Staging a rental home in a professional manner is essential to attract quality tenants. In order to ensure regular and hassle free tenancy you must inspect and make some changes in your property.
Here are some tips to help you prepare your rental home for a showing:
- Ensure the rental home is clean: Responsible tenants prefer homes that are clutter free and well maintained. Thus, you must make sure that you organize the pantries, garage, closets and cabinets of the property. Make sure the shelves in the bathroom and kitchen are clean. You should de-personalize the property and remove any photos or memorabilia from the house.
- Check the plumbing: Tenants often check the water pressure or flush the toilet to ensure that all the plumbing fixtures are functional. They usually want to ensure that the drainage system works properly and there are no leakages. Thoroughly, inspect the plumbing of the house and ensure that there are no leaks.
- Clean the carpets: Pet stains, mold and mildew pose health hazards while causing foul smell in the carpet. You should vacuum the carpet regularly and get professional cleaning periodically. Proper cleaning of carpets and curtains ensures a healthy environment.
- Repaint the walls: If your previous tenant occupied the property for long, then you may have to repaint the rental home and patch out any holes.
- Ensure safety: To assure safe surroundings, make sure all the doors and windows operate properly and all the locks work. You can even consider replacing the lock if it is old or not working properly. Check all the lights including exterior lights so that the potential tenant can feel safe. You must also ensure that the smoke detectors and fire alarms are working properly.
- Check all the appliances: The tenants usually check the appliances to ensure that they are in good working condition. They can also confirm the make and model of the appliance. Old gadgets often consume more electricity and can add to the energy bills. If required, repair the appliances or replace old gadgets with newer ones.
By investing some time and money on preparing your home, you can attract good tenants and ensure constant rental income. We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., can help you prepare your property for staging in Fort Hood, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.