Filling out a rental application is the first step towards starting your journey in a new rental home. A rental application provides information that helps the homeowner in determining if you are fit to be considered as a tenant.
Here is a quick guide on important points to be included in a rental application to make you stand out from other tenants:
- Basic Information: Your rental application should consist of basic information about you such as your full name, phone number, current address, email address, etc.
- Employment Information: Some property owners may require proof of employment to verify that the applicant is financially secure and will be able to pay rent. For this you may have to show recent pay stubs, an offer letter, a W-2 form, mention the monthly wage amount, and more.
- Rental History: This is an important constituent of rental applications as it enables property owners to know their prospective tenants. Letters of reference from previous property owners, an esteemed colleague, a previous property manager, a credible professor, etc. may also be very helpful to prove your credibility as a tenant.
- A Personal Touch: To make your rental application stand out from the rest, add a personal touch to it by writing a cover letter. The cover letter should mention reasons for which you feel you should be considered as a suitable tenant. Not only will the home owner get to know you better, but also you get to provide additional details that have not been covered in the application. However, remember to keep the cover letter short and professional.
- Renters Insurance: Letting the property owner know that you are interested in purchasing renters insurance in the application letter is beneficial in many ways. First, it will protect your possessions from home-related emergencies and accidents. Secondly it shows the home owner that you are interested in taking care of the property.
- Credit And Background Check: Even though these are not compulsory, some homeowners may ask you to provide information about your past credit history and any loans that you have accumulated for gauging how financially responsible you are. The application may also contain a section about criminal history as a background check.
Create a template that you can use each time you want to apply for a rental house. It will save you a lot of time and help you in replying to potential ads quickly.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. provides numerous services to their clients in Killeen, TX. For further queries about rental properties, visit 1020 W Jasper Dr. Killeen, TX-76542. You can also call at (254) 699-7003.