Regardless of the number of renal homes that you own, maintenance is of utmost importance. A number of issues can come up in rental homes, which need to be addressed on time. These may be related to the plumbing fixtures, electrical appliances, furnishings etc. In order to retain tenancy and ensure a constant income, you need to provide a satisfactory rental experience to your tenants while adequately complying with the legalities involved with maintenance responsibilities.
Here is a guide to ensure appropriate property maintenance:
- Be Prepared: Before deciding to rent out your property, you must understand that it may bring along additional maintenance expenses. However, the approximate cost would vary depending upon the age and present condition of the home. You should also be prepared to bear the repair overheads to prepare a vacant property for future tenants.
- Know The Legalities: In each state, there are certain laws determining the maintenance responsibilities that a landlord needs to fulfil. It is important that you make yourself familiar with the building codes and housing laws to avoid any hassles in the future. You must ensure that you understand your liabilities towards handling property related issues, conforming to safety norms and maintaining constant communication with the tenants.
- Get Everything In Writing: When formulating the lease agreement, make sure it states all the terms and conditions related to property maintenance. It should clearly mention the responsibilities of both landlord and the tenant. You should also give details regarding whom the tenant should contact in case any emergency repair work needed in the house.
- Ensure Tenant Satisfaction: Being a landlord, you are legally responsible to provide a safe place for your tenants to live in. The rental home should have a solid foundation, properly working appliances, secure electrical system and be free of pests. In case the tenant reports a problem, it must be addressed as soon as possible to ensure tenant satisfaction. If you do not handle repair requests quickly, your tenants may plan to end the lease, costing you additional costs in terms of longer vacancy periods.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you maintain your rental property and in turn retain tenants for a longer duration. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
Buying a house is a challenging and daunting task for most people. As it is a substantial financial investment, one needs to take the decision after doing proper research.
Here are certain things to consider while buying a home:
- Visit the house at different times of day: This will assist in ensuring that the house is suitable and compatible to your needs at all times. The house should receive natural light throughout the day and not have a noisy neighborhood. Visiting the house will also give you the chance of checking the traffic level at different hours of the day.
- Proximity: You must also consider the proximity of the house to areas of interest such as a school, park, shopping area, public transport or your office. This will help save time and money in transportation costs.
- Check out the crime graph: Before you invest in a house in a particular area, check out the crime graph of the area. You can look through the recent newspaper for news such as cases of theft, robbery or snatching in the area. You should make sure that the area is safe and secure for your family.
- Talk to the neighbors: It is essential to know about the neighborhood before you buy a house. If possible, meet a few neighbors and discuss the positives and negatives of the area. You can also visit the neighborhood association that works for the welfare of the community.
- Get home inspection: To ensure that you a hassle free home you should get the house thoroughly inspected. You should consider hiring a professional home inspector who can help you identify any issues in the home. You should assess what needs maintenance or repair and discuss this with the property owner. You can negotiate for a lower price on the house and prepare for costs that you will incur or ask the property owner to make the repairs. You should also get inspections for pest infestation, lead paint, radon, etc.
- Ask for utility bills and recent tax bills: To estimate how much you will have to spend every month for electricity, water and other utilities, you can ask the homeowner to provide you some of the previous bills. In certain areas, the property taxes increase more frequently and you should be considering these costs while making your decision.
You need to consider many important factors when purchasing a home in Killeen. You must ensure that you do proper research and make the right investment. For more information, visit Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Buying an old home is a fascinating idea but you need to inspect the house thoroughly. This will help avoid facing hassles in the future and spending a lot of money on the repairs, renovations and maintenance. Here are certain things that you must consider when buying an old house:
- Check The Plumbing: While buying an old home it is crucial to thoroughly inspect the plumbing, as even the finest plumbing starts showing signs of deterioration after a few decades. You should also check for any visible signs of corrosion and leakages. Make sure you check the water pressure and ensure that the house does not require re-piping. You must consider hiring a professional plumber to inspect the plumbing so that you can avoid spending a lot of money to repair the plumbing.
- Check The Roof: Older roofs often start showing signs of distress, so inspect the roof and identify any existing problems. Check for weather damage, holes and layers of singles to make sure that the roof is safe. Even check the beams for damages or any evidences of fire damages. If there are signs of water damage in house, it is an indication of roof problems. You may need to repair any sagging roof and check the downspouts for any clogging and gutters for smooth water runoff.
- Check The Electrical Wiring: Inspect the electrical system and check all the outlets for fire damage. Check the wiring for any damages and if there is fuse system in the house, you may need to upgrade the system to more advanced system. Ensure that the electrical system is compatible to the latest appliances and it is safe.
- Check The Foundation: Look for any cracks in the walls, as they are signs of trouble with the foundation. Check for water damage on the walls, ceilings and floors, indicated by a crack. Large cracks in the foundations make the house weak and susceptible to damages during harsh weather.
- Look For Termite Infestation: Old houses made of wood often are infested with termite and other pests. You must thoroughly check the wood for any signs of damage to avoid spending money on the replacement. You may also need to hire an exterminator to protect the house in future.
It is recommended that one hire a home inspector before agreeing to purchase an old house to ensure a hassle free living.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., provide assistance to all our customets in finding the perfect rental home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Renting a home can be a great alternative if you are not yet financially prepared to buy a property. However, it can be quite an overwhelming experience if you do not know the basics of the process. In order to find a suitable rental home for you and your family, you need to be realistic and assess your needs carefully. Here are some important tips that can help you:
- Choose the area carefully: While looking for the rental property, it is important that you carry out research to find a location that perfectly suits your needs. Check its proximity to your child’s school, grocery stores and other places of importance. Also make sure the place is near your office so that you can save time and money on your daily commute.
- Find a real estate agent: To find the best property within your budget, you must hire a real estate agent who has a thorough knowledge about the local market. The agent should also have good reputation and track record.
- View the property: Make sure you view the property and see if it meets your expectations. Do a walk through and ensure that it is in good condition. Ensure that the appliances and electrical fittings are in proper working condition. Check the bathroom and kitchen faucets for any leakages and plumbing issues. Make a list of the things that need repair and discuss it with the landlord. You can also take pictures of the home before moving in as this will help you prove the condition of the home before you move out.
- Document all the communication: You must ensure that all the things discussed between you and the landlord, related to the maintenance and rent, is documented and agreed upon by both of you. This will help you avoid any disagreements with your landlord at a later point of time.
- Check the lease agreement before signing: Make sure you go through the lease agreement and confirm clearly states all the rules and regulations. The contract should mention the details about the lease duration, rent, payment mode, utility bills, pet policy and other relevant points. Clear any doubts you have and get them in writing. You can also ask for amendments if you find any clause inappropriate. Once you sign the lease, make sure you follow all the lease terms to avoid any legal troubles.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you find the perfect rental home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Every landlord must remodel his rental property to increase its value in the real estate market. A remodeled rental home is given priority over a disorganized one and also proves to be a fortune maker for the landlord. The following tips can help you remodel your rental home –
- Renovate when the property is vacant: When your property is occupied, it becomes tough to initiate any type of remodeling. Be it changing floor tiles, refurbishing the kitchen or repainting the walls, all of it can be done with ease when your tenants are not residing in the property.
- Install new flooring: Quality and durable flooring such as laminates or tiles will not only give a new look to the property but also save you from costly floor repair costs in future. If you have carpets installed, make sure you thoroughly clean them before any potential tenant visits the property.
- Replace bathroom fittings: It is advised to replace old/damaged bathroom fittings such as faucets, towel rails, toilet roll holders etc. with new ones. You must also repair broken pipes and wash basins to give your bathroom a new look. Also, replace the bathroom mirror if it is cracked or has become very dull in appearance.
- Remodel step by step: Remodeling is a great way to add value to your rental property but doing it all at once might take away your peace of mind. Instead, focus on renovating one place at a time. It will get you better results, save a lot of time and ease financial burden on your pocket.
- Be proactive: Make it a top priority to address issues concerning your rental property that require immediate attention. You must never neglect a leaking faucet, a burnt-out electric bulb or a broken tile. A well maintained rental property is always ready to be shown to prospective tenants. It also makes you more confident about asking a reasonable rent from the prospective tenants.
- Focus on areas with highest return on investment: The main focus areas that offer good rental value are the living room, kitchen and bathrooms. Make sure that these three spaces are clean, airy and presentable along with necessary light and water facilities. When initiating the remodeling work, try to begin with these areas.
- Take practical decisions: Being a landlord, you have to take some practical decisions when it comes to remodeling your rental property. For best results, think what you would like in a home if you were a tenant and make changes accordingly.
For more tips to efficiently remodel your rental property in Killeen, TX, feel free to contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. at (254) 699 – 7003.
When searching for a rental home one needs to consider the location, affordability of rent, lease terms and amenities offered to make a well-informed decision. In order to have a hassle free rental experience, it is essential that these details are paid attention to before you finalize a home.
Here are some of the important things that you must keep in mind while searching for a rental home in Killeen, TX:
- Do A Lot Of Research: This is the basic and most important step in the renting process. Thoroughly research about the home you are planning to rent. Visit the area at different times of the day to see if there are any traffic issues during peak hours. Walk through the locality to evaluate the security arrangements and night time lighting system. Also review the rent quoted by similar properties in that area.
- Take Someone Along: Never visit a potential rental home all alone. It is equally important to have the opinion of other people who are going to stay with you in the house. It will also help you inspect the house in a better way.
- Rent A Home With The Required Amenities: It might seem to be enticing to choose a rental home based on its outer appearance. However, it is important that it offers all the amenities that you need to live comfortably. Take some time out to determine what all you require, such as fenced yard, garage, backyard, easy accessibility to school, office, shopping mall etc.
- Inspect The Home: When you visit the rental property, make it a point to inspect everything meticulously. Check the plumbing system in the bathroom and kitchen, door locks and handles, dampness, electrical wiring etc. Also, look for any signs of pest infestation in the house.
- Negotiate Rent: Although rent may not always be negotiable, you can’t be sure until you ask. Real estate agents are aware of all the renting procedures and can help you negotiate the rent in a better way.
If you are looking for quality rental homes in Killeen, contact the agents at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. for assistance. We can help you get through the entire renting process conveniently and without any trouble. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
Buying a home is one of the biggest investments for most people. Thus it can be a daunting and stressful experience for anyone who is not familiar with the real estate in Ft Hood, TX. If you are looking forward to buy a home, you need to consider a number of things.
- Avoid investing if you plan to move: If you are in a job that needs you to move from one place to another after every few years, then investing a huge amount in a property is not a good idea. Selling may not be so easy; moreover, you may end up losing money that you spend on transaction costs of buying and selling.
- Find how much you can afford: Before you start hunting for your dream home, decide how much you can spend. A number of financial options are available; however, make sure that your mortgage payment is about 29% of your gross annual income. Check out the interest rates and ensure that you get the lowest interest rates.
- Check out your credit report: Your credit report is essential document, as it determines whether you will get loan or not and how much you can borrow. You must know the details about your credit report to be familiar with your financial capability.
- Assess your needs: To enjoy your lifestyle the way you want, assess your needs and decide what exactly to want. This will help you narrow down your search and find a home exactly according to your wishes. Decide whether you need a garage, open yard, lawn or any other features that are a necessity to your lifestyle.
- Neighborhood and security: Watch the neighborhood where you want to buy a house. The area should be accessible and it should have all the basic amenities that you need for comfortable living. Look at the security aspect and ensure that the area has a low crime rate.
- Inspect the home: The seller will do the best effort to impress you and stage the house in an attractive way, so you should keenly observe the house and look for any loopholes. Hire an inspector to know whether the claims by the seller are genuine or not. Your home inspector will help you decide whether the home is worth investing or has any hidden issues. The inspector will also inform you about the potential problems that will require repairs and the costs involved in the end.
We, at Lone Star & Property Management, Inc. can help you find homes for sale in Fort Hood. We can also assist you in negotiating the deal and preparing legal documents. You can visit us at 1020 W JASPER DR, KILLEEN, TX 76542 or call (254) 699 - 7003.
Finding a suitable rental apartment may not be easy, specially if you have just moved or are planning to move to Fort Hood, TX. You need to consider a lot of important factors such as affordability, required amenities, accessibility, etc. Given here is a complete guide to find the most suitable rental apartment in Fort Hood.
- Affordability: Make sure your rent does not exceed 20% of your monthly income. Chalk out a detailed financial plan to determine a reasonable price range and identify expenses that you can cut to afford a desired apartment. By managing your budget sensibly, you can surely have an added space or room.
- Get your credit check report: Although landlords conduct thorough screening of the tenants before renting the apartment, you should also request your own credit score to ensure there is no hurdle that can mar your scope.
- Lower your monthly rent: Suburbs often offer more economical options than city centers, so you can check out some good apartments in the suburb within conveniently commutable distance. This requires you to consider transportation costs. Another way of lowering the apartment rent is sharing it with someone. Your roommate will ease the financial burden however, it is crucial to have the landlord’s consent for sharing and have a written agreement with your roommate.
- Talk to other tenants: If you want to ensure that you are renting the right place, talk to the other tenants in the building and try to get maximum information about the landlord. You can also talk to some of the previous tenants to know about the behavior of the landlord and know whether landlord acts responsibly, adheres to the terms mentioned in the agreements and maintains the property or not.
- Check out everything before signing the lease: It is essential to walk through the apartment and check everything so that you are sure of everything. The previous tenants may have caused damage to the property or there may be some maintenance issues to take care of. Check the faucets, flush, and water pressure. Also, check if the lights and other electrical appliances are functioning properly. Check safety measures and the locks.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you search affordable and well maintained apartment for rent in Fort Hood, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Improving the curb appeal of your home will not only make it look more beautiful but also add to its rental value. In fact, a shabby outdoor area is one of the biggest reasons why most tenants reject a property. Most landlords often avoid investing in exterior improvements just because they can be quite costly. Making some simple changes in the outdoor area can also boost its curb appeal in an affordable manner.
Given here are some useful tips that can help to improve the curb appeal of your Killeen rental home:
- Clean Thoroughly: One of the simplest ways in which you can make your home look more appealing is by cleaning it thoroughly. Use a pressure washer to remove all the dirt and stains from the driveways, sidewalks, porch, outdoor deck etc. Do not forget to clean the doors and windows too.
- Improve The Landscaping: Remove all the dead plants and weeds from the lawn and add fresh flower beds. Make sure you trim the grass of your lawn before the potential tenant visits the rental home. If you have sprinklers installed, make sure they are working properly.
- Light The Walkway: Installing low voltage landscape lighting across the walkways will not only increase the view of your property in the dark, but also add to its security feature. You can also opt for solar powered lights to save on your tenant’s energy bills.
- Improve The Entryway: Cleaning and repainting the entrance of your Killeen rental home is a cost-effective way to transform its look. You can also place potted ornamental plants to give it a more welcoming appearance.
- Clean Out The Gutters: If there are any clogged drains or gutters in or near your rental home, make sure you get them repaired before any potential tenant visits. Having standing and stinking water is surely an unlikely thing that people do not want in their future residence.
- Add Some Accessories: Putting up some weather resistant art pieces or other decorative accessories can also help to improve curb appeal. Make sure that the items that you choose should complement the color of your home and outdoor area.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., offer complete assistance in renting your home in Killeen, TX. For more details about our services, feel free to contact us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
Searching for the appropriate rental apartment can be a nerve wrecking and daunting experience. You need to find a suitable property that meets all your needs, fits your budget and is in a good condition. Here are some important tips that can help you find the perfect rental apartment in Killeen, TX:
- Determine what you want: You must take some time out to evaluate your requirements. You should consider the location, apartment size, number of bedrooms, amenities provided and pet policy, as having a clear idea of these things will help to make your search easier.
- Set a budget: You should evaluate your monthly expenses and set aside a number that you can pay each month. This will also help you streamline your search by avoiding apartments that are priced beyond your budget.
- Hire a professional: Hiring a professional agent when searching for a rental property is very beneficial and makes the process hassle free. They can help you understand the real estate market in a better and efficient way. They also have access to a wide range of rental properties and you can be assured of making the best deal.
- Property inspection: When you visit the apartment you should inspect everything minutely and look for any signs of damage or poor maintenance. Examine the walls and ceilings of all the rooms, particularly the bathroom as well as kitchen. If you are renting a furnished apartment, check if all the appliances are in proper working condition. If anything needs repair, do not hesitate to ask the landlord to get it done before your move-in date.
- Rent negotiation: Your real estate agent will negotiate the rent with the landlord on your behalf. This is very important in order to ensure that you are not overpaying for a particular property. The real estate agents know the current price trends of similar properties and can help you in this regard.
- Read the fine print: Once everything has been finalized, make sure you read the lease agreement thoroughly before signing. Everything that has been verbally discussed should be mentioned in the contract, regarding the maintenance, insurance coverage, security deposit, moving out before the lease term etc.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., provide complete rental services in Killeen. Our agents can help you search the most suitable apartment according to your budget and needs. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.