Improving the curb appeal of your home will not only make it look more beautiful but also add to its rental value. In fact, a shabby outdoor area is one of the biggest reasons why most tenants reject a property. Most landlords often avoid investing in exterior improvements just because they can be quite costly. Making some simple changes in the outdoor area can also boost its curb appeal in an affordable manner.
Given here are some useful tips that can help to improve the curb appeal of your Killeen rental home:
- Clean Thoroughly: One of the simplest ways in which you can make your home look more appealing is by cleaning it thoroughly. Use a pressure washer to remove all the dirt and stains from the driveways, sidewalks, porch, outdoor deck etc. Do not forget to clean the doors and windows too.
- Improve The Landscaping: Remove all the dead plants and weeds from the lawn and add fresh flower beds. Make sure you trim the grass of your lawn before the potential tenant visits the rental home. If you have sprinklers installed, make sure they are working properly.
- Light The Walkway: Installing low voltage landscape lighting across the walkways will not only increase the view of your property in the dark, but also add to its security feature. You can also opt for solar powered lights to save on your tenant’s energy bills.
- Improve The Entryway: Cleaning and repainting the entrance of your Killeen rental home is a cost-effective way to transform its look. You can also place potted ornamental plants to give it a more welcoming appearance.
- Clean Out The Gutters: If there are any clogged drains or gutters in or near your rental home, make sure you get them repaired before any potential tenant visits. Having standing and stinking water is surely an unlikely thing that people do not want in their future residence.
- Add Some Accessories: Putting up some weather resistant art pieces or other decorative accessories can also help to improve curb appeal. Make sure that the items that you choose should complement the color of your home and outdoor area.
We, at Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc., offer complete assistance in renting your home in Killeen, TX. For more details about our services, feel free to contact us at (254) 699 – 7003 or visit our office at 1020 W Jasper Dr, Killeen, TX 76542.