If you are looking to rent or buy a home in Ft. Hood, you need to consider many aspects such as your budget, style of living and space requirements. You have an option to choose between living in an apartment or a duplex. A duplex is simply a home divided into two apartments, each having a separate entrance. Living in a duplex is a better and convenient option because of the following reasons:
- Outdoor space: A duplex has a common outdoor space at the back as well as the front side, which may be equally partitioned between you and the other tenant. This space can be used to spend leisure time or host outdoor parties. You also have an option to maintain this space as your personal vegetable garden.
- Affordability: Renting a duplex is cheaper as you can share the rent with other tenant living in the property. Also, you will have to pay only for electricity and gas consumed in your portion of duplex. You also don't have to pay any monthly maintenance charges that need to be paid in case you reside in an apartment.
- Additional income option: In case you are buying a duplex, you have an option to let out one portion of your house while residing in the other one. This is possible because a duplex can be partitioned into two apartments with different entrances. In this way, you will be able to earn some money in the form of rent while residing in the same house. In case you have taken a loan for purchasing the duplex, you can easily pay off the installments with the rent received.
- Less sharing: When residing in a duplex, you have to share less as compared to living in an apartment where you have to share all the amenities like kitchen, garage, garden and barbeque pits. In case of a duplex, you can have your own driveway, garage and many other basic amenities.
- Personalization: In a duplex, you can personalize your portion as per your requirements and living style. A duplex is more spacious than an apartment where little can be altered or modified as per your preferences. Since a duplex also offers more privacy, it is considered as one of the best housing options in Ft. Hood.
If you are looking for a housing option in Ft. Hood, TX, contact Lone Star Realty & Property Management, Inc. We can be reached at (254) 699 – 7003.