When you are hunting for a rental home, there are many things that will help you arrive at a logical decision. When there are a number of choices and you are confused between deciding on the perfect one, take care of the following points to choose the most ideal property suiting your pocket and requirements.
- Set a budget: It is important to set an upper limit for how much rent you can pay every month. Getting lured by a property and agreeing on a rent that is above your budget may not be a good idea in the long run. You should also determine beforehand the size and other features in the house that you will settle for.
- Research: Research the neighborhood to determine if the asking price of the landlord is fair. A good way to do this is to find out the price of a similar property which was rented out in recent past. Considering other factors that are essential for you like distance from work, climate of the place, proximity to public utilities, limit your research to the area that you like the most.
- Additional costs: In addition to the monthly payout, you need to consider the additional costs involving documentation, taxes, property maintenance etc. Ask the landlord for all the monthly overheads and accordingly decide if the place will be suitable to your needs.
- Inspect every property: Always insist on having a walk through the property. Thoroughly check the walls, electrical appliances, kitchen sinks, bathroom fixtures etc. and bring every issue to the notice of the landlord so he can get it fixed before you move in.
- Hire an expert: One may also consider hiring a real estate agent who can help you shortlist the most suitable rental home. He can also assist you with all documentation and operations to ensure the process is carried smoothly.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you find a rental home in Killeen, TX. Our real estate agents will analyze your requirements and shortlist homes that suit your budget and needs. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
The real estate market in Killeen, TX has witnessed a tremendous increase in demand for pet-friendly homes in the last decade. Thus, by letting your rental home to tenants with pets, you will not only open your property to a wider pool of tenants, but also encourage them to stay for a longer duration. Making your rental home pet-friendly requires a lot of deliberation. You should make flexible policies and formulate a ‘pet agreement’. Get this agreement duly signed by your tenants along with the lease documents before they move into your home.
Here are some of the benefits of making a rental property pet-friendly:
- Increase in number of tenants: By allowing pets on your property, you can increase the number of potential tenants. This will give you more options to choose the most suitable occupants for your property. Also, due to the limited number of pet-friendly rentals available in Killeen, you can significantly increase the demand of your property in the market.
- Financial benefits: You can increase the returns from your investment property if you have a pet-friendly rental. Monthly pet charges and rent make up for a good amount of money. Pets are considered as a part of the family and the tenants are always willing to find the best place to live with them.
- Get a pet inspection fee: As a landlord, you can charge a one-time pet inspection fee from your tenant. The inspection includes registering the pet with the property, clicking the pet’s picture, keeping copies of the veterinary records and taking a DNA sample.
Tips to make your property pet-friendly:
- State the terms and conditions: Clearly mention in your pet agreement about the category of pets and breeds you will allow in your property. You also need to specify the number of pets you will permit.
- Be aware about the laws: Every state has its own laws regarding pet-friendly rentals. You must be aware of these laws in order to avoid any trouble in the future. Educate yourself about how much ‘pet deposit’ you can impose on the tenant.
- Pet-friendly interior: You can have pet-friendly flooring in your home that can be easily cleaned and is resistant to scratches. For instance, hardwood flooring or ceramic tile flooring is a good option if you have a dog.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help to make your rental home pet-friendly. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
A number of homeowners are turning into landlords by renting out their properties. It not only helps them keep their additional property occupied and maintained, but also generate a consistent income. If you are planning to rent out your home, there are a lot of factors that must be considered in order to streamline the entire process.
Here are some tips that can help to rent your home:
- Be prepared to handle the responsibility: Being a landlord is an obligation that you should be prepared to handle. Though it comes with a lot of monetary benefits, you also have certain responsibilities such as maintaining the house, carrying out required repairs, collecting rent and ensuring that the tenants are living comfortably in the rental home.
- Prepare the house: In order to attract the attention of potential tenants, you need to stage your house efficiently. You should clean the house thoroughly, fix any leaking fixtures, repair the electrical appliances and make sure that proper safety features are installed. To boost the demand of the house, you can consider adding certain desirable amenities such as washer, dryer, central air conditioning, garage etc.
- Advertize the house: You need to market your house effectively for maximum exposure in the rental market. You can post advertizements in the local newspaper, credible websites or other reliable sources. By marketing your property in the right manner, you can increase your chances of attaining occupancy in a much lesser time.
- Hire professionals: Professional real estate agents are well-versed with the laws and procedures of renting. They can help to streamline the entire process and increase returns from your rental property. They will assist you with property marketing, tenant screening, lease preparation etc.
- Determine rent amount: You must set a competitive rent amount for your property. Check out the rent quoted by similar properties in your locality or surrounding areas. Overpricing or underpricing your rental home can drive off many potential tenants.
- Screen the tenants cautiously: Before you rent out the house, make sure you screen the tenants and check their background. Get in touch with their employer or previous landlords to get a better idea about their temperament and conduct. You should also verify their credit history to ensure that they will be able to pay the rent on time,
If you are planning to rent your home in Killeen, TX, contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
When selling your home during the fall season, you can take advantage of a reduced competition due to a fewer number of homes available for sale. Proper planning and efficient home staging can help you go through the process quite smoothly. If you present your home well to the prospective buyers, you stand a good chance of signing a profitable deal.
Here are some tips that can help to sell your home during the fall:
- Conduct thorough home inspection: You need to make sure your home looks impeccable and all the electronic devices function well. Perform all the maintenance tasks well ahead of putting your home for sale. Check all the gadgets as well as the kitchen cabinets. Get a fresh coat of paint on the walls of your home for a neat look. De-clutter and do not stack any unrequired furniture items in the living room. This will give a spacious and airy look to your house.
- Attractive landscaping/exteriors: An eye-catching landscape and garden is a great way to increase the curb appeal of your property. Make sure you clean all the fallen leaves and remove dead plants so that your lawn looks beautiful. There should not be any mold or mildew on the deck. You can also consider beautifying the exterior with some seasonal and decorative plants to give a welcoming feel to the prospective buyers.
- Appropriate pricing: Before deciding on the price for your home, you should analyze the current real estate trends and the price quoted by other similar properties in your area. Overpricing or underpricing can drive off many potential buyers. You can hire a real estate agent for expert guidance in this regard.
- Embrace the fall season: As fall season is marked by festivities, including Halloween and Thanksgiving, you can adjust the theme of your home in consonance with the holiday season. However, you need to make sure that you don’t overdo it. Just add the decor that complements the fall season beautifully.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help to sell on your home in Killeen, TX. Our real estate agents will find the most suitable buyers and make sure that the deal is closed at an appropriate price. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 - 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
If you are planning to rent a home, you might be confused between choosing an apartment or a duplex. Though both of them have their advantages and disadvantages, you have to select the one that perfectly suits your budget, needs and lifestyle.
Here are the pros and cons of each of these housing options:
Apartments have always been a favorable option for people who are looking for an affordable home to rent.
- No maintenance: The maintenance of the apartments is the responsibility of the landlord. Therefore, you do not have to worry about any repair work. You only need to inform the landlord about any maintenance issues and he will get them fixed in a timely manner.
- Less expensive: Apartments are a good option for people who are on a limited budget for monthly rent payments. Also, most apartments are equipped with the electrical appliances and other necessary conveniences, which further cut down the costs
- Amenities: Apartment buildings generally offer a wide array of amenities which might not be available in a duplex. These may include gym, swimming pool, covered parking, communal barbeques etc.
- Constricted living space: Since an apartment is smaller as compared to a normal house, you have a limited space to live in. There is no segregation of rooms and there is no provision to add an extension.
- Limited privacy: With a small living space, you may face privacy issues in an apartment. Due to a shared wall and physically closer units, your voice can easily reach the apartment next door and vice versa.
- Restrictions on personalization: There may be restrictions on personalization in an apartment building. So, you cannot repaint or remodel anything without the consent of the landlord.
A duplex is basically a single home that is divided into two apartments with separate entrances. It offers a good sized home at a considerably affordable rent.
- Outdoor space: Duplexes may have split yards on the front as well as back side. You can utilize this space to spend leisure time or host outdoor parties. You can even make your own vegetable garden in this space.
- Affordable: Duplexes are an affordable option because you can share the monthly rent payment with another tenant.
- Less sharing: All the amenities have to be shared between people living in an apartment complex. However, this is not the case if you live in a duplex. You can get your own driveway, garage and lawn close to your side of the duplex.
- Tenant conflicts: Since you do not know who will be renting the other side of the duplex, there is a possibility of conflicts with the tenants. There could be noise issues and this can make living side-by-side a difficult proposition.
- Divided yard: The backyard and front yard have to be shared with the other tenants. This can sometimes cause unnecessary hassles. For instance, you might have a pet that can make the other tenant uncomfortable.
- More Responsibilities: While living in a duplex, the responsibility for property maintenance is to be borne by the tenant.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., offer affordable duplexes and apartments for rent in Fort Hood, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Although the needs of tenants differ, but there are certain common things that make certain rental properties more desirable to them. For every landlord or property manager, it is essential to understand what common amenities tenants often look for in a property. This understanding helps them upgrade their rental units to include what the tenants value and thus, increase occupancy and get quality tenants. Here are some common amenities that tenants look for in a rental home.
- Walk ability: While looking for a rental property, most of the people want everything at a walk able distance. People want to use their cars less, so they want everything in proximity. Be it markets, food and entertainment, their jobs, access to public transport, parks, schools, etc. So, the tenants desire any property that offers these features.
- Updated properties: Tenants appreciate if the rental property is renovated and well equipped with all the latest features. Though tenants understand that the rental properties are pre-used, but they prefer clean and renovated properties. With so many new properties coming up in the already competent market, it is even more important to renovate the houses specially bathrooms and kitchen.
- Dedicated parking and garages: Another facility that tenants often seek is dedicated parking spots included in the rental properties. Having garage is an additional benefit, as it eliminates any parking issues. Moreover, the tenants can use their garages as extra storage space.
- Pet approved property: Most of the tenants have pets these days, so they seek pet-friendly properties. The landlords can charge pet deposit according to the state law to cover any damages caused by the pet.
- Storage facilities: Tenants often have a lot of stuff, so they seek a large number of closets and extra storage space. This helps them keep their things organized and their homes clutter free. The rental homes must have ample of storage space and closets. Having a garage or a basement can be a bonus.
- Laundry facilities: Tenants seek a rental unit with a washer and dryer so that they do not have to go out for laundry. If the washer and dryer are not there in the home, then at least there should be a coin operated laundry machine onsite.
- Common area facilities: Tenants are ready to pay more if they get some common area facilities such as swimming pool, jogging tracks, play areas, fitness center, sports facilities for kids, and other facilities.
- Safety: One of the most important features that tenants often seek in a rental property is safety. They want their families and belongings to be safe; therefore, they look for houses that have added safety features such as proper outdoor lighting, smoke detectors, fire alarms, emergency exits, bars on windows and quality locks on the doors, etc.
By knowing what the tenants seek, you can offer more desirable rental properties.
Selling your home in a rigorously cutthroat real estate market is not an easy feat. You need to thoroughly equip yourself with the right kind of information to make home-selling an easy task. There are certain factors that need to be kept in mind before you put up your home for sale. Some of these have been listed below:
- Property Presentation: Before putting up your home for sale on various online listings, it is imperative to ensure that your home is in the best condition. You can consider hiring a home inspector who will thoroughly check the property and suggest if any improvement or repair work is required. You should make your home ‘ready-to-move-in’ as this is what most of the buyers look for.
- Know The Market Trends: You need to be thoroughly aware about the trends prevalent in the local real estate market. You should also consider the price quoted by other similar properties in the area to estimate the value of your home. If needed, you can get in touch with a real estate professional to gain important information about the same.
- Hire Real Estate Agent: You should choose a real estate agent who is experienced in reputed in the field. He should also have a good track record of selling homes in your area.
- Pricing The Home: A correctly priced home will attract a lot of buyers and help in selling the house quickly. Overpricing or underpricing will not only make your home lag behind in the market but also make it less appealing to the buyers.
- Negotiation: Apart from judging the correct pricing, be prepared to negotiate the cost of your home. For this, you need prior planning so that you don’t end up losing a good deal for minor issues. Being flexible will work in your favor. Again, take the help of your real estate professional in this matter.
- Marketing: Choosing the right advertizing medium can also help you attract prospective buyers. You can consider marketing your property through various online listings or local newspapers for maximum exposure in the real estate market.
- Flexible Visiting Times: Potential buyers should be able to view your home at any time of the day without any interruptions. You should not too many put restrictions on the timings as this will hamper the process of home-selling. Let the prospective customers have a thorough look around your home to dispel any doubts. Also, you must be able to handle their queries in a confident manner.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you sell your home in Killeen. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
Owning a rental property is a profitable business and a good source of income. You should use the correct strategies to make sure that you invite quality and long term tenants. This can be quite difficult if you have another full time job or other personal commitments. Given here are certain tips that will help you ensure maximum tenancy and returns from your rental property:
- Visual appeal: It is imperative to de-clutter the house, beautify it and add amenities to attract potential tenants. You can paint the outer walls and maintain the landscape to improve the curb appeal of the house. You can consider hiring the services of a professional property management company to prepare your house for staging.
- Advertizement: You should reach out to potential tenants by marketing your property through effective mediums like an online listing and local newspaper. You can also advertize your property through licensed real estate agents in your area.
- Screen tenants: You need to check the tenant for credit rating, rental history and criminal record. Once you have done the checks and everything seems satisfactory, the tenant can rent your property. You should try to complete the process as soon as possible to ensure quick tenancy.
- Rental amount: You must determine a competitive monthly rent after researching the rent of similar properties in your location. Quoting too high or low rent can put off most potential tenants.
- Inspect your home: You should ensure that all appliances, plumbing and electrical fixtures are in proper working condition. If the property requires any repairing, it should be done before making the property available for viewing.
- Safety: You should improve the safety features in the property to appeal to a larger audience. Installing fire alarms, changing the locks and smoke detectors can promote the property as a safe living place. You can also equip the kitchen with a fire extinguisher and sprinkler.
- Pet friendly: Many tenants search for a home that is pet friendly. Therefore, by allowing tenants by pets, you can considerably increase your home’s demand in the rental market. You can specify the type of pets allowed and mention these instructions in the rental agreement.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., provide property management services in Fort Hood, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Finding a rental home is a time consuming and challenging task. However, by searching for a rental home online, the experience can be made easier and hassle free. You can easily search for a home based on features, price, geological location and amenities. The rental home listings have details about the property, images and diagrams of the floor plans, which assist in narrowing down your search.
Here are some tips for finding the most suitable rental home online:
- Set a budget: Most of the listings sort out the properties based on the rent prices. Thus, deciding a budget can help you find a rental home quickly. You should consider other expenses involved such as parking, furniture, furnishings, maintenance etc.
- Assess your needs: Before you begin your search you should decide on the type of house you need, locality, amenities, neighborhood, proximity to school, office, mall, transportation facilities etc. Having set priorities will help you narrow down your search online.
- Filter the search: To find an appropriate rental home you can filter the search based on your preference.
- Check the images: The listings should provide quality images of both exterior as well as interior areas of the properties. Images clicked from various angles can provide better insight of the rental property.
- Check availability: As most prospective tenants search for the rental properties online, can be booked quickly. You should contact the property owner to verify the availability of the house and if it is still on the market, you can book an appointment to inspect the house.
- Check application fee: While applying for a rental home online, you should inquire about any application charges or fees involved.
- Pick a reliable website: Make sure you choose a website that has an extensive database and a number of search options. The website must offer updated status and include new properties regularly.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you find the perfect rental home online. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
If you are looking for a rental home, there are a lot of options that you might come across, such as an apartment, a duplex or a single-family home. The tenants who want a more private, comfortable and spacious place often prefer a single-family home because of its various benefits, which have been stated below:
- More space: One of the biggest incentives of single-family homes is that they are larger as compared to the apartments. Being constructed in a small space, apartments are usually congested and small; whereas, a single family home has spacious rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, and closets. Besides, it also offers ample of outdoor space, which can be used for many purposes. In apartments, people often have to share the outdoor spaces and they cannot personalize the yards or patios. However, in a home, a tenant can grow plants and use the yard as desired.
- More privacy: If you like having privacy and living without any disturbance, then single-family home is the best option for you. Living in an apartment can be difficult, as there are tenants on either side and you can easily hear voices from other units. The problem can become worse if the neighbors have children who make loud noises. A single-family home offers you complete privacy. You do not have to worry about playing loud music or watching a movie late at night.
- Parking: If you have more than one car or you frequently receive guests, you can get enough parking space in a single family home. The apartments often provide one parking slot or a few visitors parking spaces, which may create problems for you or your guests.
- Personalization: You can easily personalize a single-family home to suit your lifestyle. Whereas apartment building owners usually do not allow the tenants to make any changes or customize the unit. In a single family home, you have the freedom to pain the flowers, plant flowerbeds or do several things that can help you feel at home.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. provides and extensive listing of single family homes for rent in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.