Just as landlords want their potential tenants to be responsible and trustworthy, renters also want their future abode to be safe and well maintained. In order to attract potential tenants and finalize the deal they should get the right first impression. Thus, before planning to put your property up for rent, there are certain important things that must be kept in mind to make sure that you are able to attract maximum tenants.
Here are some useful staging tips that can help you rent your home.
- Outdoor Area: The exterior part of your rental home is the first point of contact with the tenants. Thus, you must trim the lawns, remove weeds and clean the driveways or sidewalks to make the home look appealing. You should also replace the burned out light fixtures and rinse the patio furniture.
- Entrance: Your potential tenants should get a warm and welcoming feel when they enter the house. You must remove all the clutter and replace rusted doorknobs or handles. You can also put up some fresh flowers to add to the houses appeal.
- Kitchen: Most potential tenants inspect the kitchen very carefully as this is often the most worn out place in the house. You must make sure that your kitchen counters and cabinets are shining and stain free. All the leaky faucets and plumbing fixtures should be repaired. If you are renting a furnished home, the electronic appliances that you are providing should be in proper working condition.
- Bathroom: This is the place which, if not maintained, can dissolve the deal altogether. When a potential tenant visits your house, the bathrooms should be absolutely clean and fresh. Fix any damage caused due to water or mold, replace toilet seats and wipe the cabinets. You can also consider repainting the walls and replacing any broken tiles to give a clean and fresh look to the bathroom.
- Other Things: Besides these, there are a number of other important things that you must keep in mind while presenting your home to the renters. The lighting fixtures should be in good working condition, carpets and other furnishings must be clean and the cracks in the wall and ceilings should be repaired. You must also remove all your personal items from the house that may include your photographs, family portraits, souvenirs etc.
For more staging tips to rent your home in Killeen, TX, you can contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. at (254) 699 – 7003.