Being a landlord is not an easy job. One has to be constantly on the lookout for tenant satisfaction and handle their grievances, if any, promptly. Legal help is easily available today and the tenants are using it like never before to sue landlords for even the slightest of issues. So it is better to avoid all the legal hassle by working on building up your reputation as a landlord. Read on to know some of the common tenant complaints concerning Fort Hood rentals, and how the same can be addressed.
- An unclean apartment is one of the most common complaints that tenants have. Moving into a new house is never a smooth ride, and the last thing a tenant would want is to have to clean the place the first time he or she moves in with the family. As a landlord, you must make sure that everything starting from the doors to window panes to cupboards, and so on, is thoroughly cleaned. You could hire the services of a professional cleaner for the same. In case your tenant is too demanding, you might have to end up getting the house cleaned twice.
- It is true that freshly painted walls are a great way to attract the attention of a prospective tenant who is looking for a housing option in Ft Hood. But some tenants may overlook the colors of the rooms and get to see the actual hues once they have moved in to the place. Certain colors such as blue, green, pink, and the like, can be a problem with the tenants. As a landlord, it is best to get the house painted in neutral shades and colors so that this complaint does not crop up at all.
- Pests and rodents can be a huge menace in any house. Your tenant might complaint of these. To avoid such a situation, it is advisable to have the property cleaned thoroughly. If mere cleaning will not suffice; an exterminator has to be called to ensure that the property is rid of all such pests and becomes safe for the tenants to reside in.
- It is also important to have an easy-to-use lock and a key. If the keys don’t fit into the lock smoothly, it can be a hassle for the tenant every time he or she has to lock or unlock the door. As a landlord, you could go in for changing the lock in case the situation demands.
- Besides these, frequently shorting electric circuits and leaking drains/ pipes are to be checked. Appropriate rectifications should be done to the same to make sure tenants don’t complain about it.
These are some pointers which if borne in mind will help in ensuring a good relationship between a landlord and his or her tenants. They are easy to implement, and save a lot of hassle for both the parties involved.