MLS, short for Multiple Listing Service, is a comprehensive property database, which makes the process of getting information about properties for sale/ rent simple and convenient for the buyer, seller, real estate agent, and anyone else involved. Lone Star Realty is a property management company that specializes in homes in Killeen TX and the surrounding region. We provide MLS to our clients, which goes a long way in expediting the process of selling, buying, and renting homes.
To put it simply, MLS is an orderly correlation of information regarding houses, shared among real estate professionals. Data regarding a home that is available for sale is put up on the MLS by a listing broker, and a broker who brings abuyer is entitled to receive a commission for the deal. This makes it a win-win situation for everyone involved, saving time and resources. The online software that is used in an MLS makes it possible to view detailed information regarding the house, including the address, square footage, age, number of rooms, etc. You can even get information about school districts and upgrades, as well as the financing options that the seller is open to.
Viewing a home on an MLS gives you a clear idea of what to expect, since you can view multiple pictures taken from various angles, and you can even take a virtual tour if one is available for the house you are viewing. MLS authorities have a strict set of rules and regulations that aim at ensuring that all the data provided on these websites is accurate, wide in scope, and not outdated. Most of these services do not encourage FSBOs (For Sale by Owners), making it necessary to use the services of a real estate broker to add your listing.
Lone Star Realty steps forward to make this process easier for you, helping you to benefit from the convenience offered by an MLS listing. Whether you are looking for rentals in Killeen, or would like to sell or buy a house, we shall w you can use MLS to your best advantage. We shall start with a clear understanding of your needs and budgets, and shall then design the right plan, working around our MLS services, to ensure that you get what you are looking for. Contact us today at (254) 699-7003 for more information on how MLS can work for you.
It is essential to find an experienced property management company so that you invest your money in renting a good home in Killeen TX. There are hordes of real estate companies in the market and it is imperative to find the correct one. The process of buying, selling and renting is not as easy as it seems. So, professional help is definitely required in these matters.
You can find the best and most economical property for yourself only at Lone Star Reality. We will address all your property management needs in a very efficient manner. Our dedicated team of professionals will assist in all your queries regarding to a particular property that you are interested in.
Read on to know about the various services offered by our company:
- One of the major highlights of the services offered by our company is the virtual tour of different rental properties. Prospective tenants can actually see the property before renting it. We generate a feedback based on this information and this helps to determine the market value of each property.
- If you are thinking of renting out a property, we will make sure that you receive the rent on time. We do this by doing a thorough screening of the tenants before they actually rent your home. The verification process is a strict one and we authenticate all the information provided by the prospective tenants. This includes information related to age, income, job background and criminal records etc.
- The extremely experienced staff at Lone Reality is adept at providing high-quality property maintenance services. We ensure that your property does not get damaged in any way and therefore conduct routine maintenance checks without charging a single extra penny.
- With our company you can be rest assured that no harm will be done to your property. We conduct inspections after every six months in order to see that the tenants are using the property in a responsible manner. If we come across any such issue, our company immediately starts working towards resolving the same.
- If your property is not occupied and is lying vacant, we will make all efforts to get it rented out as soon as possible. Our carefully planned advertising and marketing techniques ensure that no rental remains unoccupied. We have made huge amount of investments in the online media and advertise the rentals through this medium. In this era of Internet, an online presence is very beneficial to attract prospective tenants.
- We charge what we say and there are no hidden charges such as renewal or maintenance fee etc. Come and visit our office or browse through our website to know all other pertinent details.
Real estate investment is an important matter and must not be undertaken without expert advice. If you are looking to buy, rent or sell a home in Killeen, you must get the best for your money. Lone Star Reality is the optimum place that will help you deal with all the property management issues. We provide excellent services in the real estate arena and ensure that you get maximum return for your hard-earned money.
In order to have a knack of how the real estate industry functions, there are certain terms that need to be understood. You must acquaint yourself with these terms because they are useful in dealing with rental property in Killeen.
Our website provides a comprehensive list of real estate jargons that are frequently used in this job. Following is a list of some of the important real estate jargons from this list:
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR): This is the combined mortgage charge that includes interest, mortgage insurance, and loan origination fee. This cost is mentioned for the complete year.
- Balance Sheet: It is a financial statement that gives details about assets and liabilities.
- Certificate of Eligibility: This is an important document that is issued by the federal government. It certifies a veteran to be eligible for a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) mortgage.
- Down Payment: When someone buys a particular property, there is a certain purchase amount that is paid in cash. This is known as down payment. However, this payment is not financed with a mortgage.
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA): It is a federal law that makes it mandatory for all the lenders and creditors to lend credit to everyone without any bias. They cannot discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, marital status or receipt of income from public assistance programs.
- Fair Market Value: It is the highest price that a buyer would pay and the lowest a seller would agree on. The point to be noted here is that this price is not forced upon either of the parties.
- Hazard Insurance: This insurance protects against the damage caused to a real estate property because of natural reasons, fire or defacement etc.
- Origination Fee: This is a fee levied by the creditor for paying the processing charges involved in getting a real estate loan. This is generally one percent of the amount loaned.
- PITI: PITI stands for Principal, Interest, Taxes and Insurance. These are the elements of a monthly mortgage payment.
For more jargons, visit us at www.lonestarrealty.net.
Selling a home is a major decision that is sure to have a strong bearing on your financial situation. Understanding how the process works will help you in effectively managing your finances in the challenging present-day real estate situation. Here’s a look at the major steps involved in selling a home:
- Choosing a realtor: With all the paperwork and legal implications involved in selling a house, choosing a real estate agent to assist you through the process should be the first step you take.
- Setting a list price: The next important decision is that of the price you would like to list your home at in the real estate market. This is a critical step in the home-selling process, since a price that is too high could mean a draught of buyers, while setting the bar too low could mean putting yourself at a loss. Carrying out a comparative market analysis and hiring an independent real estate appraiser could aid you in making this decision.
- Determining net proceeds: This includes calculating the amount of equity that you have built so far, based on factors like the balance on your mortgage and costs incurred during closing. Your realtor might recommend leasing your house until you build sufficient equity.
- Listing agreement: This agreement is signed between you and your realtor, giving the realtor the right to sell your property, and determining how long you agree to list your house with the company.
- Presenting your house for sale: How you present your home has a strong bearing on the kind of buyers you attract. You need to pay attention to details and depersonalize the house as far as possible.
- Negotiation: Your real estate agent will notify you when an offer comes in, and it is at that point that you need to prepare a written negotiation detailing the terms of purchase for the prospective buyer.
- Closing: The final, and in many ways most critical step in the home-selling process is that of closing the deal. Even though the entire process of closing the deal usually takes no more than an hour, it bears significant implications for both the buyer as well as the seller, which makes it important to consult your realtor before preparing the paperwork and verifications for this process. Once you handover your house keys to the buyers, that marks the end of the transaction.
The real estate industry has off late witnessed a revolution in terms of the way it is being marketed to prospective buyers and sellers. One trend that has really caught up in recent times is the online listing of property by real estate agents and marketers.
Prospective tenants who are looking for homes in Killeen Texas can really benefit out of this system where everything is carried out in a matter of few clicks. Read on to know more about what an online property listing system entails, and how it can be useful to both landlords and tenants.
- Online property listing is a platform wherein the stakeholders get to advertise their properties online and reach out to a wide segment of people. It is a cost effective way of marketing your properties to audiences worldwide. Killeen Rentals
- As a prospective tenant, if you are looking at options when it comes to homes for rent in Killeen Texas, you can view them all at one place. There is no hassle involved as you are not supposed to drive around and have a look at all the properties that are available to suit your requirements. Most of the real estate online listings today carry pictures of the actual property which can be of great help while you make your decision.
- Another major advantage to be drawn out of online property listings is the quick response that you can get from the agents or landlords. All you are required to do is share your email ID and contact number, and the owner will get back to you in a short span of time. So any queries that you may have can be easily addressed without any wastage of time.
- If you have previously availed houses for rent through the online platform, you become entitled to attractive discounts the next time you go to the same buyer. This is a win-win situation for both the parties involved. The sellers or landlords get the loyalty of customers which helps in building up goodwill, while the buyers or tenants can get the property of their choice at discounted prices.
- Fixing up appointments with the agents to go and have an actual look at the property can also be done easily. You can connect with the realtors online and let them know about the date and time that suits you.
- Online property listings are also accompanied by testimonials and feedbacks given by previous customers. These can be of great help when you sit on deciding which realtor can provide you with impeccable and trustworthy services.
Contrary to common opinion, there’s a lot that you can do as a renter to save on the energy expenses in your rented accommodation, and increase energy efficiency. Along with saving energy and money, adopting some basic energy-saving tips can also help you to contribute your bit towards reducing global warming.
- The easiest way to save energy is through the lighting in your house. Replace the light sources that you use most with energy-saving sources like CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Lamps), which can save up to 75% more energy than standard incandescent lights.
You can save on the energy consumed by air-conditioners by fitting an a/c unit cover on the outside which helps to insulate the air conditioner, and hence prevent heat from escaping, which in turn prevents energy losses.
- A programmable thermostat can help to regulate the temperature of your house even when you are asleep or outside. This can also help to conserve energy when you are on vacation or out of your home for a prolonged period. If you are looking for rental properties in Killeen it is a good idea to look for a house that already has a thermostat installed.
- You can also conserve energy by taking steps to regulate the temperature of your house depending on the weather outside. For instance, you can open the windows to let the sunlight in during the winter, and use heavy drapes to keep your house cool during summer months.
- Many household electronic appliances consume electricity even when they are not in use but plugged in. Turning off the main switches or unplugging these electronics can help to conserve electricity.
- Try substituting a full bath with a shower whenever possible to save water, and hence electricity.
- Wash full loads of laundry, and use cold water instead of warm, unless absolutely necessary. You can save up to 90% of energy by using cold water instead of hot in your washing machine! You can also conserve energy by preventing over-drying. A moisture-sensor can help to avoid over-drying by turning off the washing machine when the clothes are sufficiently drying.
- You can also save water by scraping dishes instead of rinsing them with water before stacking them in the dishwasher.
For more energy saving tips, you can contact us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are a renowned property management company providing reliable and affordable services to the residents of Killeen and Fort Hood areas of Central Texas. For more details, visit us at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or (254) 290-4153.
Lone Star Realty has gone on to become one of the most trusted names in property management in Texas. With an experience of over 40 years in the business of property management, we know just what it takes to ensure that your property has the highest possible occupancy rate, and you get the rentals you deserve based on the current market value. Some of the major property management services provided by us are listed below:
- Aggressive marketing: When a property is available in the market, we understand the need to find suitable tenants for it as soon as possible. With the intense competition in today’s real estate market, this is made possible only through aggressive marketing techniques including yellow pages, Fort Hood housing, and most importantly online marketing on multiple channels.
- Maintenance coordination: Our tie-ups with the most reliable names in maintenance and repairs ensure that our clients get just what they need when they sign up for our property management services. These services are not just high in quality, but also affordable.
- Intensive tenant screening- One of our most important roles as a property management company is to ensure that the tenants that we select are trustworthy and shall pay their rent on time. For this, we conduct a thorough tenant screening procedure, including criminal record check, income verification, identity check, etc.
- Virtual tours- We believe in keeping our clients a step ahead, which is why we offer the innovative option of panoramic visual tours, whereby clients can look right into the house they are considering, without actually having to visit it.
- Professional lease- Being a member of the TAA (Texas Apartment Association), we adopt their standard lease for all our tenants. This allows you, as the owner of the property, to be rest assured that all the necessary terms and conditions are included in this lease.
- Streamlined owner payments- Thanks to our management software program, we have the provision for directly depositing owner payments into their accounts, eliminating the need for cumbersome follow-up by owners for their money. Owners also have the option of reviewing their financial statement online.
- Regular inspections- We conduct routine inspections of all properties to ensure that the tenants are taking proper care of the property. In case of any damage found, we require residents to pay the amount required for repairs immediately.
To know more about the services offered by us, kindly visit us at Lone Star Realty. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
Investing your hard-earned money into buying a home is a very important step. It is one of the toughest financial decisions that you have to take as it has a bearing on your future as well. However, you need to take care of many aspects before you finally take the huge decision of buying a new home in Killeen TX.
Read on to know what all things you need to consider before buying a home:
- One of the most important things that you need to keep in mind is the location of the property that you are going to buy. You must make sure that your new home is in an excellent and safe neighborhood. This is a very important aspect as once you have bought a home; you can change all the interiors but not your neighborhood. So, find the perfect location that is very easily accessible and has all the requisite public amenities nearby.
- Before buying a house in Killeen, you must carefully check the site of the property that you are thinking of buying. Check out whether your home has a nice view, does it have the facility of a garden or yard and is it safe for kids etc. You must finalize a particular house only after seeing that it fulfills all your requirements.
- Thirdly, you must buy a home that is in sync with your lifestyle. If you are someone who loves to have simple and contemporary looks in your home, then go in for a property that reflects your taste. For people who have an antique or classy style of living, it is best to buy a home that matches these traits.
- Buying a home that is much bigger than your requirements will prove to be a heavy burden on your pocket. Therefore, if you do not need a big home, there is no need to buy one. Although a larger space will give you more freedom of space, it will also mean that you have to pay higher taxes as well as energy bills. Moreover, you will have to shell out extra money to decorate the interiors of the home. So, keep your budget as well as other requirements in mind.
- You should be completely satisfied with the kitchen of the home that you are planning to buy. There is no point in buying a home where you have to redo the kitchen. The renovation can cost you a lot of money and can be a financial burden. So, do inspect the kitchen beforehand and finalize once you are happy with the way the kitchen has been done.
- Last but not the least; it is important that a home has a good amount of storage space with lots of closets etc. So keep this point in your mind as well so that you do not face any storage problems later on.
For more information on, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or (254) 290-4153.
When you decide to sell your home and place it in the market, you face stiff competition from other sellers as well. But remember that the number of buyers is limited and you must take professional help in order to market your home effectively. However, there are many other things that can be done to gain an upper hand in the market. Home inspection is one such thing that can prove to be beneficial for both, the buyer as well as seller. Read on to know the benefits of a home inspection…
BENEFITS FOR BUYERS:
- As a buyer, home inspection can prove to be advantageous as it helps in taking the best home-buying decision.
- Secondly, home inspection lets you know if there is any requirement of repairs or replacements before you actually buy a house.
- When you completely check everything beforehand, there is a very less chance of getting any unwanted surprises later on.
- The details of a home are revealed during home inspection. You can gauge the safety factors as well as completely check all the components and systems. You can also see the maintenance issues and also recommend any other renovation, if required.
- When you get a professional property management company to do the home inspection for you, they might also provide you the benefit of free consultation. Therefore, choose a reputable firm that gives optimum services in this area.
BENEFITS FOR SELLERS:
- As far as pre-sale inspection is concerned, it also has many advantages associated with it. First and the foremost benefit is that any kinds of repairs or renovations can be easily determined beforehand. So, you can get the improvements done on time before going in for the final selling process.
- Pre-sale inspection ensures that you get the best price for your home. The sellers have to take less of a headache in finding the right buyer. The process is smoother and the final price obtained is very close to the listing price.
- You can show the inspection reports to the buyer and assure him about the good condition of your house. This can also lead to a reduction in the price negotiations during the actual selling process. An inspection report gives you an edge over other properties that might not have such a report available for them.
Getting started with real estate can be challenging and exciting at the same time. As you begin this journey, you need to have some basic groundwork intact. If done smartly, real estate has all that it takes to make smart money without actually doing much, but mess it up, and you are doomed! Real estate is all about making the right choices, and these simple guidelines tell you how to go about it-
- Educate yourself on real estate- Educating yourself on the subject is the number one step to investing wisely in real estate. Read and research a lot until you have all the answers you need. Interact with people who have been in the trade, and just make sure you know exactly where you are headed.
- Choose your niche- With the multitude of options to choose from in real estate investing, it is important for you to choose what you want to specialize in and focus on it. Right from residential property to commercial real estate, you have a lot to choose from in the Fort hood region. You also need to have a clear strategy of how you plan to make money from your investment- rentals, wholesaling, buy and hold etc.
- Start finding your property- Once you have a clear plan in mind, make attempts to materialize it. For instance, if you plan to invest in Ft Hood housing, you need to go out and look for the perfect property that fits in your budget and meets your needs. You could use the help of a real estate agent for this, or could opt for other methods like buying from wholesale dealers, direct mail, etc.
- Arrange for your finances- You don’t need to be a millionaire to get started with real estate investing. In fact, when done smartly, the real estate business is all about using other people’s money to make your own money. Evaluate all your options, right from bank loans and credit unions to private lenders, to choose the one that suits you best.
- Create a marketing strategy- Selling is just as important a part of real estate marketing as buying is. You need to master the skill of effectively marketing your real estate investments and generate cash from them.
For efficient and affordable residential property management services in Texas, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or (254) 290-4153.