Every state in the US has different home buying process. Whether you are buying a home first time or already have an experience of buying a home, the following steps will guide you through home buying process in general. By following this step-by-step guide, you will be able to buy any property without any stress.
- Choose a real estate agent: It is crucial to hire a licensed real estate agent who can help you find a house. It is advisable that you choose a realtor who has joined the National Association of Realtors (NAR). You can find a reliable real estate agent by searching online or asking a friend or a relative who recently bought a house to provide you any references. It is always good to shortlist 2-3 agents for interview and then finally choose one on the basis of the answers provided by the agents to your questions.
- Choose a mortgage lender: The next paramount step is to interview and select a mortgage lender. To avoid disappointment later, ensure that you have funds to close the deal. You can get a copy of your personal credit report, as it can give you an edge while interviewing a lender. To check whether you qualify for buying a home, you can discuss your report with the lender who will ask you certain questions regarding your income, debts, and assets. This step will determine what interest rate options and loans are available, how much closing cost money and down payment you will need, how much monthly payment you will need to pay. After interviewing a couple of lenders, choose one that best suits your needs.
- Choose a house: Considering your requirements such as how many bedrooms you need, whether you need a garage or a garden, location, price, etc., your real estate agent can help you find a suitable property. Once you find the house, the next step is purchasing the house. Your real estate agent will help you finalize the deal. Once you reach an agreement on the price, you will need to pay a deposit called Earnest Money or Escrow. Now you can inspect the property and for this, you can hire a professional inspector.
- Closing the deal: The deal is finally closed with the transfer of ownership of the property, titles, and funds. Here also your real estate agent will advise the method and parties involved.
- Move to your new house: With the completion of all formalities, now it is time to move to your new house.
For more tips on buying a home, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Before marking your duplex property as “to let”, you need to make sure whether it is ready to given on rent or not. Note down the following points which can help you prepare your duplex for rent:-
- Categorization- First and foremost, decide whether you want to categorize your duplex furnished or unfurnished. Be prepared to bear the damage of the furniture if you are planning to give a furnished duplex on rent. Being a landlord you may ask your tenants to pay if any damage is made to the furniture and other furnishings provided.
- Calculate the renovation cost- Before giving an apartment on rent, you have to make sure whether it is worth to live in or you need to renovate the same for the rental purposes and if yes how much will it cost to you. This may include mortgage payments, and costs for utilities, maintenance, repairs or any other professional needs you would be requiring.
- Maintenance- Next step involves the maintenance. You have to keep this in mind that if at any time your tenant approaches regarding some complaint, say for instance, a request for a plumber, electrician or a carpenter, you should be ready for the same. You must possess the contact numbers of plumbers, carpenters, and electricians or make yourself ready for any other requirement of your tenants.
- Security arrangements- Your duplex property should be fully equipped with security gadgets necessary.
- Rental estimate- You may refer to newspaper classified ads, online ads or ask other landlords to know the market and what position your duplex holds in the market.
- Post an ad- Once you are done with the rental estimate, you may advertize your duplex by posting an ad in local newspapers or on online rental listing. In order to reach a large number of prospective tenants.
- Tenant screening- You will have to screen your tenant regarding his job, family, friends and background. You may contact his previous landlords and enquire about him and his behavior, his lifestyle etc. to be on the safer side. Make sure that the tenant does not have any criminal record.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc can assist you through the property renting process.You can visit us at. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542 or call us at (254) 699-7003.
Choosing between renting and buying a house isn’t an easy decision to make. There are some people who would buy a house as soon as they have the necessary funds, while there are others who would prefer to stay in a rented accommodation life-long. What decision one makes depends on a lot of factors like their family, their location of work, financial status etc.
Below is a scoop of pros and cons of both buying and renting a home in Fort Hood TX:
Pros of Buying a House
- Buying a house is a long-term investment.
- It seems a good venture because it usually is leveraged to a good potential.
- Interest on house mortgages is generally deductible.
- Buying a house is a good option when living in the countryside.
- Invest in a house when you are sure that you are going to be in that place for the rest of the life or for at least 8-10 years.
Pros of Renting
- Renting is the best option if you want a place located in the city with all the major and important areas nearby, like markets, public conveyance, city centre etc.
- Renting is a good choice if you plan to stay for a short time. There is no use buying a home if you might need to relocate in 2 years.
- It’s very easy to maintain a rented house because you don’t need to do anything, and usually not pay for any repairs or maintenances done.
Based on your lifestyle and choice of accommodation, you can plan among the options of buying a house or renting it. In both scenarios, Real Estate agents can prove to be very helpful in providing you with options, negotiating on your behalf and doing the necessary legal work. Realtors are not only familiar with market trends but know pros and cons of various locations and house types.
A reputed and efficient property manager can do wonders for any real estate investor, while an incompetent manager can prove to be a nightmare. So, if you want to get the best of deals for house rentals in Killeen, it is always advisable to have a property manager who knows the tricks of the trade. Read on to know some tips that will come in handy as you go about hiring a property manager.
- The primary consideration here is the number of property units that are already being handled by the manager you are looking at. A very small number could be an indicator of lack of experience and credibility in the market. On the other hand, too many units could mean inadequate attention being paid to your property. The ideal number therefore has to be a moderate one.
- Another key factor to be taken into account is how far the prospective property manager you are looking at is willing to get involved with routine inspections of your property. This is important because a property might need minor repairs with the passage of time.
- Moreover, a property manager should ideally be willing to offer this service as a part of the original package, instead of charging extra money for the same. Therefore, go for a property manager who is ready to offer routine property inspections as part of the complete service package.
- Having a property manager who is receptive to your queries, and will answer them adequately is the one you should hire. If a manager is unwilling to answer any questions that you might have, he might not prove very resourceful in the future as well. If that is the case, you might as well check the problem in the inception stage itself by not hiring such a manager.
- Other than that, your property manager should be using a good tool to manage automated tenant applications; should ensure timely payment of rents; and most importantly, ensure a healthy cash flow through your property on a consistent basis.
Buying a house is one of the most significant decisions that any individual makes. So if you are looking at housing options in Killeen, it is advisable to weigh various factors before taking the final call. Read on to know how you can simplify things and take the correct decision.
- We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc provide online property listings showcasing the options available in terms of homes for sale in Killeen TX. They give the complete details about location, pricing, ownership, and condition of the property. An online research will give you a wide perspective on where you can invest your hard-earned money.
- It is said that an actual visit to the property is something that cannot be done without; after all you have to see and get a feel of where your lifetime savings are going. For this, our real agents offer virtual tours of the property through videos. This helps in saving time, and solves the purpose as well.
- For any queries, you also have the privilege of our round-the-clock online support. You can direct any questions that you have on the helpline, and get appropriate solutions for the same. Not only this, you can also apply online for the property that you want to invest in. This again is a time saver.
- When it comes to choices, there is no dearth of these in Killeen. You can buy the house of your choice; luxury apartments, duplexes, new constructions, houses for resale, and many more.
- Another attractive option that we provide home buyers in Killeen is regular property inspections. Any routine or maintenance repairs that are required are taken care of by the property owners before you actually buy it.
Killeen is a great place to live in. Finding your dream home here can be a wonderful experience. You can take your call after getting in touch with our real estate agents. A lot of options are available in the market; explore them to better your home buying experience.
Renting an apartment can take a while. You may need to wander places, plan a budget and go through the pro-con list as what type of apartment goes with your lifestyle and family needs. But once you understand the rental basics, renting an apartment can be fascinating and joyous.
Below are some important renting tips that will certainly help you put your apartment hunting into full gear:
- Play it safe: Renting an apartment is probably one of the most important decisions you will ever make. But before you go around choosing any apartment for rent, be sure to consider your budget. A complete and most accurate way to calculate the budget is by considering one third of your monthly wage. It is also important to consider all your monthly expenses including gas, food, electricity, entertainment etc. to be on the safer side. You can also consider sharing the apartment if you are a little too tight on budget.
- Choose the style: Another important thing you might not want to ignore while choosing a rental apartment is the apartment style. Convertible studios, Alcove studio, Loft, Penthouse apartment, garden apartment are a few types of apartments you are most likely to come across while on your hunt for apartment. Be sure to consider your family size and lifestyle before choosing the apartment style.
- Browse your options: Next up on the list is apartment search. To make this step easier for you, we display the list of available rental apartments along with their photographs, rent, location, security deposit and amenities detail on our company’s website. For any query or real estate advice, you can browse the broad list of frequently asked questions available on the website or consult our realtors.
- Scan the neighborhood: Neighborhood is another important area of consideration for the apartment renters. Make sure the apartment you are willing to rent is in the safe neighborhood plus you can imagine yourself living there for extended period of time. Also, make sure you interact with all the local residents to get a precise idea on the neighborhood, nearby malls, schools, hospital etc.
Provided you understand all these steps, renting an apartment is a great way to go. For more information regarding the rentals apartments, you can consult the realtors at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. Our company is conveniently located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699-7003.
Located in Bell County, Texas, Killeen is the most popular residential location in the Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood metropolis, owing to its favorable attributes in terms of the high rate of employment, a low criminal rate, and extensive options in entertainment and education. If you are considering buying a home in Killeen, hiring a realtor can help you with the process, matching you with the perfect property to meet your needs and budget, in the shortest time. This is especially important if you have specific requirements from your house, such as a swimming pool, pet-friendliness, a fenced-in yard, a basement, etc.
The first step in the home-buying process should be identifying the difference between what you “want” and what you “need”. This will help you to decide on a price range, which is one of the most important considerations while embarking on a house hunt. It is a good idea to hire a buyer’s agent, who can help you to get the best possible home within your price range, and represent your interests as a buyer all through the process. In addition to this, your agent will also keep all the information that you provide him with confidential, and shall not limit your search to houses listed by a specific agency.
Making use of a Multi Listing Service (MLS) can help to expedite your search and shortlist properties in your preferred neighborhoods that match your criteria. Virtual online tours give you a clear insight into a house that you are interested in, before you attend a showing. Once you find a house that meets your requirements, the next step is carrying out the negotiation on the price, after which you can draw up further details on the offer. It is a good idea to hire a professional inspector to carry out a detailed inspection of the house before finally sealing the deal.
If you are looking for a home for sale in Killeen TX, Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc can help you in your search. We are based in Killeen TX and have an experience of more than 40 years in the real estate industry. Our real estate experts shall provide you with personalized attention to ensure that you end up with the best possible deal. Contact us today at (254) 699-7003 to get started with your search for your dream home.
The home buying process can be very intimidating, especially for a first time buyer. With all the paperwork, procedures, and people involved in the process, it is advisable to do some basic groundwork and build your knowledge before taking the plunge into buying a home. The following guidelines highlight the basics of the home buying process:
- Unless you have huge savings, you are probably going to need a mortgage to buy a house. Your first step should be to understand mortgages and review your finances before approaching a lender. You should also have a clear idea of how much you can afford to spend, taking into consideration your additional monthly expenditure and a possible rise in interest rates in the future.
- When it comes to finding a mortgage, your major options include banks and independent mortgage brokers. Take the time to research these options and find the best mortgage for your requirements.
- Once you find a house that you like, it is advisable to hire a real estate agent to help you make an offer for it. If the seller agrees to the price offered, you can go ahead with the home buying process. However, you are not obliged to go forward with the deal if you are dissatisfied with the survey or contract.
- Buying a home involves a significant deal of paperwork and various legal aspects, due to which it is advisable to hire a solicitor at this stage, to take care of these aspects, and also look into any local issues that can possibly affect the property’s value.
- Next, you shall need to arrange a survey which shall help to assess the property for any potential problems. There are various options that you can choose from when it comes to surveys, varying in price and in how comprehensive they are. Getting in touch with your local surveyor can help to guide you on the best option for you.
- Once the solicitor and surveyor pass the deal, you shall need to sign the contract and pay an initial deposit to the seller. Opting out of the deal after this stage will result in you losing your initial deposit.
If you are looking for a Ft Hood housing option, the real estate agents at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc can help you in your search for homes in the area, as well as in the complete home buying process. Contact us at (254) 699 -7003 for more information.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc is a property management company specializing in residential sales, property management, and rental listings across various Central Texas locations. We are located in Killeen, and can help you in your search for affordable rentals in the region. By opting for our rental services, you shall gain access to a large selection of rental properties in and around Killeen. Our database of rental accommodations is constantly updated, ensuring that you have access to the latest information in the local real estate market.
Whether you are a first-time renter, or a home owner moving back into the rental market, we can help you to find a home that is perfectly suited to your needs. We understand that each client has a separate set of requirements from a rental accommodation, which is why we first take the time out to understand exactly what you want. We shall require you to provide us with some basic information such as the expected rent, required facilities, preferred neighborhood, whether you want pets, expected duration of stay, number of bedrooms, requirement of garage/ garden/ backyard size, etc.
Our extensive experience in dealing with the sale, buying, and leasing of homes in Killeen ensures that we give you the best advice and help you in making a well-informed decision. Taking into account your preferences, budget, and requirements while short-listing suitable properties for you helps to save a great deal of time and resources. We follow a systematic approach to help in your search for a rental home in Killeen, by showing you accommodations that match the criteria
you are searching for. This saves you from the cumbersome process of having to search multiple rental websites to find a suitable home.
Once you find a house that interests you, we shall help you through the subsequent steps in the rental process, right from a thorough move-in inspection, to signing the lease. We shall provide you with the necessary guidance to help you get approval from the landlord, and shall also help to safeguard your rights as a tenant, by checking through the property inspection report, and cross-checking the lease terms. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff shall be there to assist you at every step, making sure that you are protected from common pitfalls that renters make, and also helping you to make the right choice of a rental accommodation. Contact us today at (254) 699-7003 to get started with the process of searching for a rental home in Killeen.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. is a Killeen-based property management company, also dealing in residential sales and rentals across various Central Texas locations. If you are looking for affordable Ft Hood housing, we can help you to expedite your search and narrow down your options as per your budget and requirements. Having more than 40 years of experience in the real estate business, we provide you with the necessary professional guidance required to make a well-informed decision.
We help you gain access to the latest rental listings in the Fort Hood neighborhood of your choice, making the process of finding a rental accommodation fast and convenient. When it comes to rentals, seeking the assistance of a professional can help you to save significantly and avoid the confusion that accompanies searching multiple databases. We specialize in homes, duplexes, townhouses, and apartments, and also offer various rental specials with facilities like garages, pet-friendliness, ceiling fans, ceramic tile flooring, etc.
You can find the complete information regarding available rental accommodations in Ft Hood on our website, and also browse through multiple pictures of these accommodations. Once you find an accommodation that appeals to you, you can contact us for more information on it, and we shall guide you through the subsequent steps of getting it on rent. Having vast experience in dealing with tenants as well as landlords, we are well aware of the common mistakes that amateur renters are likely to make, and we ensure that we provide you with the guidance to safeguard you from these pitfalls.
Being actively involved in the local real estate market, we have access to the latest information regarding accommodations that go on rent, which puts you, as our client, at the advantage of being privy to this information. You do not have to spend hours searching multiple websites for the best rental accommodation, since we provide you with a comprehensive database of rentals in the region, which is constantly updated.
We understand that the process of finding a rental accommodation can be taxing and cumbersome, especially for a first-time renter. We are committed to ensuring that the process is smooth and convenient for you, by guiding you through all the critical steps, right from looking at an accommodation, to carrying out the property inspection, and finally moving in. Contact us today at (254) 699-7003 with information on the kind of rental accommodation you are looking for, and we shall help you with completing your search for it.