Preparing your home for sale is one of the key steps in ensuring that you sign a faster and profitable deal in this competitive market. Buyers are always on the lookout for homes that are visually appealing and therefore you need to make considerable effort to ensure that your home looks welcoming. Pay attention to the interior as well as exterior so that your home looks well-kept. Below are some tips that can help you in preparing your home for sale in Killeen, TX:
- Remove all your personal items: Keeping artifacts, personal mementoes or family photographs can distract the buyers and dissuade them from buying the property. A customer always wants to picture himself living in the house and therefore it is important to de-personalize it.
- De-clutter the house: Clean all the kitchen counters and discard any unused items in the shelves or cupboards. Stack away all the books from the bookshelves and pack any other material such as shoes and old magazines etc. to be kept obscured from the potential buyers. Your house must look spick and span to leave a good first impression on the buyer.
- Add a fresh coat of paint: Adding a fresh coat of paint to the interior and exterior walls can give a fresh look to your home. It is best not to use bold color tones as not everyone likes them. Instead, opt for neutral shades such as whites and pastels to make your house look spacious.
- Have ample natural light: All the windows and curtains should be opened to allow maximum natural light inside your home. If a buyer visits during night, make sure you turn on all the lights to give a roomy look to the home.
- Replace old fixtures: Look into your bathroom and kitchen to replace any old fixtures. Small repairs can go a long way in uplifting the interiors of your home. For instance, you can have new faucets and hinges in your kitchen. You can even replace the bathroom cabinets and bathtub to make it look refurbished.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help to sell your home in Killeen. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
Being a successful landlord not just involves finding good tenants and ensuring long-term occupancy, but also calls for getting maximum returns out of the rental property. Following some simple steps to increase the demand of the property can help you attract a larger pool of potential tenants and fetch a higher rent. Here are some tips which will ensure an increase in the cash flow for your rental home in Killeen:
- Check the rent: Look for the homes available for rent in your area and compare the rent quoted by their owners. It is important to be realistic while setting the rent to make sure that you find tenants quickly. Quoting a price too high or low than the current market price may drive away the potential tenants.
- Advertize correctly: When you list your property, make sure you highlight all the positive features that may interest the potential tenants. A good location, open floor plan, proximity to workplace, schools and shopping malls, designated parking space etc. are some amenities you must specify in the rental listing.
- Keep the property well-maintained: The most obvious way to make your home look worthy of the asking rent is to keep it in the best possible condition. Invest in its regular upkeep and functioning so your property looks attractive inside out.
- Be a good landlord: One way to retain good tenants is to be proactive in attending to their repair and maintenance needs in the home. You can even conduct regular home inspections to identify any problems that need to be repaired.
- Rent a furnished house: If your rental home is equipped with basic amenities like a refrigerator, beds, furniture and kitchen utilities, you can attract tenants as they do not have to shift all these items. These items can also allow you to charge a little bit extra as the rent component.
There are well experienced real estate agents in Killeen that can assist you in devising strategies to increase your rental income. They are well versed with the current property trends and also suggest you ways to maintain your rental home to attract good tenants.
Contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. if you are looking to rent your home in Killeen, TX. For more information about the services offered, you can call at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
If you have a pet and are looking to rent a house in Killeen, TX, there are certain points that you need to be considerate about. Every landlord has various rules and restrictions when renting their home to pet owners. You need to make sure that you understand all the terms and conditions specified in the agreement.
It is important to be proactive in your search for a pet-friendly rental home so that you are able to find the best home suiting your requirements. Browse through the Internet or sift through local newspapers to know about the available options.
Below are some useful tips for tenants looking for a pet-friendly rental home in Killeen:
- Inquire about pet rental: Most of the landlords charge additional rental fees in case you have pets. Some apartment communities also levy security deposit to cover any damage that the pet may cause to the rental property. Make sure you are aware about this expenses before signing the lease. Also check if the amount will be refunded when you move out.
- Question about any constraints: Check if the landlord has any restrictions on the type of pets allowed in the house. Certain dog breeds are considered to be more violent as compared to others and thus, are not preferred by many landlords. So, you need to be doubly sure about this aspect before signing the lease agreement.
- Communicate honestly: Make sure you are open and honest while communicating with the landlord. Convince him that you are a responsible pet owner and your pet will not cause any damage to the property. You may bring along letters of reference from previous landlords to reassure the landlord that he is making the right decision.
- Additional charges and separate pet policies: Some property owners require the tenants to pay additional charges for carpet cleaning and removal of pet odors. Apart from this, pet owners must follow the rules and regulations to ensure the safety of all those living in the neighborhood. Read the lease carefully to understand all the points clearly.
People looking for a pet friendly rental home in Killeen, TX can contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. for assistance. We offer an extensive listing of rental homes available in multiple locations across the city. For more information, feel free to call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
As a tenant, you need to be aware of your rights as this will help to protect your privacy and avoid any sort of hassles. You also need to be careful before signing the lease agreement while renting a home in Ft Hood, TX. Understand all the terms and conditions as well as clear your doubts with the landlord before signing on the dotted line.
Listed below are various tips that you should keep in mind while renting a house:
- Get everything in written: In order to avoid any legal hassles or misunderstandings later on, you must get everything in written beforehand. Keep copies of all the important documents with you so as to avoid trouble. All your oral communication with the landlord regarding the repair work, rent terms or anything associated with the rental property must be mentioned in a written contract.
- Carefully inspect the rental unit before moving in: Before you move in to the rental home, make sure you inspect it thoroughly and bring it to the notice of the landlord. You can even take pictures of the property and inform your landlord about the repair work needed prior to moving in.
- Get rent receipts: As per the law, the landlord is required to give you duly signed rent receipts every month. Also, you must keep a copy of the check you send to your landlord for rent payment. Make sure you retain all the payment documents. If you pay the rent online, maintain a record of all the monthly transactions.
- Know about your privacy rights: If you are concerned about your privacy or would not available at the home at all times, you need to discuss it with the landlord in advance. Be aware of your privacy rights and request your landlord to give you a prior notice whenever he wants to visit the rental unit.
- Buy a good renters insurance policy: It is imperative that you buy a renters insurance policy that provides coverage for your belongings in the home. Also make sure that the landlord’s homeowners insurance covers any sort of damage to your rental home.
Contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. to find a well-maintained rental home in Ft. Hood, TX. For details, call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
Buying a home is a huge financial investment. You need to research thoroughly to make a well-informed decision regarding purchasing a property in Killeen, TX. Whether you are a novice or an experienced buyer, you have to be careful during the entire process.
Here are a few factors you should consider before buying a home in Killeen:
- Analyze your requirements: You should assess your requirements before beginning the search for a home. The size, type of property, number of bedrooms and other requirements should be analyzed before buying a house.
- Know your budget: Evaluate all the costs such as home maintenance, insurance, mortgage, real estate taxes etc. and chalk out your budget accordingly. Make sure you buy a house that falls within your predetermined price range. If you are planning to take a home loan, ascertain that you will be able to pay the monthly installments without burdening your pocket.
- Boost your credit score: Your credit score plays a crucial role in approval of a loan. You may easily get a home loan if you have paid all your debts on time and have a good credit rating.
- Check out the location: Check whether the house is situated in a good location with close proximity to workplace, schools, parks, malls and other amenities. Also make sure the neighborhood is safe and has a low crime rate.
- Save for down payments: You may consider limiting your expenses and starting to save for a few months depending upon the value of the house. It may help you to pay the down payment.
- Inspect the house: If you are buying a furnished house, a thorough inspection must be conducted to ensure all the electrical appliances are in working condition. Check the wiring as well as any plumbing issues and ask the seller to get them fixed.
- Understand the contract: Make sure you spend ample time to go through the clauses included in the agreement. It is important to clarify your doubts before signing the final deal.
- Seek professional assistance: You may even seek the help of a real estate agent for buying a home in Killeen. He may provide you complete guidance right from searching a home to closing the deal.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you find a suitable home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
As a landlord, it is imperative to keep your property in an optimal condition so that it attracts prospective tenants and continues to fetch a good rent. A well-kept property is less likely to remain vacant for a long period of time. Just before you list your home for rent in Killeen, TX, ensure that you have done your bit to make it look inviting.
Here are some economical tips to increase the value of your rental property:
- Give it a fresh paint: Giving the walls a fresh burst of colors can revive the entire look of your home. Choose light colors that add a feeling of space to your interiors. On tiled walls, gentle scrubbing can be done to remove all stains, particularly in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Focus on outdoors: To make the garden look clean, make sure you trim overgrown bushes and remove all weeds. Level the fencing around the area. Porch and driveway must be cleaned thoroughly as these areas build the first impression on the prospective tenants.
- Remove heavy furniture, if any: If you are renting a furnished home, the best way to make it look open and big is to remove or re-arrange heavy furniture items that may be blocking windows and walking passages. Keep them away in the garage or attic so that the tenants can move around the house comfortably.
- Clean the carpets: Deep clean your carpets to get rid of any dust, dirt or foul odors. It is a low cost chore but goes a long way in increasing the value of your home. Check if there are chipped patches of tiled or wooden flooring and get them repaired before the tenant visits your property.
- Check all electronic appliances: Check all the appliances to make sure that they are in proper working order. Scrub them to give a neat and clean look. If any appliance is not working properly, replace or get it repaired before the tenant arrives.
- Fix leakages: Check all bathrooms and kitchen for leaking taps. Fix any drainage problems and ensure everything is in order. Also, check for any leaks in the basement and attic so that they can be fixed before posing a bigger problem.
If you are planning to rent your home in Killeen, TX, contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. Call at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542 for details.
Understanding and adhering to the landlord-tenant laws go a long way in maintaining hassle free relationships between the two consenting parties. The law allows significant rights to the landlord and imposes several responsibilities towards the property and the tenant to make sure that the renting process is carried out smoothly. In order to minimize disputes, it is important to have complete knowledge of the legal responsibilities as a landlord:
- Anti-discrimination laws: While a landlord in Texas has the right to reject any tenant on the grounds of poor credit history, negative references, track record of late rent payments etc., there are regulations that restrict an individual to be denied tenancy. These include an applicant’s race, culture, religion etc. Hence, it is important to not ask them such questions during interview or include such discriminatory questions in the application form.
- Understand State law rules: Ample information is available on various online sources or with local real estate agents regarding every state’s laws pertaining to rental properties. It is important to gather complete knowledge so you can act accordingly and save yourself from legal hassles in the long run.
- Security deposit: One must know that the law specifies certain circumstances and time period for the security deposit to be returned by the landlord. Both during the tenant moving in or out, it becomes simpler to know the rules regarding this aspect to avoid confusions.
- Maintain your property well: In Texas, it is legally required that you keep the rental home well-maintained so that the tenants can live comfortably. For instance, if you are delaying or avoiding essential repairs, you may be penalized for the same.
- Legal contract is necessary: Rental agreement is a must and should contain every single point that the landlord has agreed upon with the tenant. The duration of the lease, maintenance responsibilities, amount of rent, mode of payment etc. must be documented in a formal agreement signed by both parties.
- Make legal disclosures: It is also important to note down all the tenant rights in the contract. For instance, what a tenant is entitled to if necessary repairs are not made on time or in case of an injury suffered by the the occupants due to a faulty appliance installed by the landlord.
- Follow procedures for eviction and termination of contracts: State laws clearly specify rules and regulations by which tenants can be evicted from the rental property. For instance, notice has to be given if they do not pay their rent over a certain period of time. One must be aware of these rules so later on there aren’t any delays in executing termination policy.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. is a leading real estate firm serving Killeen, TX. We can assist you in renting your home easily and quickly. For more information, you can call at (254) 699 – 7003.
The first impression of a rental home speaks volumes about it. It is important to stage your rental property well to entice more tenants. Staging will not help to rent the home faster but also boost its value. Here are some tips to help you stage your Killeen rental home:
- Spruce up the landscape: In order to make your home more inviting, you need to enhance its curb appeal. Having a well-maintained lawn with blooming flowers can attract more potential tenants. You can even install outdoor lighting to illuminate thee
- ara during night.
- Cleanliness: All the essential items in the house including the carpets, curtains, upholstery etc. should be thoroughly cleaned. Make sure every corner of the rooms is dirt free and spotless.
- Declutter: You can discard the items which are not required in your home as the unnecessary pile can take up a lot of space. Also avoid displaying your personal items such as family photos, souvenirs etc. to the potential renters. Instead, you can keep some decorative pieces of art to improve the aesthetic appeal of the house.
- Neutral colors: Painting the walls with neutral colors can make the room look spacious. You can even consider renovating the cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms to improve their visual appearance.
- Maximize space: If you have a small home, you can make the most out of the available space by using smart storage solutions. Consider buying built-in cabinets as they can help in maximizing the space and giving a spacious look to your room.
- Well-maintained home: Make sure all the cracks and crevices in the windows as well as doors are repaired. The electrical appliances and furniture should be in good condition. Also repair any leaky plumbing fixtures before showing your home to the prospective tenants.
- Accessories: Various accessories such as artwork, lamps, sculptures, chandeliers etc. can be used to improve the aesthetic appeal of your home and make it more welcoming for the tenants. You can even consider using decorative mirrors and wall frames to accessorize your home.
- Seek professional help: You can even seek professional assistance for staging your rental home in Killeen. A property manager can suggest the necessary improvements that can boost the value of your rental property.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can assist in staging your rental home in Killeen, TX. For more information, call us at (254) 699-7003 or visit 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
Buying a house can be a daunting task as it requires careful research and ample planning. It does not matter whether you are newbie or an experienced buyer, it always helps to have a checklist ready so you do not end up making mistakes while choosing the house that best suits your needs.
Listed below are some factors that you may consider before buying a home in Killeen:
- Set a budget and stick to it: Based on your existing and future financial position, draw up a budget that you will stick to when purchasing a house. The size, location, proximity to civic areas, neighborhood are factors that you must pre decide and zero down on a property accordingly.
- Determine the cost of the house: Evaluate the total cost of the house to determine if it suits your budget. The registration charges, stamp duty, mortgage fee, insurance etc. are some of the expenses that you must include in the cost of the house and then compare it with the pre-decided budget in your mind.
- Strengthen your credit score: If you are planning to take a home loan, it is best to start working on your credit score so you can get the maximum advantage in the deal. Pay your bills in time and keep your credit rating good as they will help in getting better rates.
- Save for down payment: At least a year before you start looking for a property, keep aside a fixed amount every month towards the down payment of your own home. This will ease out the financial burden when you finally find the property that you want to buy.
- Inspect the house thoroughly: Inspect the house to check if ceiling, floor, walls, porch, garden and other parts of the house are in good condition. If there is any repair or maintenance work required, bring it to the knowledge of the seller and ask him to get the work done before closing the deal.
Online listings can help you shortlist the right properties suiting your requirements. You may also Get in touch with a real estate agent and eliminate all hassles to ensure peace of mind.
For assistance buying a home in Killeen, TX, feel free to contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. at (254) 699 – 7003.
Home inspection must be undertaken by every responsible landlord to make sure their home is in good condition and can be handed over to the next occupants. This may be carried out within the tenure of the existing tenants or at the end of the lease period. In either case, it is an opportunity to identify the minor issues before they pose to be bigger problems.
Below is a checklist that every landlord may refer to before renting out his home:
- Walls: Tenants may have made holes into your walls to hang pictures and paintings. If the holes are small, they may not be difficult to take care of. However, if they are big, you may ask the tenant to get them covered up before they leave your premises.
- Flooring: The tenant may have kept heavy furniture on your floor or a pet that has caused damage to it. Burns, scratches, stains and rip offs are some of the common problems with the floor. Point them out to your tenant and get the repair work done before the entire flooring needs to get changed.
- Bugs and rodents: Check the attics and lofts for any rodent or bug infestation. If the house has a damp smell, chances of infestation is higher. Get rid of the cause of this occurrence immediately.
- Leakages: Inspect all fittings to see if there are any leakages in taps or pipes. Carefully examine the drainage system so there are no blockages as this may lead to overflowing and spoil your interiors.
- Outdoor area: If you have a garden, make sure it is well maintained by the tenants. Check for overgrowing shrubs, under irrigated patches of land to ensure your garden remains in proper condition.
- Fire and safety hazards: If there is any damage to the house or the tenant suffers an injury, you may be held liable for the damage. Check all fire safety equipment and alarms to avoid any kind of accidents.
Property inspection must be carried out after duly informing the tenant in advance. One may get a camera at the time of inspection to record the condition of the home as per the mutually agreed contract between the landlord and the tenant.
The property managers at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. conduct regular inspections to make sure that your rental home is in top condition. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.