rent for your property. If your property lies vacant due to high rental prices, you will have to suffer losses. Pricing your property appropriately is crucial in getting quality tenants and maintaining the rental flow.
- Use the Internet: A modern-day tenant looks for possible rental properties online before actually visiting one. Therefore, you need to add the photographs and features of your property on various property listing portals. You can also post on rental community blogs or upload videos on the social media to advertize your property.
- Prepare your property well: In order to get a good tenant, you need to prepare your property well in advance. Vacuum the carpets, clean the doors and windows, get a fresh coat of paint and beautify the landscape before inviting a potential renter to view your home. Tenants always prefer a property that is clean and well-maintained. So, make extra effort to present your property in the most eye-catching manner.
- Be accessible all the time: You should always be available to listen and act upon the problems of your tenants. There are numerous maintenance issues that your renters can face and it is imperative to resolve them as early as possible. If you cannot be available all the time, employ a person in-charge who can be accessible to the residents whenever they need.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can assist in renting your home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call at (254) 699 – 7003.
Finding a rental home requires a good amount of research and perseverance. When you are out hunting for a rental home in Killeen, TX you are likely to be spoilt for choices. There are various options available and if you keep the following tips in mind, you can make a well-informed decision.
- Set a budget: Set an upper limit in your mind and make sure you stick to it during your search for the rental home. Over shooting your budget may not be a good idea in the long run. Look around for properties that are within your limit and shortlist accordingly.
- Know your requirements: Be aware of the specifications that you will require in the rental home based on your family size, personal preference etc. It will help you to determine the number of bedrooms you will need and other requirements in terms of parking area, balcony, amenities etc. This is a good way to filter properties and narrow down the ones that completely fit the bill.
- Research enough: Make sure you conduct a thorough research before you settle in for a home to rent. Contact a local real estate agent or browse through the online MLS listings to view the available rental properties in Killeen.
- Additional costs: In addition to the monthly rental payout, ask your landlord if there are any other costs that you need to bear during the tenancy period. You should also set aside enough funds for taxes, paperwork fees, registration overheads etc. Know these costs and then decide if the property you have selected will suit your pocket.
- Inspect carefully: Never hesitate to ask for an inspection of the property. Point out all issues that you may notice during the inspection. If you are renting a furnished home, it is best to take proper instructions of what you can use and who is responsible for the maintenance of the electrical appliances.
- Hire an expert: A professional real estate agent can help you in finding a suitable home for rent. He will also take care of the entire documentation and legal work, hence ensuring a hassle free renting experience for you.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. can help you find an affordable rental home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.