If you are looking for a rental home, there are a lot of options that you might come across, such as an apartment, a duplex or a single-family home. The tenants who want a more private, comfortable and spacious place often prefer a single-family home because of its various benefits, which have been stated below:
- More space: One of the biggest incentives of single-family homes is that they are larger as compared to the apartments. Being constructed in a small space, apartments are usually congested and small; whereas, a single family home has spacious rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, and closets. Besides, it also offers ample of outdoor space, which can be used for many purposes. In apartments, people often have to share the outdoor spaces and they cannot personalize the yards or patios. However, in a home, a tenant can grow plants and use the yard as desired.
- More privacy: If you like having privacy and living without any disturbance, then single-family home is the best option for you. Living in an apartment can be difficult, as there are tenants on either side and you can easily hear voices from other units. The problem can become worse if the neighbors have children who make loud noises. A single-family home offers you complete privacy. You do not have to worry about playing loud music or watching a movie late at night.
- Parking: If you have more than one car or you frequently receive guests, you can get enough parking space in a single family home. The apartments often provide one parking slot or a few visitors parking spaces, which may create problems for you or your guests.
- Personalization: You can easily personalize a single-family home to suit your lifestyle. Whereas apartment building owners usually do not allow the tenants to make any changes or customize the unit. In a single family home, you have the freedom to pain the flowers, plant flowerbeds or do several things that can help you feel at home.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. provides and extensive listing of single family homes for rent in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
Picking up the most suitable housing option can be exciting yet confusing at the same time. Whether you are a first timer or a repeat buyer, it is important that you feel contented with your decision and live peacefully in the home that you have bought. You should give a careful consideration to the pros and cons of each of the options before making the final choice.
Here are some of the factors that can help you choose the right housing option:
Location: The location of the house should be your foremost consideration during the search process. Decide whether you are looking to live in a quiet surrounding in the suburbs or amidst the hustle and bustle of the city. Take a stroll around the locality and see if it is suitable according to your lifestyle and needs. Families having children should make sure that the home has a playground or recreational facility nearby.
Education: You should also contemplate upon the educational facilities available in and near the area. Check if the house has an adjacent school or college and if it meets your quality standards. You must also evaluate the distance and traveling time to the school from your house.
Neighbors: During your visit to the house, you can try and talk to the neighbors about the previous owners or the locality. This way, you will also get to know them and have an idea if they are friendly or like to stay withdrawn.
Crime Rate: Before deciding to buy a house, it is critical that you verify the crime rate in the area. The local police department can easily provide this data. You should also determine if the locality meets the necessary safety standards, night lighting and security alarms to combat the criminal activities.
Commuting Distances: You must also think through the commuting distance to work, school, shopping mall and grocery store while choosing a housing option.
Real Estate Trends: The real estate market of the area should also be an important deciding factor. You must ascertain that the house you are going to buy has a good resale value and is situated in a location preferred by most buyers.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., provide affordable and quality housing options in Fort Hood, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
The process of searching for a rental home can be time consuming and challenging. It is essential to analyze your preferences and requirements in order to search for a suitable property that is within your budget. However, it is advisable to hire a professional real estate company to make the process easier and hassle free.
Here is a stepwise approach to assist you in searching for a rental home that perfectly fits your requirements:
- Determine your budget: Before setting out on your search for a rental home, you must take the time and analyze your estimated budget. Ideally, your monthly rental should not exceed about 30 percent of your salary. In addition to rent, you also need to set aside finances for utilities, Internet, parking, laundry, moving and furnishing your home. Deciding your budget can help you shortlist the suitable properties in lesser time.
- Decide the important features: These may include the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, storage space, outdoors area, kitchen and electronic appliances, parking space, garage etc. However, you must differentiate between amenities that are essential and those that are optional.
- Choose a type of property: In order to make your search process more streamlined, you should also decide on the type of property that you want to rent. You can select from homes, duplexes, townhouses, condominiums, apartments etc.
- Research the area: It is extremely important to be aware of the geographic location of the home that you want to rent. You should walk around the house to analyze the locality, security arrangements and neighborhood. Proximity to grocery stores, playgrounds, workplace, schools and transportation services can also be important in making the decision.
- Inspect the house: It is imperative to make sure that the house to decide to rent is well maintained and up-to-date. You should check the house for cleanliness, types of appliances and facilities provided, the quality of furniture and upholstery in the house and the condition of kitchen.
- Hire an agent: It is recommended that you hire a professional real estate agent as he can help you negotiate a fair priced deal, handle the legalities and important paperwork on your behalf.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you search an affordable rental home in Fort Hood, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Staging a rental home in a professional manner is essential to attract quality tenants. In order to ensure regular and hassle free tenancy you must inspect and make some changes in your property.
Here are some tips to help you prepare your rental home for a showing:
- Ensure the rental home is clean: Responsible tenants prefer homes that are clutter free and well maintained. Thus, you must make sure that you organize the pantries, garage, closets and cabinets of the property. Make sure the shelves in the bathroom and kitchen are clean. You should de-personalize the property and remove any photos or memorabilia from the house.
- Check the plumbing: Tenants often check the water pressure or flush the toilet to ensure that all the plumbing fixtures are functional. They usually want to ensure that the drainage system works properly and there are no leakages. Thoroughly, inspect the plumbing of the house and ensure that there are no leaks.
- Clean the carpets: Pet stains, mold and mildew pose health hazards while causing foul smell in the carpet. You should vacuum the carpet regularly and get professional cleaning periodically. Proper cleaning of carpets and curtains ensures a healthy environment.
- Repaint the walls: If your previous tenant occupied the property for long, then you may have to repaint the rental home and patch out any holes.
- Ensure safety: To assure safe surroundings, make sure all the doors and windows operate properly and all the locks work. You can even consider replacing the lock if it is old or not working properly. Check all the lights including exterior lights so that the potential tenant can feel safe. You must also ensure that the smoke detectors and fire alarms are working properly.
- Check all the appliances: The tenants usually check the appliances to ensure that they are in good working condition. They can also confirm the make and model of the appliance. Old gadgets often consume more electricity and can add to the energy bills. If required, repair the appliances or replace old gadgets with newer ones.
By investing some time and money on preparing your home, you can attract good tenants and ensure constant rental income. We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you prepare your property for staging in Fort Hood, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
If you are planning to purchase a home, it is essential to inspect it thoroughly. This assists in avoiding over looking issues and repairs needed in the house. It is necessary to cover different features of the house such as insulation, roofing, electric wiring, plumbing and structural features. Homebuyers can also consider hiring the services of a professional property management company to ensure proper inspection of the house. The professional home inspector carries out detailed inspection and notices issues that can be overlooked by a buyer.
Here are some benefits of conducting in-depth home inspection before purchasing a house:
- Improvements And Repairs: You should inspect the structure, exteriors and interiors of the home. Check the walls, ceiling, roof, HVAC, plumbing, electric wiring, ventilation and insulation to determine the necessary repairs. The home inspection services provider can also prepare a detailed report for the buyer that suggests any repairs or improvements that are required in the house.
- Reveal Problems: The home inspectors are experts and aware of the common problems in homes. They help notice any costly repairs or maintenance required in the house which further helps you negotiate price with the seller. If there are some minor issues with the property, you can also ask the seller to pay for the repairs.
- Signs Of Structural Damage: A home inspector looks for all signs of damages to the house that can assist you in making the right decision and a profitable investment. Issues with the foundation of the house can help in avoiding a disastrous decision.
- Carry out Radon inspection: Radon, a radioactive element, occurs naturally over granite and is harmful in homes. A home inspection service provider carries out the tests to determine the levels of radon in the house to ensure safety.
- Plumbing and Electric Condition: You should also ensure that the plumbing fixtures, pipes and tanks are in a good condition. The electric wiring and appliances must be properly checked to avoid any safety hazards.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you search and inspect a suitable rental home in Fort Hood, TX. For more information about the services, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Regardless of the number of renal homes that you own, maintenance is of utmost importance. A number of issues can come up in rental homes, which need to be addressed on time. These may be related to the plumbing fixtures, electrical appliances, furnishings etc. In order to retain tenancy and ensure a constant income, you need to provide a satisfactory rental experience to your tenants while adequately complying with the legalities involved with maintenance responsibilities.
Here is a guide to ensure appropriate property maintenance:
- Be Prepared: Before deciding to rent out your property, you must understand that it may bring along additional maintenance expenses. However, the approximate cost would vary depending upon the age and present condition of the home. You should also be prepared to bear the repair overheads to prepare a vacant property for future tenants.
- Know The Legalities: In each state, there are certain laws determining the maintenance responsibilities that a landlord needs to fulfil. It is important that you make yourself familiar with the building codes and housing laws to avoid any hassles in the future. You must ensure that you understand your liabilities towards handling property related issues, conforming to safety norms and maintaining constant communication with the tenants.
- Get Everything In Writing: When formulating the lease agreement, make sure it states all the terms and conditions related to property maintenance. It should clearly mention the responsibilities of both landlord and the tenant. You should also give details regarding whom the tenant should contact in case any emergency repair work needed in the house.
- Ensure Tenant Satisfaction: Being a landlord, you are legally responsible to provide a safe place for your tenants to live in. The rental home should have a solid foundation, properly working appliances, secure electrical system and be free of pests. In case the tenant reports a problem, it must be addressed as soon as possible to ensure tenant satisfaction. If you do not handle repair requests quickly, your tenants may plan to end the lease, costing you additional costs in terms of longer vacancy periods.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you maintain your rental property and in turn retain tenants for a longer duration. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.
Buying a house is a challenging and daunting task for most people. As it is a substantial financial investment, one needs to take the decision after doing proper research.
Here are certain things to consider while buying a home:
- Visit the house at different times of day: This will assist in ensuring that the house is suitable and compatible to your needs at all times. The house should receive natural light throughout the day and not have a noisy neighborhood. Visiting the house will also give you the chance of checking the traffic level at different hours of the day.
- Proximity: You must also consider the proximity of the house to areas of interest such as a school, park, shopping area, public transport or your office. This will help save time and money in transportation costs.
- Check out the crime graph: Before you invest in a house in a particular area, check out the crime graph of the area. You can look through the recent newspaper for news such as cases of theft, robbery or snatching in the area. You should make sure that the area is safe and secure for your family.
- Talk to the neighbors: It is essential to know about the neighborhood before you buy a house. If possible, meet a few neighbors and discuss the positives and negatives of the area. You can also visit the neighborhood association that works for the welfare of the community.
- Get home inspection: To ensure that you a hassle free home you should get the house thoroughly inspected. You should consider hiring a professional home inspector who can help you identify any issues in the home. You should assess what needs maintenance or repair and discuss this with the property owner. You can negotiate for a lower price on the house and prepare for costs that you will incur or ask the property owner to make the repairs. You should also get inspections for pest infestation, lead paint, radon, etc.
- Ask for utility bills and recent tax bills: To estimate how much you will have to spend every month for electricity, water and other utilities, you can ask the homeowner to provide you some of the previous bills. In certain areas, the property taxes increase more frequently and you should be considering these costs while making your decision.
You need to consider many important factors when purchasing a home in Killeen. You must ensure that you do proper research and make the right investment. For more information, visit Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Buying an old home is a fascinating idea but you need to inspect the house thoroughly. This will help avoid facing hassles in the future and spending a lot of money on the repairs, renovations and maintenance. Here are certain things that you must consider when buying an old house:
- Check The Plumbing: While buying an old home it is crucial to thoroughly inspect the plumbing, as even the finest plumbing starts showing signs of deterioration after a few decades. You should also check for any visible signs of corrosion and leakages. Make sure you check the water pressure and ensure that the house does not require re-piping. You must consider hiring a professional plumber to inspect the plumbing so that you can avoid spending a lot of money to repair the plumbing.
- Check The Roof: Older roofs often start showing signs of distress, so inspect the roof and identify any existing problems. Check for weather damage, holes and layers of singles to make sure that the roof is safe. Even check the beams for damages or any evidences of fire damages. If there are signs of water damage in house, it is an indication of roof problems. You may need to repair any sagging roof and check the downspouts for any clogging and gutters for smooth water runoff.
- Check The Electrical Wiring: Inspect the electrical system and check all the outlets for fire damage. Check the wiring for any damages and if there is fuse system in the house, you may need to upgrade the system to more advanced system. Ensure that the electrical system is compatible to the latest appliances and it is safe.
- Check The Foundation: Look for any cracks in the walls, as they are signs of trouble with the foundation. Check for water damage on the walls, ceilings and floors, indicated by a crack. Large cracks in the foundations make the house weak and susceptible to damages during harsh weather.
- Look For Termite Infestation: Old houses made of wood often are infested with termite and other pests. You must thoroughly check the wood for any signs of damage to avoid spending money on the replacement. You may also need to hire an exterminator to protect the house in future.
It is recommended that one hire a home inspector before agreeing to purchase an old house to ensure a hassle free living.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., provide assistance to all our customets in finding the perfect rental home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Renting a home can be a great alternative if you are not yet financially prepared to buy a property. However, it can be quite an overwhelming experience if you do not know the basics of the process. In order to find a suitable rental home for you and your family, you need to be realistic and assess your needs carefully. Here are some important tips that can help you:
- Choose the area carefully: While looking for the rental property, it is important that you carry out research to find a location that perfectly suits your needs. Check its proximity to your child’s school, grocery stores and other places of importance. Also make sure the place is near your office so that you can save time and money on your daily commute.
- Find a real estate agent: To find the best property within your budget, you must hire a real estate agent who has a thorough knowledge about the local market. The agent should also have good reputation and track record.
- View the property: Make sure you view the property and see if it meets your expectations. Do a walk through and ensure that it is in good condition. Ensure that the appliances and electrical fittings are in proper working condition. Check the bathroom and kitchen faucets for any leakages and plumbing issues. Make a list of the things that need repair and discuss it with the landlord. You can also take pictures of the home before moving in as this will help you prove the condition of the home before you move out.
- Document all the communication: You must ensure that all the things discussed between you and the landlord, related to the maintenance and rent, is documented and agreed upon by both of you. This will help you avoid any disagreements with your landlord at a later point of time.
- Check the lease agreement before signing: Make sure you go through the lease agreement and confirm clearly states all the rules and regulations. The contract should mention the details about the lease duration, rent, payment mode, utility bills, pet policy and other relevant points. Clear any doubts you have and get them in writing. You can also ask for amendments if you find any clause inappropriate. Once you sign the lease, make sure you follow all the lease terms to avoid any legal troubles.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you find the perfect rental home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Every landlord must remodel his rental property to increase its value in the real estate market. A remodeled rental home is given priority over a disorganized one and also proves to be a fortune maker for the landlord. The following tips can help you remodel your rental home –
- Renovate when the property is vacant: When your property is occupied, it becomes tough to initiate any type of remodeling. Be it changing floor tiles, refurbishing the kitchen or repainting the walls, all of it can be done with ease when your tenants are not residing in the property.
- Install new flooring: Quality and durable flooring such as laminates or tiles will not only give a new look to the property but also save you from costly floor repair costs in future. If you have carpets installed, make sure you thoroughly clean them before any potential tenant visits the property.
- Replace bathroom fittings: It is advised to replace old/damaged bathroom fittings such as faucets, towel rails, toilet roll holders etc. with new ones. You must also repair broken pipes and wash basins to give your bathroom a new look. Also, replace the bathroom mirror if it is cracked or has become very dull in appearance.
- Remodel step by step: Remodeling is a great way to add value to your rental property but doing it all at once might take away your peace of mind. Instead, focus on renovating one place at a time. It will get you better results, save a lot of time and ease financial burden on your pocket.
- Be proactive: Make it a top priority to address issues concerning your rental property that require immediate attention. You must never neglect a leaking faucet, a burnt-out electric bulb or a broken tile. A well maintained rental property is always ready to be shown to prospective tenants. It also makes you more confident about asking a reasonable rent from the prospective tenants.
- Focus on areas with highest return on investment: The main focus areas that offer good rental value are the living room, kitchen and bathrooms. Make sure that these three spaces are clean, airy and presentable along with necessary light and water facilities. When initiating the remodeling work, try to begin with these areas.
- Take practical decisions: Being a landlord, you have to take some practical decisions when it comes to remodeling your rental property. For best results, think what you would like in a home if you were a tenant and make changes accordingly.
For more tips to efficiently remodel your rental property in Killeen, TX, feel free to contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. at (254) 699 – 7003.