Fort Hood is a great locality for finding a rental property. The city has a military post that accounts for a wide cultural diversity and attracts numerous renters. The renters can choose from a variety of housing options depending upon their requirements and lifestyle.
Some of the common housing options available to renters in Fort Hood are mentioned below:
- Single-Family Homes: Single-family home is a suitable option for families with children who need ample space and privacy. The rental listing usually contains information such as the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, area in Sq. Ft., nearby elementary, middle and high schools, utilities provided, etc. Common features in the rental single-family homes are carpeted floors, vinyl flooring, convenient locations, shower/tub combos, fenced backyard, etc, but may depend on property to property.
- Duplexes: Duplexes are an ideal choice for students, small families, and single soldiers. They consist of fewer bedrooms (usually 2 bedrooms) as compared to single-family homes and come with a variety of features such as ceramic flooring, tiled shower/tub combos, ceiling fans, small pantries, etc. Most of them have covered patios, large windows, and fenced backyards.
- Townhouses: These have a small footprint as they consist of multiple floors. They are a great option for city dwellers, as they are strategically located near business houses, restaurants, schools, medical care, etc., yet offer the privacy of a detached home. They usually comprise of full-sized laundry rooms, extra storage, linen closets, etc.
- Apartments: These consist of residential units inside a building with their own bedrooms, bathrooms, and utilities. Most apartments comprise of ample sized bedrooms and open living space, walk-in-closet, amenities (garbage disposal, stove, refrigerator, etc.), carpeted floors, upstairs and downstairs units, washer and dryer hookups, central heat and air, and access to entertainment centers, shopping areas, schools, and other amenities.
It is advisable to contact a reputed and well-established real estate company to understand the types of housing options and choose the option that suits your needs.
Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. offers a wide range of housing options for renters in Fort Hood. The company enlists the available rental properties online with necessary details and information about the application process. Customers can choose a rental property according to their requirements and budget. To know more about housing options for renters in Fort Hood, visit Lone Star Realty & Property Management, 1020 West Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX – 76542. You can also call (254) 699 – 7003.
Finding the right tenants is one of the biggest worries for homeowners, but a little extra effort can help you get sorted. Your dreams of achieving a low vacancy rate and securing higher rent along with quality tenants can be fulfilled. All you need to do is prioritize the concerns and requirements of your prospective tenants. Remember, you have to give them a house that they can call their ‘home’. Provide them with all amenities and features that they require in a rental home.
In order to attract trustworthy and long term tenants, you need to work on the following guidelines:
- Highlight to appeal. It is important to remember that your soon-to-be tenant wants to know the place as much as he can. Make sure you highlight the best features of your property. If you have a well-maintained lawn, you can give details about it. You can mention about the new dishwasher or fences installed in your home. You can even talk about the safety features such as smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, advanced locking system etc.
- Add photos: With the advancement of technologies, tenants have found new ways of searching their rental home. Rental portals and MLS listing services are becoming quite popular. You can add high quality pictures and descriptions of your rental homes in various portals. This will help you attract more tenants towards your property. You can also post virtual tours to give them a better idea of your home.
- Promote cleanliness, clean before you brag. Cleanliness is an important factor which can attract potential tenants towards your property. Make sure the rugs are clean, kitchen is tidy and the curtains are dirt-free. Thoroughly vacuum your home before the tenants visit your property.
- Depersonalize your home. By personalizing your home, it becomes difficult for the tenant to envisage himself in it. That is why, it is important to depersonalize your home and remove knick-knacks, framed photographs etc. The reason being, every person has a different taste. Over the years you will have to rent out your property to many different tenants Thus, it is advised to not personalize it.
- Keep up with the repairs and maintenance. Make sure everything in the house is working properly. All the electrical appliances should be functional. In case of any signs of damage in the rooftop, doors, windows or any other structure, get it repaired by qualified vendors. If there are plumbing issues, get them fixed as soon as possible. This will help to cast a good impression on the potential tenants.
- Keep realistic demands. As a landlord, you should be updated with the real estate market. You should be aware about the ongoing rent prices. Demanding an appropriate rent can help to attract more tenants towards your property and rent it faster. Higher rent can reduce the chances of getting a good tenant for your rental home. A moderate rent can minimize your profit.
- Be responsive to queries: Make sure you maintain good communication with your tenant. You should be reachable to him whenever needed. If the prospective tenant has any doubts, be quick to answer them. This can increase the chances of renting your home faster.
- Hire a property manager. Hiring a property manager can help to reduce the vacancy rates and find quality tenants for your renal home in Ft Hood. There is a wide spectrum of jobs he can do for you:
- Conduct thorough background checks of your prospective tenants
- Side line the late rent payers
- Find the right kind of tenants for your property
- Advertise the property
- Conduct frequent visits to the rental property
- Handle tenant complaints
By keeping the above points in mind, you can increase the value the property and attract suitable tenants towards it. Hiring a property manager can help to keep up with maintenance and deal with all other tasks related to the rental home.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., offer a wide range of rental homes in Ft Hood. For more information about the rental services offered, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.
As a landlord, you should understand that tenants look for various features while viewing your property in Fort Hood, TX. A rental home with all the necessary amenities will definitely stand out from the crowd. It will not only help you find quality occupants but also augment the value of your rental home.
Listed below are a few features that tenants look for in a rental home:
- Good location and neighborhood: A home with an easy access to transportation, schools, parks, shopping malls etc. is in great demand. Having a property in good location can help to reduce vacancy cycles and increase your ROI manifold.
- Outdoor space: Having a backyard, balcony or a patio in your rental home can help your quote a premium rent. It will also attract more potential tenants towards your property. A home with a garage or dedicated parking space is also preferred by most tenants.
- Low crime rate: Tenants prefer to stay in a location that is safe and crime free. Your rental property should have all the security arrangements such as proper outdoor lighting, smoke detectors, fire alarms, emergency exits etc. to ensure safety of the residents.
- Well maintained rental home: If your property is well-maintained and equipped with the basic electronic appliances, it is likely to be occupied quickly. You can even renovate your home to improve its visual appeal.
- Appropriate rent: You should thoroughly research the real estate market to set an appropriate rent. Make sure the price is neither too high nor too low as it can affect the rentability of your property.
- Pet friendly: Most of the tenants have pets these days. So, having a pet friendly property can be beneficial as it can help to find occupants quickly. For this, you may consider adding features like scratch-resistant flooring, easy to clean upholstery, higher fences in yard etc.
- Other amenities: You can improve the chances of renting your property by providing a wide range of amenities for the convenience of the tenants. Modular kitchen, electrical fixtures, fireplace, extensive storage space etc. are some of the features that can improve the value of your rental home.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., provide a wide range of rental homes in Ft Hood. For more information about the services offered, feel free to call us at (254) 699 – 7003.
The importance of tenant screening cannot be negated while renting a house in Ft. Hood. As a landlord, you need to conduct a thorough background check of your potential tenant to ensure he is suitable for your property. Tenant screening is also imperative to verify the financial record of the tenant. Below are some commonly asked questions regarding tenant screening:
Q: Why is it crucial to screen tenants?
A: Thorough screening is important so that you are able to find a tenant who is responsible, pays the rent on time and does not cause any trouble for the neighbors. However, to ensure that your tenant screening results are fair and reliable, you need to follow a pre-planned approach. You should also strictly follow the laws and make sure you do not discriminate between the applicants based on their color, religion or sex.
Q: What are the best ways to screen a tenant?
A: One of the simplest ways to get details of a prospective tenant is to make him fill out a rental application form consisting of essential information such as employment history, social security number, license number, history of evictions or bankruptcy etc. It is also imperative to contact his past employer and landlord to verify the information provided in the form.
Q: Is it mandatory to have a rental application in writing?
A: Although it is not essential to have a written application, going by just an oral agreement can be a risky proposition. You need to have a written proof of the information provided by the tenant. This can also be used as evidence in case you reject the tenant at a later stage.
Q: What types of discriminations are against the law while choosing a tenant?
A: According to Fair Housing Laws, you cannot reject an applicant based on his race, culture, ethnic background, disability or sex. You are free to choose a tenant but it should always be in compliance with the laws. For instance, you can reject a tenant if he does not comply with your occupancy policy and has more family members than you would allow in your rental unit. This is a health and safety concern as well as a fair reason to reject the application.
Q: What is the procedure to obtain a credit report?
A: Credit report is one of the most important means of conducting a background check on any tenant. In order to get a credit report, you will need information such as the tenant’s name, address and Social Security Number. The Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (IITN) can be used in the absence of Social Security Number. You can visit the website of a prominent credit bureau to get the report.
For more tips assistance on screening tenants for your rental house in Ft. Hood, TX, contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. We can be reached at (254) 699 – 7003.