If you are looking to rent or buy a home in Ft. Hood, you need to consider many aspects such as your budget, style of living and space requirements. You have an option to choose between living in an apartment or a duplex. A duplex is simply a home divided into two apartments, each having a separate entrance. Living in a duplex is a better and convenient option because of the following reasons:
- Outdoor space: A duplex has a common outdoor space at the back as well as the front side, which may be equally partitioned between you and the other tenant. This space can be used to spend leisure time or host outdoor parties. You also have an option to maintain this space as your personal vegetable garden.
- Affordability: Renting a duplex is cheaper as you can share the rent with other tenant living in the property. Also, you will have to pay only for electricity and gas consumed in your portion of duplex. You also don't have to pay any monthly maintenance charges that need to be paid in case you reside in an apartment.
- Additional income option: In case you are buying a duplex, you have an option to let out one portion of your house while residing in the other one. This is possible because a duplex can be partitioned into two apartments with different entrances. In this way, you will be able to earn some money in the form of rent while residing in the same house. In case you have taken a loan for purchasing the duplex, you can easily pay off the installments with the rent received.
- Less sharing: When residing in a duplex, you have to share less as compared to living in an apartment where you have to share all the amenities like kitchen, garage, garden and barbeque pits. In case of a duplex, you can have your own driveway, garage and many other basic amenities.
- Personalization: In a duplex, you can personalize your portion as per your requirements and living style. A duplex is more spacious than an apartment where little can be altered or modified as per your preferences. Since a duplex also offers more privacy, it is considered as one of the best housing options in Ft. Hood.
If you are looking for a housing option in Ft. Hood, TX, contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. We can be reached at (254) 699 – 7003.
As a landlord, you should understand that tenants look for various features while viewing your property in Fort Hood, TX. A rental home with all the necessary amenities will definitely stand out from the crowd. It will not only help you find quality occupants but also augment the value of your rental home.
Listed below are a few features that tenants look for in a rental home:
- Good location and neighborhood: A home with an easy access to transportation, schools, parks, shopping malls etc. is in great demand. Having a property in good location can help to reduce vacancy cycles and increase your ROI manifold.
- Outdoor space: Having a backyard, balcony or a patio in your rental home can help your quote a premium rent. It will also attract more potential tenants towards your property. A home with a garage or dedicated parking space is also preferred by most tenants.
- Low crime rate: Tenants prefer to stay in a location that is safe and crime free. Your rental property should have all the security arrangements such as proper outdoor lighting, smoke detectors, fire alarms, emergency exits etc. to ensure safety of the residents.
- Well maintained rental home: If your property is well-maintained and equipped with the basic electronic appliances, it is likely to be occupied quickly. You can even renovate your home to improve its visual appeal.
- Appropriate rent: You should thoroughly research the real estate market to set an appropriate rent. Make sure the price is neither too high nor too low as it can affect the rentability of your property.
- Pet friendly: Most of the tenants have pets these days. So, having a pet friendly property can be beneficial as it can help to find occupants quickly. For this, you may consider adding features like scratch-resistant flooring, easy to clean upholstery, higher fences in yard etc.
- Other amenities: You can improve the chances of renting your property by providing a wide range of amenities for the convenience of the tenants. Modular kitchen, electrical fixtures, fireplace, extensive storage space etc. are some of the features that can improve the value of your rental home.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., provide a wide range of rental homes in Ft Hood. For more information about the services offered, feel free to call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
As a landlord, you need to promote your property effectively in order to attract maximum tenants. You have to utilize the most effective advertizing channels and determine the correct rent for your property. One of the most useful marketing tools for landlords is virtual tour. Since videos easily catch attention and generally have a higher retention rate, they can help to speed up the renting process.
In order to make a good virtual tour video, you need to use a professional camera and shoot the video in sufficient natural light. Highlight the important areas of your home along with the amenities that you intend to provide. You can also give the potential tenants a fair idea about the locality and surroundings by taking a few shots of the street and nearby houses.
Discussed below are some of the benefits of virtual tour for landlords:
- Offers a wide exposure: A video tour offers a good amount of exposure for your rental property and can help to grab the attention of prospective tenants. When you post a virtual tour of your property in the online listings, users are able to view the home more closely and decide if they want to schedule a visit. Interested tenants can take a prompt action after watching the details of a property in the virtual tour.
- Highlights the positive features: Making a video of your property can help you in presenting your property in a positive manner. However, you need to ensure that you show only those amenities or features which you are actually offering to the tenants. You can highlight the furnished bedroom, a well landscaped garden, contemporary kitchen etc. Video tour will also give tenants an idea about the floor plan and approximate size of each room.
- Saving your precious time: Virtual tours help in sifting out uninterested tenants and bringing in only those who genuinely want to rent your property. This can save your time by avoiding unnecessary showings. Since a lot of information can be provided through virtual tours, the tenants who visit your property may actually be knowing what to expect inside the property when they come for actual showing or open house.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you create a virtual tour to rent out your home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.