When you list your home for rent, there are some tips which can help you get more inquiries and quality tenants. These ideas are not difficult to implement and do not require a major investment of time as well as money. Creating effective first impression is the key to fetch a higher rent, hence you must follow the listed dos and don’ts when staging your rental home:
- Clean up- The first step is to thoroughly clean your home before the showings. Make sure the kitchen and bathrooms are scrubbed properly. Not just the interiors, even the garage and garden need to be maintained well so that the tenants feel welcomed.
- Focus on the entrance- The entrance of your home should seem inviting to the potential tenants. Wash the driveway as repair or replace any cracks. Mow the lawn and trim the overgrown shrubs on the roof. Consider placing potted plants or blossoming flowers near the front door. You should also replace the mailbox and doorknob if they seem to be worn out.
- Highlight well- Make the positive aspects of your home shine out during showings. For example, if there is space under the staircase, turn it into a comfortable reading lounge so the tenants are attracted by the utilization of the vacant space.
- De clutter- Remove all the bulky furniture, artifacts and unnecessary items to create space for the tenants to easily move around. If the home looks cluttered, the tenants are more likely to be drawn away.
- De-personalize- Remove your personal pictures and souvenirs from the walls so the tenants can have a better view of the property. If the walls have posters or there are big statues, it is best to remove them to give the home a cleaner look.
- Do major renovations: It is fine to get the leaky taps fixed or repainting the walls but if you go about making major renovations, it is possible that they may not be liked by the potential tenants. Also, these improvements may not lead to a significant increase in the rent of your home.
- Take anything personally: If you have had a couple of showings and tenants give you some feedback about your home, take it in a positive spirit and try to fix the issues.
- Be shy to take help: There are professional property managers who can help to stage your rental property for tenants. You must seek their assistance as they can handle the process in a professional manner.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. can help you rent your home in Killeen, Texas. For more information about our services, call at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
Preparing your home for sale is one of the key steps in ensuring that you sign a faster and profitable deal in this competitive market. Buyers are always on the lookout for homes that are visually appealing and therefore you need to make considerable effort to ensure that your home looks welcoming. Pay attention to the interior as well as exterior so that your home looks well-kept. Below are some tips that can help you in preparing your home for sale in Killeen, TX:
- Remove all your personal items: Keeping artifacts, personal mementoes or family photographs can distract the buyers and dissuade them from buying the property. A customer always wants to picture himself living in the house and therefore it is important to de-personalize it.
- De-clutter the house: Clean all the kitchen counters and discard any unused items in the shelves or cupboards. Stack away all the books from the bookshelves and pack any other material such as shoes and old magazines etc. to be kept obscured from the potential buyers. Your house must look spick and span to leave a good first impression on the buyer.
- Add a fresh coat of paint: Adding a fresh coat of paint to the interior and exterior walls can give a fresh look to your home. It is best not to use bold color tones as not everyone likes them. Instead, opt for neutral shades such as whites and pastels to make your house look spacious.
- Have ample natural light: All the windows and curtains should be opened to allow maximum natural light inside your home. If a buyer visits during night, make sure you turn on all the lights to give a roomy look to the home.
- Replace old fixtures: Look into your bathroom and kitchen to replace any old fixtures. Small repairs can go a long way in uplifting the interiors of your home. For instance, you can have new faucets and hinges in your kitchen. You can even replace the bathroom cabinets and bathtub to make it look refurbished.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help to sell your home in Killeen. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
Being a successful landlord not just involves finding good tenants and ensuring long-term occupancy, but also calls for getting maximum returns out of the rental property. Following some simple steps to increase the demand of the property can help you attract a larger pool of potential tenants and fetch a higher rent. Here are some tips which will ensure an increase in the cash flow for your rental home in Killeen:
- Check the rent: Look for the homes available for rent in your area and compare the rent quoted by their owners. It is important to be realistic while setting the rent to make sure that you find tenants quickly. Quoting a price too high or low than the current market price may drive away the potential tenants.
- Advertize correctly: When you list your property, make sure you highlight all the positive features that may interest the potential tenants. A good location, open floor plan, proximity to workplace, schools and shopping malls, designated parking space etc. are some amenities you must specify in the rental listing.
- Keep the property well-maintained: The most obvious way to make your home look worthy of the asking rent is to keep it in the best possible condition. Invest in its regular upkeep and functioning so your property looks attractive inside out.
- Be a good landlord: One way to retain good tenants is to be proactive in attending to their repair and maintenance needs in the home. You can even conduct regular home inspections to identify any problems that need to be repaired.
- Rent a furnished house: If your rental home is equipped with basic amenities like a refrigerator, beds, furniture and kitchen utilities, you can attract tenants as they do not have to shift all these items. These items can also allow you to charge a little bit extra as the rent component.
There are well experienced real estate agents in Killeen that can assist you in devising strategies to increase your rental income. They are well versed with the current property trends and also suggest you ways to maintain your rental home to attract good tenants.
Contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. if you are looking to rent your home in Killeen, TX. For more information about the services offered, you can call at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.