Renting out your home in Killeen, TX is only a part of a successful real estate business. You need to keep the property well-maintained to ensure a consistent flow of income and make your renting experience hassle-free as well as profitable. Knowing how to effectively advertize your rental property and avoid tenant turnover is the key to be a successful landlord. Apart from these, you should also follow certain tips to successfully management your rental home in Killeen. Some of these have been discussed below:
Keep Up With Property Maintenance
As a landlord, your responsibility does not end simply by renting your home. You need to make sure that the tenants are not facing any sort of problems and are able to live comfortably throughout the duration of the lease. For this, you should regularly inspect the rental home to identify anything that needs to be repaired. Also, if a tenant submits a maintenance request, you should be proactive in attending to the same.
Be Cautious While Screening Tenants
Finding the right people to rent your home is also a crucial aspect of managing your property. Make sure the tenants you select are responsible and trustworthy. Conduct a thorough background check, income and credit rating verification on each applicant. Get in touch with the tenant’s employer and previous landlord to know about his general conduct as well as any history of eviction. Make sure you follow the fair housing laws while screening tenants and do not discriminate them on the basis of race, sex, ethnicity, disability etc.
Get Landlord Insurance
Getting landlord insurance is important to protect your investment property from unforeseen damages. It covers the repair costs in case your rental home’s structure is damaged due to fire, water pipe burst, hailstorm, vandalism, riots etc. Discuss your requirements with the insurance agent to select the right type of policy for your rental home in Killeen.
Outsource Property Management
If you live outside Killeen or have other full time accountabilities, it is best to hire a property manager. He will perform all tasks on your behalf, such as marketing the rental property, screening tenants, performing repair work, collecting rents etc. The property manager will also keep you updated about all the financial transactions related to your rental home.
For complete property management services for your rental home in Killeen, TX, get in touch with Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. We can be contacted at (254) 699 – 7003.
If you are planning to sell your home in Killeen, TX, you may face a lot of challenges. It is important that you make your property stand out in the real estate market. It will not only help to attract potential buyers but also augment the value of your property. However, you should also be careful about certain aspects that are crucial for a quick sale of the house.
Listed below is a step by step guide to sell your home in Killeen:
- Prepare your home for sale: Your home should be well maintained and clutter free to make a good first impression on the potential buyers. Repainting the house can also enhance its visual appearance. The lawn should be mowed and fresh flowers should be planted to improve the curb appeal. Pressure wash the driveway and sidewalks to remove any stains.
- Fix the price: After preparing the house for sale, it is essential to decide an appropriate selling price in line with the current market conditions. Make sure the price is not too high as this can reduce the probability of selling your property. On the other hand, setting a lower price can lead to financial losses. So, research the market carefully and fix an apt resale value.
- Advertize the property: In order to reach out to maximum buyers, it is important to advertize your property effectively. Post high quality pictures and detailed descriptions of your home in online MLS listings. This can boost the chances of selling the property faster. Your real estate agent can help you advertize the property in an efficient way.
- Prepare the legal agreement: Another important step is to prepare the legal agreement. Make sure you include all the important clauses regarding the actual sale price, initial deposit and any repair work to be done before closing the deal. If you have queries regarding any point in the agreement, you should clear it out with the real estate agent.
- Be flexible in showings: The more accessible you make your property, higher will be the chances of selling it faster. You should be flexible in scheduling visits by the potential buyers so that your home gets maximum exposure. If possible, leave the home at the time of showings and let the buyers inspect everything freely.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. offers complete guidance in selling your home in Killeen. For more information, you can call at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
Adopting a pet comes with a major set of responsibilities, particularly if you are living in a rental home. Since pets can be a source of unwanted mess and trouble, you need to ensure they do not cause any harm to the property or your neighbors. Below are some do’s and don’ts that should be followed by tenants living in a pet-friendly rental home in Killeen, TX.
- Adopt the correct pet: If you are still looking to adopt a pet, it is best to pay some attention to this aspect before making the final decision. For instance, do not get a dog that is large in size or aggressive in nature. Your landlord may also not approve of such a pet in his home. Therefore, buy a pet according to the guidelines laid down by your landlord.
- Get a renter’s insurance: Getting a renter’s insurance policy helps in protecting you from any sort of damage or injuries caused by your pet. Include pet liability coverage in your insurance policy to validate that you are willingly taking up the responsibility for your pet’s behavior. This, way, your landlord will know that you are a responsible tenant who will keep the rental home properly maintained.
- Make your home safe for the pet: Make sure the rental home is completely safe and comfortable for your pet. For example, there should be no visible wires or toxic plants that can harm the pet. The material of the floor is another consideration to be kept in mind as certain types of flooring may not be comfortable for the pet.
- Hide anything from your landlord: Never keep a pet in your rental home if your lease agreement does not allow you to do so. Also, do not bring in prohibited pets inside the home as this is a breach of your rental contract. If you hide anything from your landlord, he has the authority to keep your security deposit or even evict you.
- Choose a rental home not perfect for your pet: When looking for a pet-friendly rental home in Killeen, you need to find the one that suits your pet the best. Use various search tools and visit different neighborhoods to decide on your preferences.
- Fail to clean up after your pet: Do not let your dog be a nuisance for your landlord or neighbors in any way. Make sure you clean up every time after your pet to maintain sanitation in as well as around the home.
Contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. if you are looking for a pet friendly rental home in Killeen, TX. For details about the rental services provided, you can call at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.