Filling out a rental application is the first step towards starting your journey in a new rental home. A rental application provides information that helps the homeowner in determining if you are fit to be considered as a tenant.
Here is a quick guide on important points to be included in a rental application to make you stand out from other tenants:
- Basic Information: Your rental application should consist of basic information about you such as your full name, phone number, current address, email address, etc.
- Employment Information: Some property owners may require proof of employment to verify that the applicant is financially secure and will be able to pay rent. For this you may have to show recent pay stubs, an offer letter, a W-2 form, mention the monthly wage amount, and more.
- Rental History: This is an important constituent of rental applications as it enables property owners to know their prospective tenants. Letters of reference from previous property owners, an esteemed colleague, a previous property manager, a credible professor, etc. may also be very helpful to prove your credibility as a tenant.
- A Personal Touch: To make your rental application stand out from the rest, add a personal touch to it by writing a cover letter. The cover letter should mention reasons for which you feel you should be considered as a suitable tenant. Not only will the home owner get to know you better, but also you get to provide additional details that have not been covered in the application. However, remember to keep the cover letter short and professional.
- Renters Insurance: Letting the property owner know that you are interested in purchasing renters insurance in the application letter is beneficial in many ways. First, it will protect your possessions from home-related emergencies and accidents. Secondly it shows the home owner that you are interested in taking care of the property.
- Credit And Background Check: Even though these are not compulsory, some homeowners may ask you to provide information about your past credit history and any loans that you have accumulated for gauging how financially responsible you are. The application may also contain a section about criminal history as a background check.
Create a template that you can use each time you want to apply for a rental house. It will save you a lot of time and help you in replying to potential ads quickly.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. provides numerous services to their clients in Killeen, TX. For further queries about rental properties, visit 1020 W Jasper Dr. Killeen, TX-76542. You can also call at (254) 699-7003.
A good property manager can provide immense support to real estate investors in managing their properties effectively. He can reduce expenses incurred on the property while boosting the return on investment.
Following are a few tips for selecting the right property manager:
- Check The Property Manager’s License And Certification: The property manager should have an active real estate broker’s license or a property management license. Additionally, if a property manager is associated with reputed real estate associations, it adds to the credibility of the agent.
- Get Referrals: Referrals from trusted sources are one of the best ways of finding a good property manager. Real estate investors and property owners in your neighborhood can help you find a suitable property manager. Ask them about the services they liked the most, whether they have encountered any problems with the property manager and how their problems were addressed.
- Check The Current Work: Observe the current work that the property managers are handling, study the statements used in their current rental advertizement, visit the properties they manage, speak to current clients and so on. Also, you can check the online reviews and client testimonials to gain an insight into the property manager’s quality of work.
- Conduct An Interview: Interview prospective property managers or management companies to compare them before choosing a property manager that suits you. Ask them about their credentials and experience, observe how they communicate, inquire whether they know about the property laws, how they screen tenants and other points of relevance to you.
- Examine The Management Agreement: Always go through the management agreement of the property manager as it states the responsibilities of both the property manager and owner. Look out for details such as services provided, extra fees, owner’s responsibilities and more.
- Ask About The Fees And Accounting Services: Before hiring a property manager, be sure to ask how much they will charge, how they plan to handle advertizing costs, whether they will provide monthly income & expenditure reports, etc.
- People Skills And Communication: While evaluating potential candidates for the job, observe their communication skills, professionalism and knowledge about the field. The best property managers are those who treat their clients respectfully, are good listeners and are approachable when needed.
For more information on property management services in Killeen, TX feel free to contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. at (254) 699-7003 or visit 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
There is a growing trend of singles looking for rental properties as opposed to buying homes. Rentals are cheaper, easy to maintain and offer the flexibility of easy relocation due to job demands or study requirements. Property owners interested in renting out their homes to single tenants need to understand the unique requirements of this segment.
For owners who are navigating this category of tenants, following is a list of some must haves that single renters prefer in a rental property:
- Safety: Safety and security are high priority considerations for singles living in rental homes. They appreciate features such as attached garages, secure locks on windows & doors, well-lit streets, emergency assistance and so on.
- Fun: Location plays an important role for single tenants as they prefer living in areas that offer nightlife, a cultural scene, fitness centers and entertainment hubs like restaurants, malls, museums and the like.
- High Speed Internet: A high speed internet connection is almost non-negotiable for singles. For most of them an internet connection is essential for their work, studies and even for fun and entertainment.
- Open Floor Plan: Open floor plans are a convenient option for singles as they require less upkeep and maintenance and are great for entertaining. Singles prefer such spaces as they can be customized as per their liking and require less furnishing.
- Convenience: In most of the cases, single renters are either students or working. The last things they want to come back to at the end of a long day are home maintenance tasks. They prefer rentals that are easy to maintain and are minimalistic in terms of the number of rooms, landscaping, etc. Single renters want minimum responsibility when it comes to the rental. They appreciate properties with new appliances and amenities such as in-unit washer and dryers.
- Accessibility: Singles prefer rentals with accessibility to transport links such as tram stops, bus stops, tube stops or train stations. The ease of accessing their places of work and recreational centers is a prime consideration for singles.
- Appearance: Singles perceive well-maintained and good-looking property as property with minimum requirements for repair and maintenance. Working on the appearance of rental property can be beneficial for attracting single renters. A few tweaks such as new plumbing, updating the electrical and HVAC systems, hardwood flooring, kitchen and bathroom renovations, etc. can prove instrumental in attracting singles.
- Affordability: The amount of rent is a huge consideration for singles. When looking for rentals, singles want a home that is financially viable. They are not interested in a great-looking home with the latest interiors, furniture or top-notch amenities. All they want is a clean, well-maintained and affordable place to live.