Finding the right tenants is one of the biggest worries for homeowners, but a little extra effort can help you get sorted. Your dreams of achieving a low vacancy rate and securing higher rent along with quality tenants can be fulfilled. All you need to do is prioritize the concerns and requirements of your prospective tenants. Remember, you have to give them a house that they can call their ‘home’. Provide them with all amenities and features that they require in a rental home.
In order to attract trustworthy and long term tenants, you need to work on the following guidelines:
- Highlight to appeal. It is important to remember that your soon-to-be tenant wants to know the place as much as he can. Make sure you highlight the best features of your property. If you have a well-maintained lawn, you can give details about it. You can mention about the new dishwasher or fences installed in your home. You can even talk about the safety features such as smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, advanced locking system etc.
- Add photos: With the advancement of technologies, tenants have found new ways of searching their rental home. Rental portals and MLS listing services are becoming quite popular. You can add high quality pictures and descriptions of your rental homes in various portals. This will help you attract more tenants towards your property. You can also post virtual tours to give them a better idea of your home.
- Promote cleanliness, clean before you brag. Cleanliness is an important factor which can attract potential tenants towards your property. Make sure the rugs are clean, kitchen is tidy and the curtains are dirt-free. Thoroughly vacuum your home before the tenants visit your property.
- Depersonalize your home. By personalizing your home, it becomes difficult for the tenant to envisage himself in it. That is why, it is important to depersonalize your home and remove knick-knacks, framed photographs etc. The reason being, every person has a different taste. Over the years you will have to rent out your property to many different tenants Thus, it is advised to not personalize it.
- Keep up with the repairs and maintenance. Make sure everything in the house is working properly. All the electrical appliances should be functional. In case of any signs of damage in the rooftop, doors, windows or any other structure, get it repaired by qualified vendors. If there are plumbing issues, get them fixed as soon as possible. This will help to cast a good impression on the potential tenants.
- Keep realistic demands. As a landlord, you should be updated with the real estate market. You should be aware about the ongoing rent prices. Demanding an appropriate rent can help to attract more tenants towards your property and rent it faster. Higher rent can reduce the chances of getting a good tenant for your rental home. A moderate rent can minimize your profit.
- Be responsive to queries: Make sure you maintain good communication with your tenant. You should be reachable to him whenever needed. If the prospective tenant has any doubts, be quick to answer them. This can increase the chances of renting your home faster.
- Hire a property manager. Hiring a property manager can help to reduce the vacancy rates and find quality tenants for your renal home in Ft Hood. There is a wide spectrum of jobs he can do for you:
- Conduct thorough background checks of your prospective tenants
- Side line the late rent payers
- Find the right kind of tenants for your property
- Advertise the property
- Conduct frequent visits to the rental property
- Handle tenant complaints
By keeping the above points in mind, you can increase the value the property and attract suitable tenants towards it. Hiring a property manager can help to keep up with maintenance and deal with all other tasks related to the rental home.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., offer a wide range of rental homes in Ft Hood. For more information about the rental services offered, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Drive, Killeen, TX 76542.