With the onset of warmer months all homeowners need to prepare their houses for the season. Property management companies in Killeen often recommend homeowners to take care of their houses and protect them from the seasonal changes. This not only extends the life of the house but also increases its potential value. Winters are usually harsh and stormy, so the weather takes a toll on your house. So before the warmer months begin it is advisable to inspect your home and make sure that everything is intact and in a good shape. Here are some tips that can help you gear up your home for summers.
- Once winter is over you must inspect your home for any damages. Make sure that all the shingles of your roof are intact and any loose shingles should be tightened or replaced.
- The outer walls become dull and dirty so it pays to give a fresh coat of paint to your house. Painting the exterior walls definitely keeps your home look shining and new.
- Due to storms and rains in the winters the drains and gutters often get clogged with debris such as leaves and twigs. This can lead to corrosion and thus the drains and gutters should be cleaned. Blocked or loose gutters can cause leakage and seepage which can cause damage to the house.
- It is crucial to check any leakages as they may cause much damage to the walls. Also check your attics, water hoses, sink pipes and other water fittings for any leakages. Make sure that there is no damage due to frozen pipes and you must look out for any signs of corrosion. Hiring a property management firm in Killeen will ensure all tasks are done professionally and the life of your house in extended.
- Besides plumbing, you must also inspect your siding, caulking and window seals. Patch any cracks that may cause any damage and it is of utmost importance to check the grading from time to time.
- Before the summers become harsher you should get your HVAC system inspected and repaired. This system should be serviced at regular intervals and the filters be replaced if required. Make sure your home is properly ventilated and check the insulation so that no cold air is lost.
For more guidance, you can consult a Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc, who can help you maintain your house in the best form.
Selling your home can be a long drawn-out and a complicated affair as there are a lot of things which must be kept in mind before and while getting your home ready for sale. With the fluctuations in the real estate market and the general trend of supply being usually more than the demand at any given time, selling your home can take some expert handling, the kind that you can get from a real estate company. Even when you find a real estate company you can trust to make the best decisions on your behalf the fortunes of your property rest primarily on your own shoulders. Following a few simple tips can be decisive in this matter and enable you to successfully sell your property with minimum hassle. Here are some important tips for your consideration:-
Getting your pricing right can be the most decisive factor in selling your home. The pricing of your home should be set right from the beginning as any fluctuations in it due to a lack of interest can have damaging results for your prospects and spark a negative opinion about your house. Make sure that the price you set is close to the appraised value of your property and sometimes it even pays to list your house at a less than appraised value as this sparks interest, and may end up bringing you a lot more for your house in way of competing bids.
Renovation and Remodeling
This is a facet of selling a house that people often tend to overlook or overdo. You need to make sure that you spend exactly the right amount on renovating your house before making it available for sale. This makes sure that the house gets all the renovation that it needs to be pleasant to prospective buyers, but not too much so that it becomes a major turn-off. You should take into account your renovation costs when setting the price for your house. Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc helps you in selling your house with all the points taken care of.
Using the Internet
The internet has now become the prime location for people who are looking to buy property. People looking to make a purchase nowadays use online property listings to compare different properties available. Acquiring the services of an experiences realtor can be a great way to ensure that your house looks compelling in online listings and to arouse positive interest.
If you are a homeowner with a piece of property that you want to put out on rent, you are sure to be contacted by a large number of people for tenancy. To ensure that you do not run into problems later, you need to make sure of the following things about every single tenant before you make an approval -
- Does the tenant have the resources to pay rent on time?
- Is the tenant actually going to pay rent on time?
- Is the tenant likely to engage in aggressive or disrupting behavior which will cause inconvenience?
- Will the tenant cause damage to your property?
These are pertinent questions which need to be answered before you allow a prospective tenant to move into your property. To ascertain that these scenarios will not happen, there is a need for a tedious and comprehensive tenant screening process. You must put each and every tenancy applicant through the same rigorous process to establish their position and characteristics. This knowledge is of immense help and would go a long way to keep you safe from problems later. Here are a few reasons why tenant screening is very important -
- Successfully avoiding tenant problems - Tenant screening is your best defense against potential tenant problems in future. When you check the references provided by a tenancy applicant, you are getting valuable insight on their situation. Talking to previous landlords is a great way to find out if your prospective tenant has a tendency to delay or default on rent payments while renting out homes in Killeen TX. Any indication of disruptive behavior can only come from another person who has the adequate information to supply. This can be the crucial factor which will determine if you should allow the application.
- Making sure of payments - You would surely not want your tenant to have problems while paying rent. To ensure this, you need to check into the credit history of tenancy applicants. A careful look at their credit history tells you how financially viable they are, and if they have any past habits of delaying payments. You can also talk to employers to confirm the salary disclosed on the tenancy application. This information is invaluable while making a decision.
- Protection against discrimination charges - When you have a particular set process for tenant screening and treat each applicant to exactly the same stringent screening, you can ensure that you be fair to each applicant and therefore avoid the eventuality of being on the receiving end of a discrimination lawsuit.
Selling homes in Killeen TX is a decision that not only impacts the seller, but his or her family as well. Therefore, it is important to have up-to-date information at hand so that you can make the best possible decision in the interest of everyone. In this context, certain aspects such as when to sell the house, at what price to sell it, and what renovations should be done prior to selling the house, are important. Read on to know the common mistakes that you can easily avoid as you go about finding the perfect price for the sale of your house.
- The first thing to be borne in mind is that a property should never be overpriced. This can prove to be the difference between striking a deal and missing out on potential clients. An overpriced property will impact you in two ways. First of all, it will fetch you a return much lower than what the property actually deserves in the market. Secondly, overpriced properties can take a long time to sell, which in turn will defeat your very purpose of selling the property. Thus, it is advisable to price the property at competitive rates in accordance with the market trends. Later on, you can always up the ante through negotiation with your clients.
- Many people are lured into a trap when it comes to ascertaining the market value of their Killeen homes. Certain lenders could give you an inaccurate picture with respect to the price your property commands in the market. A probable way of avoiding this is to get in touch with us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc, as we can give you a clear picture regarding the trends in home rentals in Killeen. Accordingly, you can know where your property stands in the market.
- Cleanliness is another very important factor when it comes to house selling. Many sellers generally feel that since they are doing away with the house, there is no point carrying out enhancements or any maintenance repairs to the house. But this can prove to be costly in terms of the value that you ultimately get for your property. A well-maintained and clean house will attract the best buyers. Therefore, it is in your own interest to carry out the necessary renovation work wherever required.
- Buying a property is a decision that requires a lot of thought from the client’s side as well. Therefore, never rush your prospective clients into buying the property. Let them take their time in examining the property as closely as possible and answer their queries. Once both the parties are satisfied the final deal can be signed.
For more information, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Buying a home is one of the most important and impactful investments that you make during your lifetime. The process of buying a home can be extremely exciting, interesting and frustrating at the same time. There is also a chance that during the long and laborious process you might start to feel the strains of making big decisions, looking at a lot of different options and trying to assess them. There are a few key areas where you need to pay attention to make sure that you end up with the most beneficial deal and the safest and the most cost-effective property. Making sure of these factors will also ensure that your home buying experience remains a smooth and worry-free one.
The first thing you need to focus on when you are looking at a property as a potential purchase is the quality of construction. Faults in construction might not always be as conspicuous as you think. You might need to enlist the services of a professional home inspection company to be sure about the integrity of the construction. Obvious problems include time-related wear and damage, use of sub-par quality raw materials, water damage, damage from the invasion of tree roots and similar problems. While assessing construction pay added attention to the condition of the foundation and the roof. These are the two key areas of the house.
Well-planned, efficient plumbing is one of the basic requirements of modern life. Look for signs of faulty plumbing like leaks, dry water outlets, clogged drains and water supply pipes which are in poor condition. It is important to detect plumbing issues early as they tend to worsen over time, and repairs become more expensive.
An inspection of the electrical supply system is a must before you think about buying a particular home in Killeen TX. Its importance lies not only in the fact that you need a fully functional electrical supply system to ensure a comfortable life, but also that you need to eliminate the risk of injury and personal damage caused by electrocution to keep yourself and your family safe.
We at Lone star Realty & Property Management Inc can be of a great help when you are planning to buy a home for your family. We can direct you towards those properties that fulfill the exact criteria of requirements that you have, and can also arrange for independent home inspection so as to give you a clear picture about the condition of those properties. For more information, call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Being a landlord is not an easy job. One has to be constantly on the lookout for tenant satisfaction and handle their grievances, if any, promptly. Legal help is easily available today and the tenants are using it like never before to sue landlords for even the slightest of issues. So it is better to avoid all the legal hassle by working on building up your reputation as a landlord. Read on to know some of the common tenant complaints concerning Fort Hood rentals, and how the same can be addressed.
- An unclean apartment is one of the most common complaints that tenants have. Moving into a new house is never a smooth ride, and the last thing a tenant would want is to have to clean the place the first time he or she moves in with the family. As a landlord, you must make sure that everything starting from the doors to window panes to cupboards, and so on, is thoroughly cleaned. You could hire the services of a professional cleaner for the same. In case your tenant is too demanding, you might have to end up getting the house cleaned twice.
- It is true that freshly painted walls are a great way to attract the attention of a prospective tenant who is looking for a housing option in Ft Hood. But some tenants may overlook the colors of the rooms and get to see the actual hues once they have moved in to the place. Certain colors such as blue, green, pink, and the like, can be a problem with the tenants. As a landlord, it is best to get the house painted in neutral shades and colors so that this complaint does not crop up at all.
- Pests and rodents can be a huge menace in any house. Your tenant might complaint of these. To avoid such a situation, it is advisable to have the property cleaned thoroughly. If mere cleaning will not suffice; an exterminator has to be called to ensure that the property is rid of all such pests and becomes safe for the tenants to reside in.
- It is also important to have an easy-to-use lock and a key. If the keys don’t fit into the lock smoothly, it can be a hassle for the tenant every time he or she has to lock or unlock the door. As a landlord, you could go in for changing the lock in case the situation demands.
- Besides these, frequently shorting electric circuits and leaking drains/ pipes are to be checked. Appropriate rectifications should be done to the same to make sure tenants don’t complain about it.
These are some pointers which if borne in mind will help in ensuring a good relationship between a landlord and his or her tenants. They are easy to implement, and save a lot of hassle for both the parties involved.
Every state in the US has different home buying process. Whether you are buying a home first time or already have an experience of buying a home, the following steps will guide you through home buying process in general. By following this step-by-step guide, you will be able to buy any property without any stress.
- Choose a real estate agent: It is crucial to hire a licensed real estate agent who can help you find a house. It is advisable that you choose a realtor who has joined the National Association of Realtors (NAR). You can find a reliable real estate agent by searching online or asking a friend or a relative who recently bought a house to provide you any references. It is always good to shortlist 2-3 agents for interview and then finally choose one on the basis of the answers provided by the agents to your questions.
- Choose a mortgage lender: The next paramount step is to interview and select a mortgage lender. To avoid disappointment later, ensure that you have funds to close the deal. You can get a copy of your personal credit report, as it can give you an edge while interviewing a lender. To check whether you qualify for buying a home, you can discuss your report with the lender who will ask you certain questions regarding your income, debts, and assets. This step will determine what interest rate options and loans are available, how much closing cost money and down payment you will need, how much monthly payment you will need to pay. After interviewing a couple of lenders, choose one that best suits your needs.
- Choose a house: Considering your requirements such as how many bedrooms you need, whether you need a garage or a garden, location, price, etc., your real estate agent can help you find a suitable property. Once you find the house, the next step is purchasing the house. Your real estate agent will help you finalize the deal. Once you reach an agreement on the price, you will need to pay a deposit called Earnest Money or Escrow. Now you can inspect the property and for this, you can hire a professional inspector.
- Closing the deal: The deal is finally closed with the transfer of ownership of the property, titles, and funds. Here also your real estate agent will advise the method and parties involved.
- Move to your new house: With the completion of all formalities, now it is time to move to your new house.
For more tips on buying a home, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Before marking your duplex property as “to let”, you need to make sure whether it is ready to given on rent or not. Note down the following points which can help you prepare your duplex for rent:-
- Categorization- First and foremost, decide whether you want to categorize your duplex furnished or unfurnished. Be prepared to bear the damage of the furniture if you are planning to give a furnished duplex on rent. Being a landlord you may ask your tenants to pay if any damage is made to the furniture and other furnishings provided.
- Calculate the renovation cost- Before giving an apartment on rent, you have to make sure whether it is worth to live in or you need to renovate the same for the rental purposes and if yes how much will it cost to you. This may include mortgage payments, and costs for utilities, maintenance, repairs or any other professional needs you would be requiring.
- Maintenance- Next step involves the maintenance. You have to keep this in mind that if at any time your tenant approaches regarding some complaint, say for instance, a request for a plumber, electrician or a carpenter, you should be ready for the same. You must possess the contact numbers of plumbers, carpenters, and electricians or make yourself ready for any other requirement of your tenants.
- Security arrangements- Your duplex property should be fully equipped with security gadgets necessary.
- Rental estimate- You may refer to newspaper classified ads, online ads or ask other landlords to know the market and what position your duplex holds in the market.
- Post an ad- Once you are done with the rental estimate, you may advertize your duplex by posting an ad in local newspapers or on online rental listing. In order to reach a large number of prospective tenants.
- Tenant screening- You will have to screen your tenant regarding his job, family, friends and background. You may contact his previous landlords and enquire about him and his behavior, his lifestyle etc. to be on the safer side. Make sure that the tenant does not have any criminal record.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc can assist you through the property renting process.You can visit us at. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542 or call us at (254) 699-7003.
Choosing between renting and buying a house isn’t an easy decision to make. There are some people who would buy a house as soon as they have the necessary funds, while there are others who would prefer to stay in a rented accommodation life-long. What decision one makes depends on a lot of factors like their family, their location of work, financial status etc.
Below is a scoop of pros and cons of both buying and renting a home in Fort Hood TX:
Pros of Buying a House
- Buying a house is a long-term investment.
- It seems a good venture because it usually is leveraged to a good potential.
- Interest on house mortgages is generally deductible.
- Buying a house is a good option when living in the countryside.
- Invest in a house when you are sure that you are going to be in that place for the rest of the life or for at least 8-10 years.
Pros of Renting
- Renting is the best option if you want a place located in the city with all the major and important areas nearby, like markets, public conveyance, city centre etc.
- Renting is a good choice if you plan to stay for a short time. There is no use buying a home if you might need to relocate in 2 years.
- It’s very easy to maintain a rented house because you don’t need to do anything, and usually not pay for any repairs or maintenances done.
Based on your lifestyle and choice of accommodation, you can plan among the options of buying a house or renting it. In both scenarios, Real Estate agents can prove to be very helpful in providing you with options, negotiating on your behalf and doing the necessary legal work. Realtors are not only familiar with market trends but know pros and cons of various locations and house types.
A reputed and efficient property manager can do wonders for any real estate investor, while an incompetent manager can prove to be a nightmare. So, if you want to get the best of deals for house rentals in Killeen, it is always advisable to have a property manager who knows the tricks of the trade. Read on to know some tips that will come in handy as you go about hiring a property manager.
- The primary consideration here is the number of property units that are already being handled by the manager you are looking at. A very small number could be an indicator of lack of experience and credibility in the market. On the other hand, too many units could mean inadequate attention being paid to your property. The ideal number therefore has to be a moderate one.
- Another key factor to be taken into account is how far the prospective property manager you are looking at is willing to get involved with routine inspections of your property. This is important because a property might need minor repairs with the passage of time.
- Moreover, a property manager should ideally be willing to offer this service as a part of the original package, instead of charging extra money for the same. Therefore, go for a property manager who is ready to offer routine property inspections as part of the complete service package.
- Having a property manager who is receptive to your queries, and will answer them adequately is the one you should hire. If a manager is unwilling to answer any questions that you might have, he might not prove very resourceful in the future as well. If that is the case, you might as well check the problem in the inception stage itself by not hiring such a manager.
- Other than that, your property manager should be using a good tool to manage automated tenant applications; should ensure timely payment of rents; and most importantly, ensure a healthy cash flow through your property on a consistent basis.