Tenant screening is a major part of the leasing process as it helps fetch quality and reliable tenants. The process is usually undertaken by a professional and consists of credit checks, previous history checks, criminal record checks and more. Tenant screening helps in filtering out trustworthy tenants from the lot applying for a lease; this has major implications on the rental revenue and property upkeep in the long run.
Listed below are some reasons in support of tenant screening:
- Timely Payments: A responsible tenant takes rent payment seriously and ensures it is paid on time every month. A tenant who has a constant income and a previous reputation of paying rent on time will do the same wherever he goes.
- Longer Tenancy: Screening a tenant increases the chances of ending up with a tenant who will stay for a longer period of time. A tenant who has cleared the test of reliability in terms of a positive employment record, regular income, a good credit score, etc. is more likely to stay for a longer duration.
- Preserves Property Condition: Quality tenants are likely to take care of the rental property as if it were their own with due diligence. Such individuals add value to the rental and assure minimal depreciation of the property and its surroundings.
- Keeps The Local Community Safe: Screening tenants is not only beneficial for property owners but for the local community too. The entry of responsible and reliable individuals into the local community ensures fewer crimes, more safety and responsible citizens who add value to the lives of those around them.
- Peace Of Mind: An insight into issues like a potential tenant’s criminal history, employment history, current status, previous tenancies and more increases the chances of making the right decision. After a thorough screening process is conducted, you can enjoy peace of mind with the assurance that you have made the right choice based on the screening process.
- Better Reputation: A property owner with good tenants enjoys a high reputation among the community. Taking time to screen tenants improves the quality of neighborhood and increases turnover as more quality tenants are likely to prefer your property for its reputation.
- Better Understanding: The process of screening a potential tenant gives the property owner a better understanding of the person. Getting to know the critical details that are discovered at the time of screening helps in avoiding confusion and unexpected events in future. Screening gives you an overall accurate picture of a tenant’s personality and trustworthiness.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc.
offers property management services including tenant screening, property marketing, rent collection, etc. For more details on importance of tenant screening, visit 1020 West Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX – 76542, or call at (254) 699 – 7003.