Renting out your home in Fort Hood can prove to be an additional source of income. It can help you pay the mortgage expenses as well as cover up other expenditures too. However, you need to take care of certain things before you decide on to get the rental income from your housing property. Read on to know…
- Renting a house can be a challenging task. Though renting your property in Fort Hood can prove to be financially beneficial, you need to make an extra effort to see that everything runs smoothly without any hiccups. You will have to take care of every aspect of the maintenance of your home and also see that you collect the rent on time. This is where Property Management Company can be quite beneficial.
- Before you rent out your home, make sure that it is in a perfect condition. It is always good to exceed the expectations of tenants as they will properly review your home before they agree to have it on rent. Therefore, check that your home is perfectly cleaned and all the appliances are working properly.
- If you are thinking of renting out a particular area or room in your home, make sure it is secured from the rest of the house. The elements of the home should not interfere with this area otherwise the tenants will get irritated and might leave the home.
- You can list you rental ad online and highlight the special features to attract potential tenants. But use only those terms that are applicable to your home and do not try to fool the tenants. Even newspapers and local places can also be used to put up your rental ad.
- There are particular times during the year when renters plan to shift homes. This period generally extends from March to August. So, make sure that you place your rental ad keeping this factor in mind.
- Get in touch with real estate agent, property management company or real estate attorneys to make sure that you are not violating any of the local tax laws and rules regarding the property. This will help in avoiding any legal hassles later on. The owner-tenant laws will be much clearer to you once an attorney explains them to you in an easy language.
- Setting up a competitive price for your rental home can attract more tenants. The price should neither be too high nor too low.
- Screen the tenants carefully and also check their financial status to see if they can pay their rent on time. Get in touch with a realtor or a property management firm to guide you in the whole process.
The decision of whether or not to hire a property management company for your rentals can be a difficult one to make. While it might seem as an unnecessary expense at first sight, the truth is that it is a great decision, and one that definitely pays off in the end. If you have a rental property in Killeen, you can get some great property managers to handle all issues related to your property. The major benefits of using a property management company for Killeen rentals are highlighted below-
- Saves on your time- The best thing about hiring a property manager is that you have all your time back, and can utilize it for whatever purpose you wish. If, on the other hand, you were to take care of all property-related issues on your own, this would mean having to be available round the clock, leaving you with no time for any other resourceful job.
- Timely rent payments- Another major benefit of hiring a property management company is that you do not have to worry about delayed rent payments. If a tenant defaults on their rent payments, the property manager shall be responsible for following up with them and ensuring that lease policies are enforced if they do not make the payments.
- Choosing tenants- As the owner of rental property, the single most important decision you shall have to make is that of choosing the tenants. A property management company can help you out with this, by conducting a background check on prospective tenants, and ensuring that whoever is let into your property is reliable and has a positive track record.
- Extended-stay tenants- Decreasing tenant turnover is a major role played by property managers. With managing your property being their full-time job, they are able to devote the necessary time to the task, ensuring that your tenants remain happy with the property, and renew their lease after the lease period is completed.
- Round the clock availability- By hiring a property manager, you save yourself from the hassle of being available at all times to receive and handle complaints by tenants. This is especially useful in case of unforeseen circumstances like the property being broken into, or any sort of damage taking place on the property.
If you wish to enjoy all the perks of being a property owner, without having to worry about the aspect of property management, a property management company is your best bet. For more information, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or (254) 290-4153.
Renting out your property can prove to be a great way of adding to your finances. However, you need to keep certain things in mind before you rent out your property to someone. You must be aware about the laws laid down by the government regarding the protection of landlords and property owners. If you have a home in Killeen Tx, then you must surely read on to know what all things you need to take care of:
- Checking the trustworthiness of the prospective tenant is a must. Make sure you verify this by using the requisite methods.
- Checking the credit score of a tenant will help you in determining whether a person will be able to pay the rent on time or not.
- Getting in touch with the previous employer as well as landlord will give you a lot of vital information about the prospective tenant and his general behavior.
- Police verification of the tenant is a must to save yourself any legal trouble later on. Any criminal records will come to light when you get the police verification done.
- The terms and conditions of renting out your property must be clearly mentioned in a well-defined agreement. Get this agreement signed by the tenant before you rent him the house. Also, mention what all items you are going to rent along with the rent amount etc. Also, if you have any specific tenancy period in mind, make sure you clearly mention it to the tenant in written.
- Do not ever give your house on rent to a person who refuses to undergo police verification as it can prove to be dangerous later on.
- Keeping your property in a bad condition can make prospective tenants shy away from moving into your home.
- Do not visit your tenants unannounced as this might irritate them unnecessarily. Keep a regular check but make sure you do not disturb their routine.
- All the written formalities must be followed before you rent out your house. If the renter that you have finalized refuses to sign on even one of the papers, do not rent him your house.
- Do not rent out your property to a person who does not have a secure job or will be unable to pay the rent on time.
- Don’t forget to get your house insured so that it remains protected in case of an unfortunate incident.
For best deals on rentals in Killeen Tx, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699- 7003 or (254) 290-4153.
It is definitely a tedious task if you are looking to buy a new property. Since you are going to invest a huge amount of your hard-earned money, make sure you choose the best property. Read on to know some of the wonderful tips that will assist you in selecting the most excellent property for buying.
- Before starting the process of buying a property, make all your requirements clear in your head. Make a proper list of what all you need to make sure your real estate agent knows exactly what you are looking for. The things that you could include in the list are: location, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, price, whether you want a garden or not etc.
- Do a thorough research on the area where you are looking to buy a property. Visit the place during the day as well as night to get a proper feel of the environment there. The most important thing is to check out the amenities and how easily they are available in a certain area.
- Do not waste your time in looking for properties that are not suitable for you. Instead, chalk out a list where you mention the area you desire to live in, your budget, number of children or dependents and the type of property you are looking for. Hand over this list to the real estate agent so that he gets you only the best property suited to your needs.
- Whenever you find a suitable property, you must go and visit it for yourself as soon as possible. If you delay it for too long, someone else might go ahead and buy it.
- Check whether more and more developers are building in the area where you are looking to buy property for yourself. If more homes are being built, then it’s a good sign that the area is becoming popular and it will be a good idea to invest there.
- Get in touch with the police of the area where you are thinking of investing in a property in order to know about the crime rate and occurrence of other such incidents. Also, go through the local newspaper to know the actual crime scene of a certain area.
Keeping the above important points in mind can go a long way in helping you choose the optimum property for yourself which is financially viable, well-located, comfortable and safe as well.
Investing in residential property is being viewed as a lucrative business by most willing entrepreneurs, mainly for the fact that it offers a regular source of income with minimum time investment. However, the effective management of residential property requires a lot of skill and acumen, which is why most investors decide to hire a property manager for the purpose. Whether you wish to learn more about how to manage your residential property, or are willing to hire a property manager, the guidelines below will give you an idea of what exactly falls under residential property management-
- Deciding expectations- When it comes to residential property, it is important to know where to draw the line. You need to be sure about the rent that you shall be charging from your tenants, and how often and how much each hike will be. This is also valid for making new investments, as the pace of these investments needs to be strategically decided.
- Understanding regulations- As an owner of residential property, there are several rules and regulations specific to the state you own the property in, that you shall need to be well-versed with. If something goes wrong, you cannot come up with the excuse of not having known the law. This is also important while drafting the lease, since a lease that does not comply to legal terms can pose problems in case of the litigation.
- Property inspection- A key component of investing in residential property is having a proper plan in place for property inspection. You can decide to call in a professional or undertake a detailed inspection on your own before investing in any property. This is important to prevent unexpected costs in the long run.
- Background checks- One of the most important decisions as an owner of residential property is that of choosing tenants. Instead of rushing to fill in a vacant spot, it is important to take the time to carry out a background check and run a credit check on prospective tenants to have a clear idea of what you are signing up for.
- Having the right contacts- Right from lawyers and bankers to tax professionals and fellow landlords, it is important to maintain contacts with these professionals as a property owner.
- Insurance- Having the right insurance coverage for your needs is an essential component of managing residential property. It is also a good idea to set aside an emergency fund in case of any unexpected expenses on your property that insurance might not cover.
For efficient and affordable residential property management services in Texas, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or (254) 290-4153.
A home is a place where one feels at ease. Hence the security of the house is very important. But, what if you are not at your home to protect it from unwanted visitors such as burglars? How many times have you put off a vacation, kept a trip short or avoided a professional outdoor event simply because you were concerned about safety of your house? Your property, however, can remain protected while you are away. It is possible for you to enjoy a holiday without having to worry about your home. Read further to know how to make it happen.
Take the obvious precautions. Make sure your house is not completely dark while you are away. Let low-energy lamps remain on inside the doorways and the stairways of the house to give the impression that somebody is at home. You may put the lights on timer so that they can go off during day. Draw the curtains of the windows and lock all the doors of the house before you leave. Request a neighbor to collect your mails, parcels and newspapers. A laying pile of deliveries in front of the door is an obvious invite to thieves.
If you have asked for a pet sitter to take care of your pet in your absence then you must confine them only to a certain area like the garage or the pet shelter in the porch or the backyard. You may also have assigned the gardener to take care of the plants while you area away but make sure that the keys he is carrying is not misused, use separate locking system (like the ones that requires code confirmation) for the house than the one used for the gate or the garage. If you have gone for a longer while then you must hire a property manager from a legitimate property management firm to take care of the house.
You may want to rent out your house or a part of it if you are on a long holiday. A property manager will take care of everything while you are away. From leasing it out to keeping it in the groomed condition, a property management firm can arrange it all. If you have another house and you find it difficult to keep a check on how tenants are treating the house, your worries can be taken care of by a property management firm. They will make sure that all structural damages and amenities for which the tenant is responsible are taken care of.
Rental property agencies have standard moving out protocols. These procedures are followed for the convenience of the tenant and the owner. This is necessary in order to account for any possible damages to the rented property. To make sure that all protocols are met by the tenant, an inspection is performed by the agency representatives. Following is an overview of the procedures that the rental agencies ask the tenants to follow while moving out.
Before moving out you must fill in the form of moving out to inform the agency about the same who then inform the owner. Different rental agencies have different time-periods for filling the form, but most of them would ask you to submit it minimum 30 days before moving out. This will allow them to prepare documentation related to lease and moving out. It allows them to prevent loss of a month`s rental and find a new tenant.
You will be asked to meet all the cleaning requirements. The house should be free of litter. The refrigerator should be cleared, switched-off and left open. The dishwasher should be absolutely clean. Water must be run freely to remove any stains or residues. Likewise, sinks must be scrubbed and ashes from the fireplace should be cleared. The bathrooms and toilets should be free of any products or containers. The windows should be clean and mirrors must be wiped. Any item found left in the house after moving out is disposed as waste by the agency and they cannot be held accountable for that. If there has been any sort of damage or there is a pending repair work, make sure to get it done before the inspection to save money and time. The outdoor area must be tended to. The grass should be trimmed. Pool should be emptied or filled with clean water (as per cleaning guidelines). The inspector is going to be very thorough with the checking procedure, so try to leave the house spick-and-span. The inspection is done on the decided day and if missed or if the tenant is not ready then the tenant is charged for the next appointment of inspection.
All utilities should be in the working condition. Gas, water and electricity, cable, etc must be supplied well. Regardless of whether you are using these or not, remember to pay for these utilities for the month. The process of re-connecting to these utilities is often tedious. If the property owner has to re-apply for these connections, then he will charge it from your balance. Lastly, make sure to surrender keys of the property to the owner or the rental agency (as asked). You should also let them know about your current address to send you cheque of the balance.
For more information on move out procedures, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or (254) 290-4153.
Effective property management services are required if a landlord wants to benefit from a real estate property. One needs to have thorough information of utility consumption, building maintenance, undertaking evictions and marketing, in order to gain profits from a certain property. A proficient property manager can add a lot of value to any investment. This is the reason why a good property management company is a must to deal with real estate properties.
Property management companies directly deal with the prospective customers and tenants, thereby saving your precious time. Moreover, hiring such a company will also give you peace of mind because you know you have experienced people looking after your property. Read on to know the various benefits of using a property management company.
- Property management companies will help you find good tenants. They look out for the best tenants who pay the rent when it is due and stick for a longer period of time.
- Secondly, every state and local government has its own rules and regulations regarding the legal formalities associated with the registration of properties. Therefore, it becomes all the more imperative to hire a good property manager who will make sure that all the legalities are easily sorted out. They have the requisite data that contains the details about the latest landlord-tenant laws that can prove to be very helpful.
- An experienced property manager will effectively market your property. These management companies have a lot of experience in creating ads and can also help in bringing down the advertising costs both online as well as offline.
- The rent should always be given on time to the landlord in order to maintain a regular inflow of cash. By hiring a property manager, you don’t have to directly deal with the tenant. He will ensure that you get the rent on time without any delays or excuses.
- A property management company also comes in handy when you need to get a clear picture of the deductions you can claim. The company can also help to organize the required documents needed to make those claims.
- A good management firm will free you from the responsibility of house maintenance and repair. They help to get huge discounts on such work and also have a good communication rapport with the contractors. Therefore, these firms can effectively supervise all the work.
- Last but not the least, property management firms can provide valuable feedback regarding the modifications required in the property. Timely maintenance helps in increasing the value of the investment.
We at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. provide you with exceptional, reliable and affordable property management services for your rental property in Killeen and Fort Hood areas of Central Texas. For more details, visit us at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or (254) 290-4153.
The entire procedure of selling your home is not easy. Sometimes, it takes a good amount of time and patience of the homeowner to get the best deal and to make sure that everything is done correctly. But, if you want to sell your property quickly for whatever reason, you must consider some specific factors. Given below are few suggestions that can help you with selling your home fast.
- Think like a buyer: If you want that your property should be quickly sold, then you must start to think like a buyer and then work accordingly. A buyer would initially check for the properties online and look for their features and prices. Therefore, you should also make a detailed study of all the properties that are equivalent to yours and are located in your neighborhood. You generally get detailed information of all the properties online on property management websites.
- Set an appropriate selling price: A buyer would be definitely interested to purchase your property if you have right fixed selling price for it. To tag your property with an accurate price, you firstly must take into account the market value of your property. Then you should also take the help of brokers to determine the exact value of your home. You can also compare your property price with other equivalent houses of your neighborhood. This will help you to fix the appropriate selling price.
- De-personalize your home: Potential buyers would be curious to buy your property, if they are able to imagine their stuff in the home. This would not be possible if they see any of your personal belongings and family photos on walls and desks. It is therefore important to depersonalize the home before you put it up for viewing.
- De-clutter your home and get it in shape: Remove any clutter from your home and make sure that the place appears nice and clean and also smells good. Your property will be sold faster if it appears neat and tidy. Clean the curtains, carpets and rugs. Put a fresh coat of paint on walls to make them look fresh and new. Place your furniture in an organized manner to make the room look spacious. Along with the interiors, curb appeal is also necessary in order to entice the potential buyers. Paint the trim and the doors and also spruce up the plants. Check around the house and make all necessary repairs.
- Take the help of a professional: It is always better to hire a professional real estate agent or a realtor, if you want to sell off your property quickly. He will assist you through the entire procedure of home selling and will get the best deal in quite a less time.
For more tips on selling or renting your house, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or (254) 290-4153.
The decision of renting a property may be difficult one for owners but all said and done it’s a profitable proposition. Owners not only make money with their property but also add to its value. Renting out a property is not an easy job to begin with. Before renting a house and being dubbed a landlord, there are a lot of factors one must consider. Some important tips for successfully renting out your house are given below:
- The local state rules and regulations should be reviewed carefully, since every state has its own set of laws for landlords and tenants. Some basics clauses to understand include the number of people you can rent to, who is responsible for taking care of the damages of the house, limitations on rental increase if any and so on.
- Before renting your house prepare a rental budget for getting maximum profit. The rental charges must cover up the recurring expenses of the property like the mortgage payment and property taxes as well as unusual expenses like furnace replacement, flood damage etc. Make an estimate of the expenses that will be spent on maintenance of the house. Compare these expenses with the estimated rentals and then fix the appropriate rent. Also compare the rental charge of other similar properties and make sure that the rent is equivalent to the market rate.
- Using the services of a property management company would be advantageous. They will help the landlords by providing emergency repair services, collecting rent and cleaning vacant units. Hiring a property management company will keep you from any worries regarding your rented property. The expenses of a property management company can be added to the rental budget.
- Advertise the property in the "Houses for Rent" sections of the local newspapers. This will help the homeowners to find people who are looking for a property on rent. An advertisement on the local online sales website would also be beneficial. This must include the house features and rental rate. Also reveal that from when the property will be available for rent. Along with that also give a deadline for the rental applications in order to get an appropriate tenant after reviewing the applications thoroughly.
- Once the tenant is selected prepare a rental contract, which has its basis on the state rental laws. The contract will include the tenants’ rights, the notice amount that they will have to pay the landlord when they want to leave the house and what are they required to do in case of any repairs of the property.
For more information, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.