Selecting a profitable rental home can be a challenging process, especially in a real estate market like Killeen TX, where there are countless options to choose from. The real estate experts at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc can help you with the valuable professional guidance that you need to choose a property that will give you the income from rentals that you are expecting. We have years of experience in working with home sellers and buyers in and around Killeen, which enables us to provide our clients with a comprehensive list of services that ensure a smooth and well-informed real estate transaction. Enlisted below are the top features of a profitable rental property in Killeen:
- The quality of the neighborhood: This definitely stands as the most important feature when it comes to determining the value of a rental property. This goes a long way in determining how often you face vacancies and the quality of tenants you attract.
- Crime rates: You want to make sure that you invest in property in a safe area. After all, no one wants to move to a place branded as a hotspot for criminal activity. You can get accurate criminal statistics for a neighborhood you are considering by visiting the local police.
- Employment opportunities: In the current economy, one of the key considerations for most renters is living in an area where they can get good jobs. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics can provide you with information on how a particular area rates in this aspect.
- Average rent: It is important to know what the average rent in a particular area is, before investing in a rental property. You want to ensure that the average rent will be enough to cover your mortgage payment, taxes, and other overhead expenses, while also leaving you with the profit you are aiming for.
- Amenities: Look into the amenities like parks, malls, gyms, movie theatres, and public transport in the neighborhood you are considering. All these perks attract renters, making it important to find the ideal blend of private property and public amenities.
- Property taxes: It is important to note that property taxes are not governed by standard rules, and can vary significantly from area to area. You can get the tax information you need from the town’s assessment office, or by talking to homeowners in the community. However, you should be aware that high property tax is not always a bad thing, especially if the property is exceptionally profitable.
So, you are in the midst of finding a home in winters. Although, the selling price of homes in Killeen during this season is easy on wallet but finding one with all the essentials can be a headache. To take your stress away, here we list a few tips that can help you buy a home that perfectly suits your budget and needs.
- Find the location: First, you will need to pinpoint the locations that are more likely to score a good and affordable deal. In order to do that, you can hit the online forum and checkout the local newspapers for current rental listings. Once you are done making a list of the locations, you may proceed to the next step.
- Type of house: It is very important to consider the architectural style before buying a house in winters. Make sure the construction is appropriate and the insulation is sufficient to keep the interiors warm and cozy. Some of the architectural styles that provide the immunity from winter problems are Ranch house, Dutch colonial, triangular attic style etc.
- Know the neighbors and area: One significant advantage of purchasing a house in winter is that you can get to know your neighbors better. Since most people prefer to stay at home during this time of the year, it is a great opportunity to get familiar with them. Ask them how good the area has been to them and what problems they have encountered so far.
- Negotiation with owner: Last but not least, negotiate the concession with the homeowners. Generally, the owners selling their houses in winters are in a little rush. But before you make your move, make sure you have done the homework properly. Do a complete market research on the current prices of the comparable houses in the area and set your margin lower than what you actually have in mind.
Generally, the first time home buyers often overlook the important points and end up disappointed. It is advisable that they hire a Killeen realtor with extensive knowledge of key areas to pay attention to.
If you are looking for a realtor to assist you through the home buying process in winters, visit us at Lone Star Realty. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699-7003.
Many people in Killeen, Texas prefer to choose a duplex for rent and it is easy to see why. In addition to providing a secure and spacious area to live, renting a duplex cuts down the cost of living. Since there are a many dupl
ex available for rent today, you might find it a little tricky to figure out which is the right one for you.
To take your frown away, we list a few handy tips that can help you cherry-pick the ideal duplex in Killeen TX:
- Stay within the perimeter: Do a little bit of math before choosing a duplex. Set a budget and stick to it. To be on the safe side, follow the “one-third rule” i.e. try not to exceed one third of your monthly wage. If you are a little too low on budget, sharing a duplex with a roommate can be a wise option.
- Where to search: One of the significant and probably the most daunting steps involved in renting a duplex is limiting the location. One easy way to do that is to make a list of the preferable locations. Consider the locations that are secure, affordable and accessible. We, at Lone Star Realty showcase the current rental listing at our website that provides a perfect platform to browse the duplexes through location and price.
- Separate Utilities: It is very important to consider the utilities while choosing a duplex. Many duplexes offer shared utilities in which the cost of usage gets shared between the two units. We advise you to go for the duplex with independent utilities like electricity, gas, telephone etc. This way you can rest assured that you are paying for what you have actually used.
- Get to know your fellow tenants: Familiarize with the tenants who are already living in the other unit. Make sure they are thoughtful, compatible and you can imagine yourself living next door to them for extended periods of time. It is also important to ask how their experience has been so far. It might help you get a better idea of the place and the owner.
In addition, it is equally important to do a complete market research before selecting a duplex for rent. Once you are done, negotiate the concessions with landlord, understand the length of lease, security deposits, etc.
Provided you are fully prepared, renting a duplex is a great way to go! To check out the duplexes on rent in Killeen, visit our website www.lonestarrealty.net
Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. is a property management company located in Killeen, TX, that offers rentals and residential buying/ selling guidance in addition to property management services. We can also help you resolve any maintenance issues that you are facing with your property. We assign highly experienced and diversely trained maintenance workers with specialization in a vast range of maintenance issues related to homes. Our services are available in Killeen TX and the surrounding regions.
The procedure of having maintenance work done from Lone Star Realty involves sending in a written request to our office, specifying the nature of work required. You can either send this request through our online form or submit the form available at our office. Once we receive your written request, we shall assign the right crew member from a local company to provide the service to you. The issue will be resolved within 48 business hours, or you shall have communication regarding the reason for any possible delays directly from the maintenance contractors.
In the rare event that the issue is not resolved and no communication is initiated within the stipulated time, you can directly contact our office and we shall look into the problem personally. We also provide after hours maintenance services in case of emergencies. To avail this service, you need to call (254)-699-7003 or (254) 290-4153. You can then leave back a message with your name, address, phone number, and the details of the emergency and the maintenance work required. Our after-hours maintenance vendors or one of our office employees shall then contact you regarding your emergency.
We follow a proper scheduling procedure to ensure timely maintenance services to all our customers. We advise you to contact our office before 12.30pm for fastest results. It is important to give us the complete details regarding the nature of maintenance work required to ensure that we bring along all the tools and equipment required to resolve the issue in a single go. We recommend preventing the need for maintenance work by taking a few simple precautions such as running your dishwasher at least once a month, running your garbage disposal at least once a week, and changing/cleaning your air conditioner filters monthly, to ensure their proper functioning. It is also important to ensure that you only use dishwasher soap in your dishwasher, as opposed to dish soap, which will cause the dishwasher to overflow with water and bubbles.
In the recent years, there has been a huge increase in the demand for apartments in Killeen TX. There are many reasons for this trend as Killeen has a lot to offer in terms of living standard, basic facilities and entertainment.
If you are looking for apartments for rent in Killeen, we at Lone Star Reality & Property Management Inc. can help you find the right one suiting your family needs and budget. We also offer a plethora of other services in the real estate sector. These include: real estate buying and selling, property management and tenant services. You can check out our website for rental listings and MLS listings. Not only this, we have the facility of online payments and rental applications as well.
Read on to know why getting an apartment in Killeen will prove to be advantageous for you.
- Killeen is considered as a major city in the Fort Hood-Killeen-Temple TX region. Not only this, it is also among the top 25 populous cities in Texas.
- The apartments in Killeen TX have been planned in such a manner that they are worth living throughout the year; be it any season. These apartments are located near popular city spots and are easily accessible.
- Another important point is that there are loads of options available as far as Killeen rental apartments are concerned. There is something to suit every pocket. So, whether you are looking for a high-end apartment or want something simple, every kind of home can be found in Killeen.
- Refer to our website for finding the perfect apartments and Killeen rentals. You can narrow down your search by filling in the number of bedrooms you want.
- Killeen is emerging as a popular residential area because it offers affordable living. Apart from this, there are a lot of opportunities available in the field of education, employment and recreation too. A majority of residents of Killeen have their jobs in the cantonment region of Fort Hood.
- As mentioned above, there is no dearth of quality education in the city. The Killeen Independent School District (the largest in Dallas region), the Central Texas College and the Texas A&M University-Central Texas are centers of high quality education.
- On the recreational front, there is Vive Les Arts Theatre in Killeen that is home to Broadway shows as well as theater shows for children. Killeen is a hot favorite among art lovers as well because of the interesting musical ambience that always pervades here.
MLS, short for Multiple Listing Service, is a comprehensive property database, which makes the process of getting information about properties for sale/ rent simple and convenient for the buyer, seller, real estate agent, and anyone else involved. Lone Star Realty is a property management company that specializes in homes in Killeen TX and the surrounding region. We provide MLS to our clients, which goes a long way in expediting the process of selling, buying, and renting homes.
To put it simply, MLS is an orderly correlation of information regarding houses, shared among real estate professionals. Data regarding a home that is available for sale is put up on the MLS by a listing broker, and a broker who brings abuyer is entitled to receive a commission for the deal. This makes it a win-win situation for everyone involved, saving time and resources. The online software that is used in an MLS makes it possible to view detailed information regarding the house, including the address, square footage, age, number of rooms, etc. You can even get information about school districts and upgrades, as well as the financing options that the seller is open to.
Viewing a home on an MLS gives you a clear idea of what to expect, since you can view multiple pictures taken from various angles, and you can even take a virtual tour if one is available for the house you are viewing. MLS authorities have a strict set of rules and regulations that aim at ensuring that all the data provided on these websites is accurate, wide in scope, and not outdated. Most of these services do not encourage FSBOs (For Sale by Owners), making it necessary to use the services of a real estate broker to add your listing.
Lone Star Realty steps forward to make this process easier for you, helping you to benefit from the convenience offered by an MLS listing. Whether you are looking for rentals in Killeen, or would like to sell or buy a house, we shall w you can use MLS to your best advantage. We shall start with a clear understanding of your needs and budgets, and shall then design the right plan, working around our MLS services, to ensure that you get what you are looking for. Contact us today at (254) 699-7003 for more information on how MLS can work for you.
It is essential to find an experienced property management company so that you invest your money in renting a good home in Killeen TX. There are hordes of real estate companies in the market and it is imperative to find the correct one. The process of buying, selling and renting is not as easy as it seems. So, professional help is definitely required in these matters.
You can find the best and most economical property for yourself only at Lone Star Reality. We will address all your property management needs in a very efficient manner. Our dedicated team of professionals will assist in all your queries regarding to a particular property that you are interested in.
Read on to know about the various services offered by our company:
- One of the major highlights of the services offered by our company is the virtual tour of different rental properties. Prospective tenants can actually see the property before renting it. We generate a feedback based on this information and this helps to determine the market value of each property.
- If you are thinking of renting out a property, we will make sure that you receive the rent on time. We do this by doing a thorough screening of the tenants before they actually rent your home. The verification process is a strict one and we authenticate all the information provided by the prospective tenants. This includes information related to age, income, job background and criminal records etc.
- The extremely experienced staff at Lone Reality is adept at providing high-quality property maintenance services. We ensure that your property does not get damaged in any way and therefore conduct routine maintenance checks without charging a single extra penny.
- With our company you can be rest assured that no harm will be done to your property. We conduct inspections after every six months in order to see that the tenants are using the property in a responsible manner. If we come across any such issue, our company immediately starts working towards resolving the same.
- If your property is not occupied and is lying vacant, we will make all efforts to get it rented out as soon as possible. Our carefully planned advertising and marketing techniques ensure that no rental remains unoccupied. We have made huge amount of investments in the online media and advertise the rentals through this medium. In this era of Internet, an online presence is very beneficial to attract prospective tenants.
- We charge what we say and there are no hidden charges such as renewal or maintenance fee etc. Come and visit our office or browse through our website to know all other pertinent details.
Real estate investment is an important matter and must not be undertaken without expert advice. If you are looking to buy, rent or sell a home in Killeen, you must get the best for your money. Lone Star Reality is the optimum place that will help you deal with all the property management issues. We provide excellent services in the real estate arena and ensure that you get maximum return for your hard-earned money.
In order to have a knack of how the real estate industry functions, there are certain terms that need to be understood. You must acquaint yourself with these terms because they are useful in dealing with rental property in Killeen.
Our website provides a comprehensive list of real estate jargons that are frequently used in this job. Following is a list of some of the important real estate jargons from this list:
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR): This is the combined mortgage charge that includes interest, mortgage insurance, and loan origination fee. This cost is mentioned for the complete year.
- Balance Sheet: It is a financial statement that gives details about assets and liabilities.
- Certificate of Eligibility: This is an important document that is issued by the federal government. It certifies a veteran to be eligible for a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) mortgage.
- Down Payment: When someone buys a particular property, there is a certain purchase amount that is paid in cash. This is known as down payment. However, this payment is not financed with a mortgage.
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA): It is a federal law that makes it mandatory for all the lenders and creditors to lend credit to everyone without any bias. They cannot discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, marital status or receipt of income from public assistance programs.
- Fair Market Value: It is the highest price that a buyer would pay and the lowest a seller would agree on. The point to be noted here is that this price is not forced upon either of the parties.
- Hazard Insurance: This insurance protects against the damage caused to a real estate property because of natural reasons, fire or defacement etc.
- Origination Fee: This is a fee levied by the creditor for paying the processing charges involved in getting a real estate loan. This is generally one percent of the amount loaned.
- PITI: PITI stands for Principal, Interest, Taxes and Insurance. These are the elements of a monthly mortgage payment.
For more jargons, visit us at www.lonestarrealty.net.
Selling a home is a major decision that is sure to have a strong bearing on your financial situation. Understanding how the process works will help you in effectively managing your finances in the challenging present-day real estate situation. Here’s a look at the major steps involved in selling a home:
- Choosing a realtor: With all the paperwork and legal implications involved in selling a house, choosing a real estate agent to assist you through the process should be the first step you take.
- Setting a list price: The next important decision is that of the price you would like to list your home at in the real estate market. This is a critical step in the home-selling process, since a price that is too high could mean a draught of buyers, while setting the bar too low could mean putting yourself at a loss. Carrying out a comparative market analysis and hiring an independent real estate appraiser could aid you in making this decision.
- Determining net proceeds: This includes calculating the amount of equity that you have built so far, based on factors like the balance on your mortgage and costs incurred during closing. Your realtor might recommend leasing your house until you build sufficient equity.
- Listing agreement: This agreement is signed between you and your realtor, giving the realtor the right to sell your property, and determining how long you agree to list your house with the company.
- Presenting your house for sale: How you present your home has a strong bearing on the kind of buyers you attract. You need to pay attention to details and depersonalize the house as far as possible.
- Negotiation: Your real estate agent will notify you when an offer comes in, and it is at that point that you need to prepare a written negotiation detailing the terms of purchase for the prospective buyer.
- Closing: The final, and in many ways most critical step in the home-selling process is that of closing the deal. Even though the entire process of closing the deal usually takes no more than an hour, it bears significant implications for both the buyer as well as the seller, which makes it important to consult your realtor before preparing the paperwork and verifications for this process. Once you handover your house keys to the buyers, that marks the end of the transaction.
The real estate industry has off late witnessed a revolution in terms of the way it is being marketed to prospective buyers and sellers. One trend that has really caught up in recent times is the online listing of property by real estate agents and marketers.
Prospective tenants who are looking for homes in Killeen Texas can really benefit out of this system where everything is carried out in a matter of few clicks. Read on to know more about what an online property listing system entails, and how it can be useful to both landlords and tenants.
- Online property listing is a platform wherein the stakeholders get to advertise their properties online and reach out to a wide segment of people. It is a cost effective way of marketing your properties to audiences worldwide. Killeen Rentals
- As a prospective tenant, if you are looking at options when it comes to homes for rent in Killeen Texas, you can view them all at one place. There is no hassle involved as you are not supposed to drive around and have a look at all the properties that are available to suit your requirements. Most of the real estate online listings today carry pictures of the actual property which can be of great help while you make your decision.
- Another major advantage to be drawn out of online property listings is the quick response that you can get from the agents or landlords. All you are required to do is share your email ID and contact number, and the owner will get back to you in a short span of time. So any queries that you may have can be easily addressed without any wastage of time.
- If you have previously availed houses for rent through the online platform, you become entitled to attractive discounts the next time you go to the same buyer. This is a win-win situation for both the parties involved. The sellers or landlords get the loyalty of customers which helps in building up goodwill, while the buyers or tenants can get the property of their choice at discounted prices.
- Fixing up appointments with the agents to go and have an actual look at the property can also be done easily. You can connect with the realtors online and let them know about the date and time that suits you.
- Online property listings are also accompanied by testimonials and feedbacks given by previous customers. These can be of great help when you sit on deciding which realtor can provide you with impeccable and trustworthy services.