If you are planning to move into a new rental home with your pet, it is best to do some prior planning so that the road trip as well as the new home is comfortable for him. It is imperative to make a list of the essential items that your pet requires and pack them well in advance. This will help in avoiding any hassles later on.
Read on to know what all preparations you need to conduct before moving in with your pet:
- Know Pet Rules: Even before the moving day arrives, be fully aware about the pet rules and regulations set by your landlord or homeowners association. Get to know about the pet licensing requirements so that you don’t face any problem once you reach there. Also, carry any additional vaccinations or medicines that your pet may require.
- Get In Touch With Your Vet: Talking to your present veterinarian is crucial as he can guide you about managing your pet well. For instance, if your pet is not too fond of traveling or does not eat anything while moving, it is best to talk to your veterinarian about what modifications can be made. This will reduce the stress levels for you as well as your pet.
- Gather Medical Records: Before you leave your old home or city, it is important to gather all the previous medical records of your pet. These records are essential because they need to be given to the new vet you will find once you move in to your new home. Find the nearest hospital where your pet can be taken in case of an emergency. Also, search for a new vet and get an appointment with him as soon as possible.
- Update The Pet ID Tag: The new ID tag for your pet must include your new address as well as contact information. If you have a microchip installed in your pet, the address information needs to be updated in it as well. This task needs to be performed even before you move because the chances of your pet getting lost in a new place are higher.
- Do Not Rush: Packing everything at once can make your pet feel stressed out. Therefore, always pack over a long period of time and keep things as normal as possible. Put your pet’s favorite treats and toys in their carrier a few weeks before moving out. This will make them get used to it before you actually leave your old rental home.
- Air Travel Care: In case you are traveling with your pet by air, make sure you are aware about all the rules and regulations well ahead of time. Carry all the requisite documents regarding your pet and keep them handy.
Find pet-friendly rental homes in Killeen, TX with Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. You can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
When you are renovating your rental home, do not be limited to the interiors, as the exterior of a house is equally important. With right approach and a few changes, you can attract a large pool of tenants. As a landlord, it is you responsibility to offer a home that is visually stunning and well maintained.
Listed below are a few tips that can help you to enhance the curb appeal of your rental home.
Keep The Exteriors Clean
The exteriors of a house should be kept in such a way that any potential tenant gets easily drawn towards the property at the very first sight. You can pressure wash the curb to get rid of debris and dirt in the driveway, gutters, walkways and patio. This will make the house look cleaner. Also, make sure you do not store old appliances or any other item near the yard, garden or porch. If there are any out-of-place items like fallen leaves, broken glass or furniture, twigs etc. on your property, do not forget to remove them.
Create A Focal Point
Another thing that you can do to attract new tenants is by highlighting a particular feature of your rental home. Doing this will create a focal point that no passerby will be able to miss. You can add a water fountain or a small pond in the garden. A beautiful swing or an outdoor seating area with a fire pit will also help in making your property stand out from the rest.
Add life To The Garden
Properly trimmed grass, beautiful flower beds and trees can make your property look amazing. If you have a simple garden, opt for potted plants as they are easy to maintain and gives a fresh look. You can place a few pots along the walkway to enhance the appearance of your house. Apart from this, you can also plant small trees and create a sitting area in the garden.
Paint The Exterior Walls
To enhance the curb appearance, paint the exteriors as well. This is one of the easiest way of turning an old house into a new one. Choose a particular color that will go well with your property and make the house look stunning. You can also repaint doors, window frames, and rusted railings.
Use these tips and make the curb of your rental home look appealing. The prospective tenants will definitely step into the property because of its external appearance. You can also consider hiring a property management company that will help you to enhance the look of the exteriors.
We at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. will provide you with complete assistance with property management and renting residential property in Killeen, TX. For more information, call at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
Most of the potential tenants prefer to look at the online pictures of a property before deciding to visit it. Therefore, it becomes important to understand the impact that photographs can have on probable renters. You need not hire a professional photographer but putting up high-quality pictures in the online listings is a must.
Below are some photography tips that can help to improve your rental listings:
- Use The Right Camera: High-quality photographs can only be taken from a good camera, so invest in one. The pictures must be clear and should be able to highlight your home’s best features. Buy a camera that has at least 5 megapixel resolution, so that your photographs come out well. Adding a tripod stand to place your camera can also assist in clicking good pictures of your rental property.
- Tidy Up The House: Cleaning the clutter in your home before taking pictures is a must as it will add a professional touch to your photographs. Any kind of mess can distract the potential buyers from observing the actual features of the property. Try to put away all the extra items such as shoe racks, stacks of mails, tissue boxes etc. Also, make the bed, open the curtains, hide all the wires for a neat and clean look.
- Click Pictures From Multiple Angles: Shoot all the rooms from different angles so that the potential renter can have a good idea about a specific space in your home. Take multiple shots from various positions and heights to highlight prominent features of your rental property. Don’t take too many pictures straight ahead as this can make your home appear smaller than it actually is.
- Click Pictures In Optimum Conditions: Always highlight your rental property at its best so as to impress potential tenants. Pay attention to the light levels in your pictures as this can make or mar the photographs. For instance, avoid clicking pictures on a cloudy or rainy day as it will not display your property in the best state. Even the indoor pictures should be taken when the skies are clear and there is sufficient sunlight.
- Take The Help Of Grids: A camera’s gridlines can be of great help while clicking pictures of the rental property. In order to get attractive photographs of your home, turn on the camera’s gridlines and try to improve the balance and perspective of every picture. This will assist you in achieving well-balanced pictures that highlight the best features.
- Edit The Flaws: Even after taking everything into consideration, minor flaws may remain in your photographs. To rectify this, you can simply edit the pictures and crop out unnecessary area. Edit your photos to make them look appealing but stay truthful.
Prepare you home for rent with Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. To know more about the services, visit 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542 or call at (254) 699 - 7003.
Summer is a busy season for landlords but prior planning is a pre-requisite before you set out to rent your home. Also, it is best to get in touch with a real estate agent if you want to prepare your home well and find the best tenants.
Below is a list of things you can do to prepare your home ready for rent this summer:
- Call a home inspector: Your home needs to be thoroughly inspected to ensure that it is completely safe for the new tenants. Call a home inspector who can perform this task and also address any repair issues. Immediately act on the feedback provided by the home inspector regarding the driveways, gutters, electrical outlets etc.
- Check your AC unit: No tenant would want an inefficiently working air conditioning system. Therefore, get your AC unit checked so that it functions optimally. Regular servicing of the unit is essential so that it does not pose any problems.
- Pay attention to the sprinkler system: The winter season can be harsh on your sprinkler system and needs to be checked before you rent out your home. See to it that the sprinkler head and pipes are in good working condition. Fix any other problems such as water damage and uneven watering.
- Enhance curb appeal: Landscaping your rental property is one of the best ways to attract high-quality tenants. Make sure all the trees and shrubs are properly trimmed. The flower beds should be neat and there should be no dead foliage in the garden. Clear out all the weeds and mow the lawn properly. Also, define the flower beds and have seasonal potted plants on walkways and driveways.
- Ensure complete safety: It is imperative that your rental property is completely safe for your tenants. Your rental home should have smoke detectors, fire alarms and burglar alarms in place. A fire extinguisher should be installed on each floor of your home so that the tenants are fully prepared in case of any emergency. A safe home attracts more potential tenants as compared to other properties.
- Hire a property management firm: Get your tenant sign a lease, before formally handing over the keys to him. It is best to hire a property management firm to handle all the issues related to the tenants and your rental property. The property managers perform all the tasks such as: tenant screening, responding to tenant queries, handling repair issues, collecting rent and dealing with tenant evictions etc.
We, at Lone Star & Property Management, Inc. provide home renting services in Killeen, TX. For more information, call at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
The spring season is one of the best times to rent out your home as a large number of people are looking for well-maintained properties during this time. Therefore, it is crucial for landlords to prepare their rental home well in advance for the season. You can even get in touch with a reputed property management company to organize your home for attracting probable tenants.
Below is a list of some tips that can help you present your home in the best possible manner during the season:
- Increase the curb appeal: An enhanced curb appeal of your property will fetch you more potential tenants. Therefore, pay attention to the landscape and make an effort to beautify the exteriors. You can get a fresh coat of paint on the exterior walls and clean your garden thoroughly. Remove all the weeds and have beautiful potted plants along the driveway.
- De-clutter: Cleanliness is the first thing that a potential tenant will look for. Whenever you have a property showing, make sure you clear your home of any unnecessary items such as unused furniture, stacks of books, personal photos etc. The potential tenant should get an idea about the functional space in your property and you need to de-clutter for this purpose.
- Evaluate your furnishings and appliances: If you are providing a fully-furnished home to your tenants, ensure everything is prim and proper. Also, all the appliances should be clean from inside as well as outside. Provide appliances only if they function well so that you don’t have to spend on frequent repairs and maintenance.
- Conduct roof inspection: During the spring season, the weather is clear and you can easily inspect the roof, check the flaws and get them repaired. Look out for any cracked areas that are in need of replacement or maintenance. Addressing any repair issues immediately will make your property safe for the future tenants and also save you from any kind of legal hassle.
- Eliminate bad odors: During the winter season, your home might accumulate all kinds of bad odors. It can emanate from your carpets due to dampness during the winter season. During the spring season, you should open all the windows to let in fresh air and get your home professionally cleaned. Use room fresheners and call a carpet cleaner to make your carpet look fresh and hygienic again.
- Do not forget minor repairs: Even when you are done with major repairs, it is important to pay attention towards minor restoration work. For instance, there might be an improperly functioning door knob or a leaky faucet etc. Small things can have a big negative impact on your probable tenants. So, you need to be careful about this aspect as well.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you to rent out your home in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.