The spring season is one of the best times to rent out your home as a large number of people are looking for well-maintained properties during this time. Therefore, it is crucial for landlords to prepare their rental home well in advance for the season. You can even get in touch with a reputed property management company to organize your home for attracting probable tenants.
Below is a list of some tips that can help you present your home in the best possible manner during the season:
- Increase the curb appeal: An enhanced curb appeal of your property will fetch you more potential tenants. Therefore, pay attention to the landscape and make an effort to beautify the exteriors. You can get a fresh coat of paint on the exterior walls and clean your garden thoroughly. Remove all the weeds and have beautiful potted plants along the driveway.
- De-clutter: Cleanliness is the first thing that a potential tenant will look for. Whenever you have a property showing, make sure you clear your home of any unnecessary items such as unused furniture, stacks of books, personal photos etc. The potential tenant should get an idea about the functional space in your property and you need to de-clutter for this purpose.
- Evaluate your furnishings and appliances: If you are providing a fully-furnished home to your tenants, ensure everything is prim and proper. Also, all the appliances should be clean from inside as well as outside. Provide appliances only if they function well so that you don’t have to spend on frequent repairs and maintenance.
- Conduct roof inspection: During the spring season, the weather is clear and you can easily inspect the roof, check the flaws and get them repaired. Look out for any cracked areas that are in need of replacement or maintenance. Addressing any repair issues immediately will make your property safe for the future tenants and also save you from any kind of legal hassle.
- Eliminate bad odors: During the winter season, your home might accumulate all kinds of bad odors. It can emanate from your carpets due to dampness during the winter season. During the spring season, you should open all the windows to let in fresh air and get your home professionally cleaned. Use room fresheners and call a carpet cleaner to make your carpet look fresh and hygienic again.
- Do not forget minor repairs: Even when you are done with major repairs, it is important to pay attention towards minor restoration work. For instance, there might be an improperly functioning door knob or a leaky faucet etc. Small things can have a big negative impact on your probable tenants. So, you need to be careful about this aspect as well.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you to rent out your home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.