The most difficult aspect of renting an apartment is to find the best among the ones available. However, if some important things are kept in mind, the whole search process can be made a lot easier. Here are some of the important considerations that should be made while renting an apartment.
- Size: First and foremost you should determine the size of the apartment that you require. Two bedrooms might be needed for a couple with children however college students may share a room to save money. Also, take into account the size of the bathroom, dining room, living room etc.
- Price: Price is another important consideration and you can take the help of professional real estate agents to know about the current price trends in the areas where you want to rent an apartment. You should also keep in mind that you will also have to pay an advance one month rent and the security deposit before or immediately after moving in.
- Location: You should make sure that you inspect the location properly before renting the apartment. Accessibility to school, workplace, grocery store and other amenities is a big plus point. The locality and the neighbors determine how comfortable you will feel in your new home.
- Pets: If you have a pet or plan to have one in the near future you should discuss it with the landlord and know what are his rules regarding it. Some landlords do not allow pets in their property while others have guidelines regarding the number, type and size of the pets allowed.
- Parking: Find out how far you will have to go to park your car. Also inquire about the number of cars allowed per apartment and if there is an extra charge for additional cars.
- Amenities: Clear with your landlord about the amenities he will be responsible to provide you such as washer, dryer, pool or a dish washer.
- Pest problem: Thoroughly inspect the apartment for any signs of pest infestations and examine the areas under the sink and wooden closets to find signs of mice or termites.
- Length of lease: Determine the time period for which the lease is valid as most leases run for a year. You should try not to break the lease before the said time as this can be either impossible or highly expensive.
We, at Lone Star Realty and Property Management Inc., are an accomplished real estate company that can help you find the perfect rental apartment in Killeen, TX. For more information, you can call us at (254) 699 – 7003.