While buying or renting a house, one of the important considerations is the type of house. If you are considering a condo or a townhouse but are yet to decide between the two then do some research on how they differ and take a decision accordingly.
Following is a comprehensive list of differences between the two which will help you take an informed decision:
- Definition: A condo refers to a housing structure in a building comprising of other housing structures similar to it. A townhome on the other end refers to housing units sharing walls but standing independently in rows.
- Architecture and Amenities: Condos are like apartments within a single complex. However, within this structure, they can come in various styles such as a cul-de-sac of cottages or a part of a high-rise building. Often they provide community amenities like clubs, a golf course, pools, gyms, roof access and so on. Townhouses are like single-family homes. They usually consist of two floors with a back or front yard. Also, community amenities are very rare in townhouses.
- Ownership: The person living in a condo owns the interiors as well as the exclusive area he lives in. However, the building and grounds are owned by an association. Also, condos are governed by legal statutes. However, in a townhouse, you own the land, interiors and a yard or deck if any.
- Resale Value: As far as the resale value of a condo is concerned, there is less to worry about when it comes to the upkeep and appearance of the building. Regarding townhouses, you will have to go an extra mile in ensuring your property looks appealing to prospective buyers.
- Home Insurance Rates: Home Insurance rates of condos are lower as the insurance is limited to interiors of the condo only. In case of townhouses, owners will have to insure both the exterior and interior which results in higher insurance rates.
- Fees: Condo owners are liable to pay homeowners association fees and maintenance fees every month. Their maintenance fee tends to be higher due to shared spaces and amenities. Owners of townhouses are also expected to pay HOA fees but the maintenance fees is negligible.
- Privacy and Safety: Townhouses offer more privacy as compared to condos. However, as far as safety is concerned, condos are considered to be safer.
For more information on properties, call Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. at (254) 699-7003, Inc. or visit 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
Location and size of a home are both important factors that need to be considered when it comes to choosing an ideal rental home. Choosing one criterion from the two will depend on a variety of factors and an individual’s specific needs. The choice will depend on the age of the prospective resident, allotted budget, maintenance requirements and much more.
Following are some pointers to help you choose the criteria that matters the most to you:
- Assess Your Budget: The first thing to consider when on crossroads about the right house for you is your budget. If you are looking for a large house with facilities like a swimming pool, big lawn, etc., and are ready to spend a considerable sum of money, location may not be a consideration. Alternatively, you might also prefer spending on a small house in a good location with no amenities like the one’s mentioned above.
- Number Of Family Members: The number of people who will live in the house will be a major deciding factor. If you have a large family, size will matter more than the location. However, if you intend to live alone, you should look for a place that is at a good location with access to all basic amenities and services.
- Lifestyle Habits: Your leisure time activities will also determine the kind of house you choose. If eating out, shopping, spending time at bars, clubs, cinemas, etc. is your definition of fun, you may consider picking a house at a prime location. However, if you like solitude and prefer reading a book or watching your favorite movie at home to unwind and freshen up yourselves, a larger house with ample outdoor space may be the right choice.
- Proximity Issues: If proximity to your workplace, shopping centers, banks, cultural centers and school district is important for you, then location is what you should consider instead of size. However, if commuting is not a problem for you, size may precede over location.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. is a renowned real estate firm that understands the requirements of their clients and assists them in finding a suitable property while considering their budget. The rental services offered by them include online listing of available properties, leasing a rental property, online rent payment facility, property maintenance and much more. For more information on rental services provided by them, visit 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542 or call at (254) 699-7003.
All businesses are adapting to the requirements of the digital age in order to stay on top of the game and real estate is no exception. It has almost become the norm to search for a property online before consulting an agent. Today’s typical buyer uses his mobile phone to make property searches online. Extensive information; in the form of websites with high quality photos, details of the buying process, home listings, comparisons and much more; is at the disposal of a potential customer.
Real Estate Digitalization
The present day real estate scenario has blended with digitalization to such an extent that one cannot do without the other. There is still a place for a rental agent but at the same time, a new and important digital real estate spots are also developing at a fast pace. It is in the best interest of a real estate business to catch up with this change.
Digital transformation has changed the way real estate functions. As with everything else, the online real estate scenario is becoming customer centric. Everything is done to improve a customer’s experience. Customers will flock to the business that pampers them, understands them and offers them the best quality for their buck.
Let’s take a look at some ways in which real estate is transforming with digitalization:
- Rental: If you own a rental and don’t go digital, you are missing out on potential clients. Clients, these days, want to go online and explore the listings of different rental agencies, make comparisons, view virtual showings and more all from the comfort of their homes. To fulfill this need of potential renters; rental agencies are adopting digital listings, offering virtual showings, showcasing the best parts of their properties on their websites, integrating social media for more visibility, etc. Going digital has been shown to significantly reduce costs and save time.
- Online Scheduling: Most of the real estate organizations are scheduling visits online. Online scheduling makes the visiting process simpler and encourages applicant self-service. Applicants are directly linked to an agent’s schedule. Agents are contacted about new showings through intelligent online systems and are also provided with the applicants contact information. This minimizes cases of double-booking and helps agents manage their time more efficiently.
- Prevention Of Fraud: Real estate in the digital age calls for additional security from issues like identity theft, bad applicants, fake bank statements and more. To offer protection from such issues, various specialized services are available to confirm an applicant’s identity, uncover doctored information and conduct a background check process.
- Digitizing The Application Process: Another important aspect of adapting to the digital age is to standardize the online application process for a clear and escalated process. It is recommended to use online verification software for a faster and reliable application process and prompt signatures in real estate deals.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. provides real estate services in Killeen and offers online listings, virtual tours and easy payment options via secure online portal. To know more about the services, visit the office at 1020 W. Jasper Dr. Killeen, TX-76542 or call at (254)699-7003.