Are you getting your home ready to sell? If yes, then it would be wise to think of it as a product that is about to enter the market to compete with a range of newly constructed houses. Thus, to make it look better than the rest, the house’s exterior should be worked upon. It should be clutter-free and well kept. Since people lead a very busy life, they would be least interested in handling the major repairs after moving in.
In order to make your house score a “10 on 10”, you need to ensure your house looks fresh, clean and well maintained! The following tips can help you in this regard:
- Fix it first: If any improvement is to be made in the house, do it before you declare your house on sale in the market. After all, no potential buyer would be interested in knowing about your good intentions if he is able to see the defects in the house before the deal is finalized.
- Check your house’s curb appeal:
Let’s begin from outside: How does your house look from the street? This is what the potential buyers will consider when they first see your property. It will form the first impression about your house in their minds.
- Remove any clutter from your yard.
- Repair cracked or uneven driveway or walkway surfaces.
- If it is the right time of year, you can buy some flower-filled planters to enhance the appeal of your property.
- Make sure your lawn is mowed regularly to make it look neat and tidy.
- Make sure all your windows and walls are clean.
- Paint your front door if required.
- Check out the lights. Replace any missing or burned out bulbs.
- Clean fixtures of dirt and cobwebs.
Now, let’s go indoors:
- Get the clutter out of sight and make your buyer see a neat and tidy interior.
- Ensure that carpets are clean and floors are scrubbed and polished.
- The walls must show fresh paint (preferably neutral colors).
- Take a sniff around and make sure there are no unpleasant odors in your home. If so, track them down and eliminate them.
- Ensure all your lights work and are free of cobwebs.
- Make your home look spacious, bright and fresh.
For more tips on selling or renting your house, visit us at Lone Star Realty & Property Management Inc. We are located at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542. You can also call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or (254) 290-4153.